Galaxy Watch 6 Or 7

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
RobC

03 Sep 2024

Hi everyone!

Hope you had a good summer!

Yeah, it was mostly rotten awful hot. x D

Anyway, I've been pretty... inspired by smartwatches. Got some extra workout done and alike.

Now, it's time for something more serious.

The great thing about smartwatches is their size; that they are always ready; they can function as phones and music players; and compact, quick messengers and browsers. Not no mention for taking quick notes.

It seems that Samsung's Galaxy Watch 6 (classic) has everything I always needed and wanted, enough to ditch my phone at least half the time I use it, (and even more). Hovewer, the Watch 7 is faster (more cores and RAM); has twice the memory (32 GB), and more health sensors, which got pretty close to medical devices (almost spot on).

There are pretty good deals on Watch 6 Classic, pretty much 2/3rd the price of a Watch 7 - but then again, Watch 7 has features that may make it a keeper for years longer than a Watch 6. Not to mention, the price always dropped really fast.

Here's the deal: I don't necessarily need 7's features; the 6 is very tempting at the moment; I do find use for both the fitness, and the multimedia and communication features - but I'm just undecided here.
Would it be worth it to pay a bit more for a Watch 7 during Black Friday, or should I give in to my urges and get a 6 and bluetooth earphones now?
I'm mostly drawn towards to the 7, but I also feel like the 6 would help me become a bit more of a superman. x D

Even with my shitty Amazfit Band 5, I'm more motivated to workout, so it certainly does work.

So, what are your experiences? What would you do?
I'd love to be more patient and go for a Watch 7 (with eSIM), but the Watch 6 also with eSIM, is evil-ly tempting.
So... help, please?

jam-s

03 Sep 2024

:D

RobC

04 Sep 2024

jam-s wrote:
03 Sep 2024
:D
Summary: Samsung Galaxy Watch 7 may be worth the wait - but 6 might be enough, and would help improve my life. Possibly 2-3 months wait are not much, but then again, it's still 2-3 months of life.

I do understand that there are people that can't find use for it. I can. If nothing else, it can play music via bluetooth. It's on your wrist, always ready. Extra convenience.

Finally, I can't afford the 7 yet, with eSIM, and for me, it's overpriced. Not a first world country.

Anyway, I was hoping that an owner of either could give some insight.

miyaru

05 Sep 2024

The only thing I can say, my Galaxy watch is four years old, but I’m still extremely happy with it!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

RobC

05 Sep 2024

miyaru wrote:
05 Sep 2024
The only thing I can say, my Galaxy watch is four years old, but I’m still extremely happy with it!
I definitely could have used one today while grocery shopping. I always fear scratching my phone or dropping it, or losing it. A simple notes app and a calculator is enough, and these smartwatches can do it. No need for the phone.
I'll probably go for a 7 during black friday with eSIM.
Glad to hear I can expect years of service!

miyaru

06 Sep 2024

RobC wrote:
05 Sep 2024
miyaru wrote:
05 Sep 2024
I definitely could have used one today while grocery shopping. I always fear scratching my phone or dropping it, or losing it. A simple notes app and a calculator is enough, and these smartwatches can do it. No need for the phone.
Oh yes, it works flawless with my one year old Samsung A34 phone!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,

RobC

13 Sep 2024

miyaru wrote:
06 Sep 2024
RobC wrote:
05 Sep 2024

Oh yes, it works flawless with my one year old Samsung A34 phone!
Cool, I'm getting closer to the price, though I hope there will be a ~50 USD/EUR price drop soon. I already got one of those Redmi Buds 4 Active to go with it.

Btw, if I can ask, what features of the watch do you use most often? (Besides checking time.)

miyaru

13 Sep 2024

Time, hands free calling, operating spotify, sleeptime, walks, weather…….
Greetings from Miyaru.

• Information