Focusrite Saffire & Scarlet users - we have brand new Red Plugins Suite for free!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
tumar

24 Jan 2015

Check your accounts (one has to have interface registered)

http://uk.focusrite.com/plug-ins/red-plug-in-suite

http://us.focusrite.com/perfect-partners

EDIT: Forte users too!

QVprod

24 Jan 2015

No Way! Yes! Thanks for pointing this out. I figure they had to do something since they're not updating the scarlett plugins to AAX.

Edit: ofcourse I had to re-register my interface and it still doesn't show up in my account.....time comes the support calls.... :frown:

tumar

24 Jan 2015

Yes, I had to re-register interface too. BTW, I had also re-register Novation plugins (Novation accounts are based on the same engine). I think they changed something on servers.

EDIT: John Loftus from Focusrite wrote on gearslutz forum:
"I am sorry that the new Red Plug-In Suite is not visible in your account.
Can I ask?
- What specific model do you own?
- Is it registered? I can't see any hardware listed in your screenshot.

I have recently been informed that the new Plug-In Suite is being rolled out over the course of the next few days. If you cannot see the activation details within your customer account now, now they should be there very soon.

John Loftus // Focusrite | Novation Tech Support "

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/namm-20 ... sed-2.html

Julibee

24 Jan 2015

THANK YOU!! :)
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

QVprod

24 Jan 2015

tumar wrote:Yes, I had to re-register interface too. BTW, I had also re-register Novation plugins (Novation accounts are based on the same engine). I think they changed something on servers.

EDIT: John Loftus from Focusrite wrote on gearslutz forum:
"I am sorry that the new Red Plug-In Suite is not visible in your account.
Can I ask?
- What specific model do you own?
- Is it registered? I can't see any hardware listed in your screenshot.

I have recently been informed that the new Plug-In Suite is being rolled out over the course of the next few days. If you cannot see the activation details within your customer account now, now they should be there very soon.

John Loftus // Focusrite | Novation Tech Support "

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/namm-20 ... sed-2.html
Thanks, good to know it's not just me

dhruan

24 Jan 2015

Thanks for the info! :) Way cool!
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

tumar

24 Jan 2015

Julibee wrote:THANK YOU!! :)
You're welcome ;) BTW, yesterday I lulled my son to sleep with your bandcamp music (sorry about that :P ).

Julibee

24 Jan 2015

Julibee wrote:THANK YOU!! :)
tumar wrote:
You're welcome ;) BTW, yesterday I lulled my son to sleep with your bandcamp music (sorry about that :P ).
I LOVE that!!! Don't you dare be sorry! *MY* kids like it, but I never really thought what other kids would say. One of the very first things I ever posted on the interwebs was a 3/4 lullaby I wrote for my (at the time) baby girl. So, yeah. It's all about the Momma love. X
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

tumar

25 Jan 2015

Julibee wrote: I LOVE that!!! Don't you dare be sorry! *MY* kids like it, but I never really thought what other kids would say. One of the very first things I ever posted on the interwebs was a 3/4 lullaby I wrote for my (at the time) baby girl. So, yeah. It's all about the Momma love. X
What other kids say? My boy said (quote): "hrrr...zzz..zzz...hrrr" just before slept and transmission was over :D
But seriously, he like to hear so calm, a bit transy music. Hey, and I knew new word "illbient" ! ;) Now this is my musical acronym numer two (number one is still "sadcore").

John Loftus

27 Jan 2015

Hi guys,

It's great to hear that you are interested in the new Plug-In Suite!

If anybody is experiencing issues accessing the Red Plug-In Suite please contact us here: 
http://uk.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

John Loftus // Focusrite | Novation Tech Support

QVprod

27 Jan 2015

John Loftus wrote:Hi guys,

If anybody is experiencing issues accessing the Red Plug-In Suite please contact us here: 

Welcome John!

Nice to see Focusrite on ReasonTalk!

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2015

John Loftus wrote:Hi guys,

I didn't have a problem getting the freebies but when the compressor was loaded as a VST3 device in Sonar X3 it turned a kick into a strange high pitch noise! I gave up with it but I'll have a look at it tomorrow to see if loading it into Sonar Platinum makes a difference.

Grum.

John Loftus

28 Jan 2015

Hi Grum,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues using the new Plug-Ins, that is a very unusual.
Can I ask; what specific version of Sonar are you using?

You can log a case with us using the link that I previously provided and we can investigate this further if you do not manage to resolve it.

Regards,

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2015

John Loftus wrote:Hi Grum,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues using the new Plug-Ins, that is a very unusual.

You can log a case with us using the link that I previously provided and we can investigate this further if you do not manage to resolve it.

Regards,

Thanks for taking an interest. It was X3 Pro at the latest version.
When I get out of bed (I took a day off to play with my new toy!) I'll boot up Platinum and see what happens with the same kick in that.
It could be a VST3 thing as I've had another plugin that glitched but the VST2 version worked ok.

Grum.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2015

John Loftus wrote:Hi Grum,

Regards,

Good news (for both of us!). Exactly the same project in Sonar Platinum has no problem with the VST3 Red Compressor. I tried X3 Pro again and the kick makes a high pitch "clang" sound but as I've moved on to Platinum I'll not worry about that - but obviously it's worth noting at Focusrite.
While I'm here, kudos for the Saffire PRO 14, it's a nice bit of kit....but...
I do suffer from some problems with DAW exported audio playing at different speeds in the Windows Media Player. I'll export from Sonar at 44.1 but it plays at high speed. I then boot up Reason and close it and it then plays at the correct speed in the Media Player. It's obviously some sort of 48/44.1 thing but I can't get to the bottom of it. I have tried "saving to hardware" but it doesn't help.

I have been playing with MixControl while typing this and have found that I can adjust the sample rate today - usually it is locked even when I have nothing else open so that's a change. If I set it at 44.1 and then play something in Media Player it flips over to 48 (but plays at the right speed).
I'll carry on playing around and see if Sonar exported audio is different now I have dropped X3.

Grum. 

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2015

Well things just keep on getting better!!
I've exported from Sonar Platinum at 44.1 and 48 and both files play in Media Player at the correct speed.
I think X3 wasn't letting go over it's control of the Saffire even when it was closed, and it seems that the new version leaves it alone.
What a happy bunny I am today :s0221:

Grum.

ScuzzyEye

28 Jan 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:I've exported from Sonar Platinum at 44.1 and 48 and both files play in Media Player at the correct speed.
I've had that happen randomly with various audio interfaces, not just my Focusrite. It usually happens when I start my web browser, and play something in Flash, and then start an ASIO program that changes the sampling rate. The next time something plays in Flash it is still assuming the old rate.

John Loftus

28 Jan 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:Well things just keep on getting better!!
I've exported from Sonar Platinum at 44.1 and 48 and both files play in Media Player at the correct speed.
I think X3 wasn't letting go over it's control of the Saffire even when it was closed, and it seems that the new version leaves it alone.
What a happy bunny I am today :s0221:

Grum.
Hi Grum,

It sounds like you have had a productive day! I am glad to hear that you have resolved this issue. I will take a note of the problems you've had, thank you.

tumar

28 Jan 2015

I have to admit that Focusrite (Novation of course too) has excellent and extremally friendly customer service.  John helped me a lot via email. I'm glad I bought Saffire :)

jonheal

04 Feb 2015

They kind of uglified them a little from the previous version.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Last Alternative

04 Feb 2015

I have those but can't use it with Reason :m0358:
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

tumar

06 Feb 2015

Some people here use VST plugins with Reason, but it needs a lot of routing and third-party software like Jack or Soundflower. I've never tried this, but you can find some tutorials on forum.

zakalwe

06 Feb 2015

great find tumar!

and this is really quite incredible as i bought my saffire 6 USB in 2011.  best bit of kit i ever bought.

QVprod

06 Feb 2015

tumar wrote:Some people here use VST plugins with Reason, but it needs a lot of routing and third-party software like Jack or Soundflower. I've never tried this, but you can find some tutorials on forum.
Actually I haven't seen anyone do a tutorial about using Reason with external fx plugs (who knows maybe I missed it). It's sort basically the same concept that you would use for VIs but your'e routing audio both in and out instead of midi. Personally though I can't see the latency involved being worth it. 

zakalwe

06 Feb 2015

I've had a go with soundflower on my mac but it seems like too much of a pain.  rewiring or bouncing your channels or busses into a VST host is really the way if you want to try out goodies like this.  it's always worth poking around in your bundled software to see if you got a lite version of ableton live or whatever somewhere.  i think i got one with my interface or possible my controller.

• Information