Robotic Bean Hand Clap Studio??

Discuss VST stuff here!
Theo.M

12 Sep 2024

https://roboticbean.com/products/hand-clap-studio/

Hi, does anyone use or know anything about this one? it's on sale at Boutique and I am a sucker for hand claps as they are one of the most important elements in a good EDM track. $29 USD seems reasonable.

But that's my big question. IS it suited to EDM. The Audiothing hand clapper wasn't really, so I barely use it and have had it for years. Hoping the Robotic Bean one is more broad range.

Same Robotic Bean that does all those lovely RE's, so would like to support them further if it's something I would use.

If it wasn't a 20 minute demo I would download it to test, but I have to be up front, 20 min demos drive me batty. Reason being because I might spend all that time shaping the sound I want then lose it as soon as the 20 minutes is up. Then start again. Rinse cycle repeat. It happens to me every time so I just stopped downloading plugins that have that particular demo restriction.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra/64Gb/Apollo T-Bolt 3/OS 14.6.1/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Logic 11.01
MSI GT77/13980HX/RTX 4090m/64GB/Arturia Minifuse 2/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Low DPC latency tuned

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2024

I love it. I have his two clap REs. I also have Audiothings clapper and another couple by other folk. The RB VST is my favourite. Don’t know if it’s useful for dance music but it probably is so just get it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2024

I have their two clap-REs as well. I like them.
They've manage to be used in surprisingly many tunes of mine, considering how limited these type of devices are.
The acoustic clap especially I like because it doesn't get as stale as just using a normal clap sample. With this one you always get a more randomized human sound.

Theo.M

12 Sep 2024

Ok cheers. Thanks for the opinions :)
MSI GT77/13980HX/RTX 4090m/64GB/Arturia Minifuse 2/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Low DPC latency tuned

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2024

Let me know if you want any sound examples from tracks I’ve used them.
Many times it’s easier to make a decision if we can actually hear the thing, rather than just reading words about it.

Theo.M

12 Sep 2024

TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Sep 2024
Many times it’s easier to make a decision if we can actually hear the thing, rather than just reading words about it.
Oh yeah, how kind of you. If not too much trouble I would love that!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Sep 2024

Theo.M wrote:
12 Sep 2024
TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Sep 2024
Oh yeah, how kind of you. If not too much trouble I would love that!
No problem.
So I don't know anything about what their VST version includes, so I'm strictly showing examples of their REs: AC-1 Acoustic Clapper and EC-1 Electro Clapper.
What I like especially about the AC-1 is that I can have a punchy tight snare in the middle and then have the AC-1 claps create some stereo width and some randomness with the sloppiness function.
As usual with my music, the musical styles are gonna be all over the place.

Examples with AC-1:

The Ride is the first track I ever used the AC-1. Wrote it for the AC-1 song competition, so the claps are prominent troughout the whole song.

Examples with EC-1:

Theo.M

13 Sep 2024

Like the Ride, LOVE Flashback. So neat!

Ooh, Joyride, nice.

I can never come up with names for my stuff.

The claps sound good, but they are definitely different products entirely cause the VST is deep round robin sampling and the RE's are algorithmic which proudly state " no samples".

But still, it's evident RB make quality stuff and I just noticed he said suitable for "club bangers" in the VST's description. I'm going to DL the demo after all.

BTW, Flashback really reminds me of my favourite video game era soundtracks but without the chiptune - it's actually therefore quite a unique track. Nice one.

(I am a 90's video game addict if you couldn't tell, I was 20 in '93 and was into it heavily till about 97 then stopped till a few years back and now I have transferred all my old carts and discs, bit by bit over the years, to play on emulators. Now THAT'S fun)!

Edit, darn it really has that "LED STORM" Amiga version feel, Flashback that is. That's a *really* good song you got there. Can you see what I mean about the sort of chaotic retro video game soundtrack feel?
Here's LED Storm, check out Tune 1 and 6 if you're interested. My 2 absolute favourites.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Sep 2024

Theo.M wrote:
13 Sep 2024
Like the Ride, LOVE Flashback. So neat!

Ooh, Joyride, nice.

I can never come up with names for my stuff.

The claps sound good, but they are definitely different products entirely cause the VST is deep round robin sampling and the RE's are algorithmic which proudly state " no samples".

But still, it's evident RB make quality stuff and I just noticed he said suitable for "club bangers" in the VST's description. I'm going to DL the demo after all.

BTW, Flashback really reminds me of my favourite video game era soundtracks but without the chiptune - it's actually therefore quite a unique track. Nice one.

(I am a 90's video game addict if you couldn't tell, I was 20 in '93 and was into it heavily till about 97 then stopped till a few years back and now I have transferred all my old carts and discs, bit by bit over the years, to play on emulators. Now THAT'S fun)!

Edit, darn it really has that "LED STORM" Amiga version feel, Flashback that is. That's a *really* good song you got there. Can you see what I mean about the sort of chaotic retro video game soundtrack feel?
Here's LED Storm, check out Tune 1 and 6 if you're interested. My 2 absolute favourites.
Thanks for the compliments. :puf_smile:
It's only EC-1 that isn't based on samples. AC-1 definitely is. It says on the product page: "AC-1 is a sample-based handclap player with built-in rhythms that enables you to quickly add great and realistic sounding handclaps to your song. With full control over the number of clappers, how hard or sloppy they clap, and close/room mic balance, this is the go-to device for all your acoustic handclap needs!"

I'm guessing you'll be good with the VST option or the RE route either way.

I recognize that Tim Follin style. I used to play Bionic Commando on the Amiga 500 as a kid.
I've done lots of chiptunes over the years. I think these two especially remind me of Tim Follins music in Bionic Commando.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2024

Hello, nothing much to add here, but I always need realistic claps for my disco/funk/city-pop stuff and HCS delivers. Before, I used to painstakingly unquantize various clap samples by hand in order to have something that HCS does in a click and much better. Worth every penny iyam.

Steedus
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2024

Ekssperimental Sounds did the graphics too I believe

• Information