Reason 13.0.2 released!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Deep Schulzz

29 Aug 2024

At first glance, 13.02 seems to be a huge improvement:

Features
  • Implemented an Indexing indicator in the Browser
  • Changed handling of shortcuts pointing to Dropbox, Google Drive, and other cloud folders
  • Remote support for Novation Launchkey MK4 and Launchkey Mini MK4

Bugs fixed
  • Improvements for faster Indexing and resolving items for Browser
  • Several Browser optimizations
  • Searching in Indexed locations
  • Searching in All locations, User locations, Shortcuts and Favorite lists
  • Response time for greyed out Tag and Category buttons
  • Preferences: MIDI ports are now showing the correct name on Mac
  • Multiple file name searches are now properly combined in the Browser
  • Fixed an Issue where Flat list view sometimes left out results
  • Fixed an Issue where ReFills could appear empty in Tree view
  • Fixed a bug where Combinator patches would reload when clicking on Shortcuts
  • Fixed a bug where using multiple MIDI input channels could introduce latency
  • Shipped Demo songs and Template songs can now be opened in Demo mode as expected
  • Fixed an issue where navigating to a parent folder from a sub-folder was not showing all content within the parent folder
  • Malström Patches are now visible as expected
  • Improvements to how numbers are sorted in the Browser
  • Fixed an issue where the Enable/Disable button for Time stretch was inverted
  • Fixed a memory issue on Windows where a VST3 version of certain plugins used much more RAM than the VST2 version
  • Fixed a bug where Folders in Song Samples wouldn't collapse properly
  • Fixed a bug where Optional ReFills (Drum Supply and Loop Supply) weren’t visible
  • The Date column in the Browser now defaults to descending sort
  • .reason song files can now be tagged in Browser
  • Shortcuts to REX files are now handled correctly and keyboard focus doesn't get lost when loading REX files
  • Additional bug fixes and improvements

deeplink
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2024

Quite a hefty performance update and some irritating bugs squashed

Source: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

Features
- Implemented an Indexing indicator in the Browser
- Changed handling of shortcuts pointing to Dropbox, Google Drive, and other cloud folders
- Remote support for Novation Launchkey MK4 and Launchkey Mini MK4

Bugs fixed
Improvements for faster Indexing and resolving items for Browser
-- Several Browser optimizations
-- Searching in Indexed locations
-- Searching in All locations, User locations, Shortcuts and Favorite lists

Response time for greyed out Tag and Category buttons
Preferences: MIDI ports are now showing the correct name on Mac
Multiple file name searches are now properly combined in the Browser
Fixed an Issue where Flat list view sometimes left out results
Fixed an Issue where ReFills could appear empty in Tree view
Fixed a bug where Combinator patches would reload when clicking on Shortcuts
Fixed a bug where using multiple MIDI input channels could introduce latency
Shipped Demo songs and Template songs can now be opened in Demo mode as expected
Fixed an issue where navigating to a parent folder from a sub-folder was not showing all content within the parent folder
Malström Patches are now visible as expected
Improvements to how numbers are sorted in the Browser
Fixed an issue where the Enable/Disable button for Time stretch was inverted
Fixed a memory issue on Windows where a VST3 version of certain plugins used much more RAM than the VST2 version
Fixed a bug where Folders in Song Samples wouldn't collapse properly
Fixed a bug where Optional ReFills (Drum Supply and Loop Supply) weren’t visible
The Date column in the Browser now defaults to descending sort
.reason song files can now be tagged in Browser
Shortcuts to REX files are now handled correctly and keyboard focus doesn't get lost when loading REX files
Additional bug fixes and improvements
Get more Combinators, Patches and Resources at the deeplink website

EnochLight

29 Aug 2024

* Note: sorry for the duplicate - I made a sticky thread but didn't see the OP's thread below. @Deep Schulzz - I edited your post since it didn't have the fixlist published. Now it does. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

huggermugger

29 Aug 2024

Wow, I had no idea the "new and improved" Browser was so fraught with problems.

RobBarnett

29 Aug 2024

1hr and 15 mins indexing......so far and still going

EnochLight

29 Aug 2024

RobBarnett wrote:
29 Aug 2024
Do you have a lot of content?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Marc Swing

29 Aug 2024

And we who refuse to upgrade because of the new browser we are stuck with the "Fixed a memory issue on Windows where a VST3 version of certain plugins used much more RAM than the VST2 version"?

Sure, I understand that we won't get any more "support" or new futures and I'm fine with that, but it's a bug that affects the program and has been around for a long time and should have already been fixed in Reason 12.

Thanks for that Reason Studios... :?

RobBarnett

29 Aug 2024

EnochLight wrote:
29 Aug 2024
RobBarnett wrote:
29 Aug 2024
77Gb of refills/samples/patches
8.3Gb of Apple Logic content/loops etc.
12.6Gb of Reason Sound packs
Excluding the included Reason Soundbanks .
all on Macbook Pro M1 Max internal disk

Indexing is still going - Now 3 HOURS

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2024

Marc Swing wrote:
29 Aug 2024
And we who refuse to upgrade because of the new browser we are stuck with the "Fixed a memory issue on Windows where a VST3 version of certain plugins used much more RAM than the VST2 version"?

Sure, I understand that we won't get any more "support" or new futures and I'm fine with that, but it's a bug that affects the program and has been around for a long time and should have already been fixed in Reason 12.

Have you asked this question of support? I only ask as I saw they fixed this in 13 so have asked reason studios if they will be rolling out an update fix for r12 users seeing as it was reported to them prior to r13 release.

No response yet but I only sent the request today.

Inzajeano

29 Aug 2024

I'm running the latest version and noticed the vertical lines on the bottom are not aligned with the ones on top. Is it just my system?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 4.57.02 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 4.57.02 AM.png (7.31 KiB) Viewed 2676 times

EnochLight

29 Aug 2024

RobBarnett wrote:
29 Aug 2024
EnochLight wrote:
29 Aug 2024

77Gb of refills/samples/patches
8.3Gb of Apple Logic content/loops etc.
12.6Gb of Reason Sound packs
Excluding the included Reason Soundbanks .
all on Macbook Pro M1 Max internal disk

Indexing is still going - Now 3 HOURS
So 97.9 gigs of data, including refills. That’s almost 1/10th of a terabyte. That’s a lot of content to index, so that tracks.

EnochLight

29 Aug 2024

Popey wrote:
29 Aug 2024
Marc Swing wrote:
29 Aug 2024

Have you asked this question of support? I only ask as I saw they fixed this in 13 so have asked reason studios if they will be rolling out an update fix for r12 users seeing as it was reported to them prior to r13 release.

Reason 12 “support” is done. Development has ended. It’s FIN. No more. Move to Reason 13 if you want updates.

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2024

EnochLight wrote:
29 Aug 2024
Popey wrote:
29 Aug 2024

Reason 12 “support” is done. Development has ended. It’s FIN. No more. Move to Reason 13 if you want updates.
Is that a response you got from rs that you are sharing or your opinion EnochLight?

I don't think it is too ridiculous a question to them considering there may be r12 customers that are still within a year of purchase so should get support (does it not say perpetual support is one year).

If they have fixed the issue in 13 now then they will know how to fix it in 12 and that imo would be the decent thing to do especially considering that vst 2 is not available in some vst and some developers further updates may not include vst2 versions anymore (eg. Uhe).

I agree they probably will not but it's worth an ask as its not like we are asking for anything new, just that they fix what was always broken in 12.

deeplink
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2024

Popey wrote:
30 Aug 2024
Is that a response you got from rs that you are sharing or your opinion EnochLight?
Sorry to chime here, but I don't recall a previous version of Reason ever being updated once the next version comes out.
I am also not familiar with this happening with any other Software companies either.

Hardware products may see firmware updates to previous versions.

In RS case, there is only one version of the product - the latest one. This allow the small team to focus their efforts.

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2024

deeplink wrote:
30 Aug 2024
Popey wrote:
30 Aug 2024
Sorry to chime here, but I don't recall a previous version of Reason ever being updated once the next version comes out.
I am also not familiar with this happening with any other Software companies either.

In RS case, there is only one version of the product - the latest one. This allow the small team to focus their efforts.
I think it's unlikely but then again it's a bug that has been there throughout 12 and I think usually bugs have been fixed within the life cycle of that version.

If someone is still within the support period from buying r12 less than 12mths ago it would be the right thing to do imo especially as they now know how to fix that one glaring issue.

ksniod

30 Aug 2024

deeplink wrote:
30 Aug 2024

Ableton do.
They released three 11.3.2X versions since the beginning of the year (bugs and compatibility fixes), the latest one has just been dropped.

kurtg

30 Aug 2024

Question, is it possible to exclude directories/drives from indexing ?

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2024

deeplink wrote:
30 Aug 2024
Popey wrote:
30 Aug 2024

It happened once due to mac compatability but only once.

PhillipOrdonez

30 Aug 2024

kurtg wrote:
30 Aug 2024
Question, is it possible to exclude directories/drives from indexing ?
You would have to remove them from the shortcuts/favourite list on the browser

EnochLight

30 Aug 2024

Popey wrote:
30 Aug 2024

I don't think it is too ridiculous a question to them considering there may be r12 customers that are still within a year of purchase so should get support (does it not say perpetual support is one year).

If they have fixed the issue in 13 now then they will know how to fix it in 12 and that imo would be the decent thing to do especially considering that vst 2 is not available in some vst and some developers further updates may not include vst2 versions anymore (eg. Uhe).

I agree they probably will not but it's worth an ask as its not like we are asking for anything new, just that they fix what was always broken in 12.
It's just my opinion, but it's a totally relevant question to ask them - I agree. I'm not saying "tech support" is done on R12, but I seriously doubt any actual software updates will occur in 12, as all development has ended on it (that I do know for a fact).

Billy+

30 Aug 2024

Features, Really ?
- Implemented an Indexing indicator in the Browser
- Changed handling of shortcuts pointing to Dropbox, Google Drive, and other cloud folders
- Remote support for Novation Launchkey MK4 and Launchkey Mini MK4
Was hoping to see a little more but hey I guess progress is progress.

deeplink
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2024

This is typically what you can expect from 13.x.x updates - they're more maintenance than feature related.

The 13.x update are usually 4-6 months apart - which come with more notable feature updates. At least, that's what happened in the past

whitenoise500

30 Aug 2024

Suddenly none of my libraries can be found, and the program only runs after a restart. Thanks for the update

rorystorm

30 Aug 2024

having browser issues and submitted a ticket

---
1. I'm trying to import an impulse response into r7000 and the browser shows a list of the first hundred or so of all my samples, even when I've sorted by Misc Samples/Tonal (which is what I've tagged all the impulse responses). Sample thing happens if I try and import an audio file or a sample into Kong, Mimic etc. I can navigate to specific libraries which I have listed as shortcuts or thru the This PC link, and that shows all the samples in their folders so that's okay. But if I, for example, try and import a bass drum into Kong from All Locations, I just get this same list and not all the samples on my hard drive tagged as Bass Drum, as happened previously. Hope that makes sense?
2. When I have All Locations open, and this list shows up, clicking on Name, Kind or Parent doesn't re-organise the sample list - seems to do nothing. This only works if I've navigated to a specific folder as above.
---

Any ideas? I've deleted the cache but maybe I'm missing something nooby and obvious as Reason doesn't seem to be indexing anything.

CaptainBlack

31 Aug 2024

Still no acknowledging that I might have VSTs I want to use as well. If they're trying to drive me to another DAW, they're doing well.

• Information