I want a Chord Sequencer update

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
parma

08 Jul 2024

I want one. :puf_wink: I want more chord sets. Gimme. :puf_bigsmile:

I mean, if they're not gonna give us VST MIDI routing so we can use stuff like Scaler, at least beef up your own Player device to compete. Scaler has so, so many more options and chord sets and is cheaper than Chord Sequencer. I know RS isn't big on adding functionality to released devices but this one could easily be updated to include more chord sets without affecting the ones already there. C'mon RS!

Theo.M

08 Jul 2024

I want someone to copy Steinberg in a player or plugin. It's just amazing to me that no one else has been able to do it.
After you create your original chord, Cubendo will only show options that fit musically with it, out of every chord imaginable. Then for the next chord, it will make sure it makes sense to the previous in sequence and so on.
When I am bed bound and stuck on my laptop, creating chords with it is SO easy and just a trackpad click. I'll keep my copy just for that feature then export the midi to Pro Tools.
Reason's is nice, one of the best ones actually vs others of its type, but like *all* the others it is stuck to pre configured sets.
So if anyone is reading, try do Cubase's chord track in a plugin. It was the ultimate chord AI before there ever were any AI plugins.
Those guys must have analysed 100's of thousands of combos to come up with it. I don't know how they do it but every chord offered is in tone/pitch etc with the previous. A real feat of engineering. It feels like cheating and when I am capable to sit in front of my AN1X and play, I never use it, but it's tempting!

So that's what I'd like to see in Reason's Chord Player in an update - intelligent chord detection rather than styles to choose from.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra/64Gb/Apollo T-Bolt 3/OS 14.6.1/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Logic 11.01
MSI GT77/13980HX/RTX 4090m/64GB/Arturia Minifuse 2/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Low DPC latency tuned

huggermugger

08 Jul 2024

ReTouch's ChordSQ comes with a ton of chord sets and chord progressions (including several from Reason's ChordSequencer), extensive control over progression design, variations, and a clever function for generating chord progressions from scratch.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 10.43.10 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 10.43.10 AM.png (630.31 KiB) Viewed 1259 times

MannequinRaces

08 Jul 2024

huggermugger wrote:
08 Jul 2024
ReTouch's ChordSQ comes with a ton of chord sets and chord progressions (including several from Reason's ChordSequencer), extensive control over progression design, variations, and a clever function for generating chord progressions from scratch.
I wasn’t aware of this one. Thanks! Wonder why it only has three stars. Defiantly going to trial this. I haven’t bought or tried chord sequencer because of the price and even though you can add your own chords doesn’t seem like it isn’t as full featured as other plugins.

huggermugger

08 Jul 2024

MannequinRaces wrote:
08 Jul 2024

I wasn’t aware of this one. Thanks! Wonder why it only has three stars. Defiantly going to trial this. I haven’t bought or tried chord sequencer because of the price and even though you can add your own chords doesn’t seem like it isn’t as full featured as other plugins.
The UI is more fiddly than ChordSequencer, which I can understand would get in the way for some users, but the fiddliness is understandable given the much deeper control it offers. Still, the techniques needed to make good basic use of it are easy to pick up. The inversions option is a bonus, as well as other helpful features like half-speed/double-speed, bass-note control per step, etc.

• Information