Discover feature requests and suggestions for improvement

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jappe

25 Jan 2015

Browsed through an endless chain of single-drops, not many with collaboration.

So, my suggestion is: In order to drop to discover, drop-credits must be earned and payed with. 

Drop credits can be earned by collaborating or by reviewing (I'm sure Prop's will implement reviews/rating - they have to!).

jappe

25 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:There is a survey where you can post your suggestions:

https://www.propellerheads.se/appmusic/survey/
ah thank's

Raveshaper

25 Jan 2015

I elected to stay on R7 so I have never used anything related to Discover, but I have three ideas.

1.) Voting System
Anyone who has spent hours on a mix only to find that an audience doesn't flow with it knows the indispensable value of feedback during the process of making a song. Not to say that pleasing everyone all the time should be the goal, but having the ability to list something you're working on, have people vote it up or down with comments so you have an idea of what is or isn't working, and the option of locking the WIP so it can't be hijacked in the mean time would be a powerful feature. Treating each listing as an audio thread with successive nested uploads of progress on the project would give it a forum vibe but using audio as the focus.

2.) Timeline Comment Tags
Through some computer whiz-bangery I can't begin to imagine, it would be cool to have SoundCloud style comment tags in the timeline of a Reason project. Maybe something like "auto upload at shutdown" so that your progress gets updated when you close Reason, then the comments in the uploaded audio get retrieved and synced along the timeline of the project. That way you can get feedback on what is or isn't good, be able to write up a tutorial on a particular sound, etc.

3.) The Discover Economy
Here's an idea, let new musicians bring their music to market directly through the company that sold them the tools they used to make it. Rather than uploading to Discover the way it is now, make it possible to support yourself off of the work you submit. This would require a drastic overhaul of the EULA and ToS, but hey...why would you setup Discover and not plan to do this?
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information