Chord Sequencer refills?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
killhamster

23 Jul 2024

I bought Chord Sequencer on day one, but this has been bugging me: are there any refills/collections of patches for this device aside from the ones included with it? I imagine they'd take a bit of time to program/create but it's been out for a couple of years now and there just doesn't seem to be anything out there for it. :puf_unhappy:

huggermugger

23 Jul 2024

I was excited about Chord Sequencer when it came out, but in hindsight, it's pretty basic. The sequencer section is lame. Unfortunately, Reason dropped it like a hot potato as soon as it was released, just like they have with so many of their devices. As far as I'm concerned, it's a dead end.

For chord sequencing in Reason, I use Retouch ChordSQ, which is much deeper, and has received three major updates already. It comes with a ton of presets, both Progressions and Chord Sets, and it has a feature to generate Progressions and Chord Sets from scratch. There's even a folder of Song Writer progressions, common progressions named in the conventional manner with Roman numerals.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... sequencer/
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 1.53.07 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 1.53.07 PM.png (512.04 KiB) Viewed 1731 times

rebasnop

12 Sep 2024

If you're comfortable with it, you could create and savesnow rider 3d your own patches over time. Chord Sequencers can be complex, but building your own library could be rewarding and fit your specific needs.

Mataya

13 Sep 2024

I go to FL studio and generate all kinds of chord progressions with it's new generator, which has a lot of options and then record it into chord seq and save it. I did the same with Cubase.

M

mimidancer

13 Sep 2024

Something you could do is look at some charts and turn them into chord collections. Just pick a sound you like and go on a site like https://www.ultimate-guitar.com. If you switch from Tab to piano it will spell out all the chords used in the song. You could input them and then rearrange them to see what you could make using the same chords. This will also help you learn some basic theory as you handle the data and notice how they work together.

joeyluck

14 Sep 2024

I missed this thread before, but in case you missed this other thread, there was an Olivia Broadfield chord set released just days after this post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7534882

PGR

15 Sep 2024

You also have 30+ Sound Packs with Chord Sequencer Processions for different styles. But then you need a subscription.

KickbackCouture

15 Sep 2024

It would be nice if they expanded these to include free point updates for people with perpetual licenses rather than just those with Reason+. This inspires me to dig into the process of making new patches for it, though. 💡

• Information