(Breakbeat) Wiseman

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2024

Latest from me. A mixture of drum and bass/house and breakbeat. 134bpm

WolfZeit

24 Jul 2024

This would be one of my favourites of tracks you've done.The bass and percussion are lovely. That kick has such power to it.

I like the slightly dark 80s synth arpeggio. I love all the twisted/howling samples going on in the background.

The female vocal works very well. When it comes back after the break is particularly strong.

RTFX

24 Jul 2024

Absolutely love it!
Especially that syncopation between that arp and horn lead right after the break.
Great call and response there!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jul 2024

WolfZeit wrote:
24 Jul 2024
This would be one of my favourites of tracks you've done.The bass and percussion are lovely. That kick has such power to it.

I like the slightly dark 80s synth arpeggio. I love all the twisted/howling samples going on in the background.

The female vocal works very well. When it comes back after the break is particularly strong.
Thanks WolfZeit 👍

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jul 2024

RTFX wrote:
24 Jul 2024
Absolutely love it!
Especially that syncopation between that arp and horn lead right after the break.
Great call and response there!
Thanks RTFX 👍

tomusurp

25 Jul 2024

i always love clicky kicks. mix has a nice clean minimal sound and melodies work well together. break at around 2:00 is very good especially with the extra texture sounds. the drop at 3:00 is best with those new melodies

Superology

25 Jul 2024

I would recommend to stop calling these couple of hits breakbeat...

killhamster

25 Jul 2024

Superology wrote:
25 Jul 2024
This absolutely is a form of breakbeat music though. They're very clean breaks but that doesn't matter in the least.

Pretty good too; I also like the dark synth and managing to make the sync synth work (I can never make them fit into a mix)

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2024

Superology wrote:
25 Jul 2024
I am quite comfortable with calling this breakbeat to be honest as breakbeat to me means a non consistent beat (aka not 4/4).

For me growing up listening to early hip hop, rave, jungle, drum and bass, uk garage etc these are all forms of breakbeat and they differ due to tempo and melodic content. Some have simple breakbeats whilst others are more complex but they all fall under this banner.

That said if you think it is something else that's cool too but for me it is breakbeat due to the drum structure.

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2024

killhamster wrote:
25 Jul 2024
Superology wrote:
25 Jul 2024
This absolutely is a form of breakbeat music though. They're very clean breaks but that doesn't matter in the least.

Pretty good too; I also like the dark synth and managing to make the sync synth work (I can never make them fit into a mix)
Thanks killhamster. 👍

Superology

26 Jul 2024

Popey wrote:
26 Jul 2024
Superology wrote:
25 Jul 2024
I am quite comfortable with calling this breakbeat to be honest as breakbeat to me means a non consistent beat (aka not 4/4).

For me growing up listening to early hip hop, rave, jungle, drum and bass, uk garage etc these are all forms of breakbeat and they differ due to tempo and melodic content. Some have simple breakbeats whilst others are more complex but they all fall under this banner.

That said if you think it is something else that's cool too but for me it is breakbeat due to the drum structure.
That's fine. I don't mind.

• Information