Pro Tools 12 and you thought there wasn't much in Reason 8!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
The Tone Ranger

23 Jan 2015

Avid just announced Pro Tools 12 and all they added was their cloud service!

Flandersh

23 Jan 2015

At least they join the "free version" gang: http://apps.avid.com/ProToolsFirst/ ;)

selig
RE Developer

23 Jan 2015

Flandersh wrote:At least they join the "free version" gang: http://apps.avid.com/ProToolsFirst/ ;)
They were the first IIRC back with "Pro Tools Free" many years ago (I think that's what it was called). 
Selig Audio, LLC

Flandersh

23 Jan 2015

Flandersh wrote:At least they join the "free version" gang: http://apps.avid.com/ProToolsFirst/ ;)
selig wrote:
They were the first IIRC back with "Pro Tools Free" many years ago (I
selig wrote:think
selig wrote: that's what it was called). 
You may absolutely be right, have never liked Pro Tools so I haven't followed it so close ;)

JoshuaPhilgarlic

23 Jan 2015

selig wrote:They were the first IIRC back with "Pro Tools Free" many years ago (I think that's what it was called). 
Yay, it was my first chance to get PT at home (in the studio I'm working for I use it for nearly 20 years now). That version was pretty cool: it provided native real-time audio scrubbing in times, where this was only available for DSP-based PT systems  :D ! Later I bought a smaller PT with a MBox Micro just for private editing , but after the next OS update I didn't follow 'cause of the upgrade pricing (as always with PT/Avid :frown: ). So, I'm curious what the new free version offers!

Wook

23 Jan 2015

Cool. I won their Media Composer in a giveaway recently but managed to exchange it for PT license. Haven't registered it yet because i need to buy an iLok. But hey, 40 Euros investment is peanuts comparing to the full price.

Wook

24 Jan 2015

Wook wrote:Cool. I won their Media Composer in a giveaway recently but managed to exchange it for PT license. Haven't registered it yet because i need to buy an iLok. But hey, 40 Euros investment is peanuts comparing to the full price.
GeorgeFeb wrote:
Well sure, but you can wait for the free version, I bet it'd be cool!
Yes, but this is a full version. I'm curious about that HEAT thingie they have as an extra. It sounds sweet.

I've never used PT before so this will be an interesting little adventure.

selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2015

Wook wrote:Cool. I won their Media Composer in a giveaway recently but managed to exchange it for PT license. Haven't registered it yet because i need to buy an iLok. But hey, 40 Euros investment is peanuts comparing to the full price.
GeorgeFeb wrote:
Well sure, but you can wait for the free version, I bet it'd be cool!
Wook wrote: Yes, but this is a full version. I'm curious about that HEAT thingie they have as an extra. It sounds sweet.

I've never used PT before so this will be an interesting little adventure.

Huge fan of HEAT in Pro Tools for anything but pure acoustic music (and I tend to leave it off of all vocals as a general rule). The approach works well for me, and I even created a version of the effect for Reason a while back (being archived now!). :)
Selig Audio, LLC

QVprod

24 Jan 2015

Does Heat work for the non-HD version now? I thought only HD users had access to it.

Wook

24 Jan 2015

selig wrote:Huge fan of HEAT in Pro Tools for anything but pure acoustic music (and I tend to leave it off of all vocals as a general rule). The approach works well for me, and I even created a version of the effect for Reason a while back (being archived now!). :)
Yes! I remember you talking about it but it was just a nice info because i never had PT in my arsenal. Now i'm anxious to get that iLok.

Must check your Reason version, too.

Wook

24 Jan 2015

QVprod wrote:Does Heat work for the non-HD version now? I thought only HD users had access to it.
Hmmm... Yeah, didn't think about that. Selig? You should be in the know. Help us out. I didn't get HD version.

Wook

24 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:I tried PT, didn't like it at all, but I believe that the Free little version won't be to overwhelming! :)

Let's wait & see...
Yeah, it doesn't seem inspiring but i wouldn't create music in it. Mixing only. Share your thoughts when you get it.

• Information