Focusrite Saffire & Scarlet users - we have brand new Red Plugins Suite for free!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
ScuzzyEye

06 Feb 2015

zakalwe wrote:it's always worth poking around in your bundled software to see if you got a lite version of ableton live or whatever somewhere.  i think i got one with my interface or possible my controller.
I just found the Ableton Live Lite license that came with my Focusrite. Activated it, and got version 9. Sure it's only 8 channels, but that's enough to handle a couple percussion, bass, lead, vocals, and a few more for miscellaneous. Create buses for those in Reason, bounce them, and load them up into Live.

Territan

11 Feb 2015

zakalwe wrote:I've had a go with soundflower on my mac but it seems like too much of a pain.  rewiring or bouncing your channels or busses into a VST host is really the way if you want to try out goodies like this.  it's always worth poking around in your bundled software to see if you got a lite version of ableton live or whatever somewhere.  i think i got one with my interface or possible my controller.
It doesn't help that Soundflower is in a state of developmental flux.

And I'm using an old definition of "flux" here that means "infection of bacillic dysentery."
-This space intentionally left apathetic-

• Information