Reason 13 has arrived: Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 879
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 27 Jun 2024

tewoc wrote:
26 Jun 2024
Did the majority ask for a browser update or a split sequencer or new devices? I think, as this one new Reason 14 poll-thread also shows, that people clearly had other requests.
They wanted e.g. track folders, MPE support, markers or Combinator updates.

What is happening to our beloved Reason, I can't believe it, I can't understand it.

Whats just going on?
Why would people vote for features/updates in the R14 poll that were already implemented in R13? Doesn't seem like a good data source for drawing conclusions if these new features were requested before or not. I for one remember very clearly how users on this forum have been begging for browser tagging and sequencer updates.

User avatar
Marc Swing
Posts: 136
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 27 Jun 2024

Why would people vote for features/updates in the R14 poll that were already implemented in R13? Doesn't seem like a good data source for drawing conclusions if these new features were requested before or not. I for one remember very clearly how users on this forum have been begging for browser tagging and sequencer updates.

Yes, but did we actually get the sequencer updates that the MAJORITY of the users had asked for?
Sure, split view is nice but i haven't recall that the MAJORITY of the users had asked for it?

And sure browser tagging, but a floating browser and taking away future from the old browser? Did the MAJORITY of the users asked for that? Huh?

It's so typical of Reason Studio to ignore what the MAJORITY have wanted for YEARS and just bury their heads in the sand and carry on as they always have.

Do you see the keywords here? ---> The "MAJORITY " <---

There have been numerous of threads and polls on this forum and several comments on Facebook and Instagram of future requests that have been ignored for YEARS that the (one again) MAJORITY has been asked for...

And also Mathias commented when we finally got VST support in Reason (April 28, 2017) that they would look into continuing to develop this and implement support for multi midi and that was SEVERAL YEARS AGO...

What has happened since then? NOTHING as usual...

The same now when they say that "oh we're going to look at bringing back favorites in the device browser"

Sure, we'll see how that goes, shall we? maybe in 7 years or so?

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 603
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2024

Some good news (bug fix) I found: Reason 13 seems to fix a bug in RRP where the wrong fonts would be displayed after deleting the last instance and then creating a new instance. In Reason 12, this required relaunching the host DAW to resolve. It's at least fixed in Cubase on Windows (haven't checked Logic, where I also encountered this before).

User avatar
Theo.M
Posts: 1229
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2024

voiceprint1 wrote:
26 Jun 2024
Can reason 13 run on older Intel macs?

Also does anyone know of a VST that is as good as the Polymode, it sounds fantastic
Sorry, missed a part of your question and now can't edit my post.

Yes, it will run on Intel Macs as long as you are using Mac OS 10.15 or later (Catalina, which is from 2019 so I presume you'd at least be on that).
Mac Studio M2 Ultra/64Gb/Apollo T-Bolt 3/OS 14.5.0/PT 2024/Nuendo 13
MSI GT77/13980HX/RTX 4090m/64GB/Arturia Minifuse 2/Win 11 Pro/S1 V6/Bitwig 5/Low DPC latency tuned

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 11980
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 27 Jun 2024

Marc Swing wrote:
27 Jun 2024
Do you see the keywords here? ---> The "MAJORITY " <---
Honest question: how are you calculating the majority? How many users are you counting in total, vs how many users requesting these features?
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
Theo.M
Posts: 1229
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2024

Marc Swing wrote:
27 Jun 2024
Why would people vote for features/updates in the R14 poll that were already implemented in R13? Doesn't seem like a good data source for drawing conclusions if these new features were requested before or not. I for one remember very clearly how users on this forum have been begging for browser tagging and sequencer updates.

Yes, but did we actually get the sequencer updates that the MAJORITY of the users had asked for?
Sure, split view is nice but i haven't recall that the MAJORITY of the users had asked for it?

And sure browser tagging, but a floating browser and taking away future from the old browser? Did the MAJORITY of the users asked for that? Huh?

This. 100%

The browser structure isn't the issue, it's that it's not able to be docked anymore.

Actually, Reason is now the only mainstream (i.e. well known) DAW that exists with a forced floating browser like this. Pretty crazy!

That in itself should *prove* that Reason Studios are going against what people are used to in 2024.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra/64Gb/Apollo T-Bolt 3/OS 14.5.0/PT 2024/Nuendo 13
MSI GT77/13980HX/RTX 4090m/64GB/Arturia Minifuse 2/Win 11 Pro/S1 V6/Bitwig 5/Low DPC latency tuned

User avatar
Theo.M
Posts: 1229
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2024

selig wrote:
27 Jun 2024
Marc Swing wrote:
27 Jun 2024
Do you see the keywords here? ---> The "MAJORITY " <---
Honest question: how are you calculating the majority? How many users are you counting in total, vs how many users requesting these features?
I think they were just taking a guess from overall forum activity. Personally I have never seen anyone, not even one person, ask for a floating browser and not to be able to dock it anymore, so I would also guess the majority don't like it in that case. Could be wrong, and maybe they had thousands of requests via email for it from people who aren't on the forums, but all we can do is guess to our best knowledge.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra/64Gb/Apollo T-Bolt 3/OS 14.5.0/PT 2024/Nuendo 13
MSI GT77/13980HX/RTX 4090m/64GB/Arturia Minifuse 2/Win 11 Pro/S1 V6/Bitwig 5/Low DPC latency tuned

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 3945
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 27 Jun 2024

I’ll say it again: in order to be able to really tell how many users are on board with a feature request, this forum needs to have a heart or like system for comments 🤷‍♂️

I'd prefer if the browser window wasn't locked to the program window so it could be moved a bit out of the way sometimes. I'm still getting used to the browser, but it's great! Using more patches than ever before.

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 11980
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 27 Jun 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jun 2024
I’ll say it again: in order to be able to really tell how many users are on board with a feature request, this forum needs to have a heart or like system for comments 🤷‍♂️

I'd prefer if the browser window wasn't locked to the program window so it could be moved a bit out of the way sometimes. I'm still getting used to the browser, but it's great! Using more patches than ever before.
I’ll say it again too: the users on this forum are hardly representative of the entire Reason user base. So even if we knew exactly where this forum stood on any issue, it would be a limited point of view only including those folks who participate in this forum.
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
Pepin
Posts: 603
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jun 2024
I’ll say it again: in order to be able to really tell how many users are on board with a feature request, this forum needs to have a heart or like system for comments 🤷‍♂️

I'd prefer if the browser window wasn't locked to the program window so it could be moved a bit out of the way sometimes. I'm still getting used to the browser, but it's great! Using more patches than ever before.
This forum is not reflective of the user base at large, so I'm not sure that system would tell us much. At the very least, I suspect people here are disproportionately biased toward the standalone DAW and perpetual licensing.

I mentioned it in some other thread, but I think RS should follow LUNA's lead and add an integrated feedback system into the Reason app (for both bug reports and feature requests). It could be in the top bar of Reason 13, next to the Help button. This would help funnel feature requests to the same place, where RS is actually looking consistently.

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 11980
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 27 Jun 2024

Theo.M wrote:
27 Jun 2024
selig wrote:
27 Jun 2024
Honest question: how are you calculating the majority? How many users are you counting in total, vs how many users requesting these features?
I think they were just taking a guess from overall forum activity. Personally I have never seen anyone, not even one person, ask for a floating browser and not to be able to dock it anymore, so I would also guess the majority don't like it in that case. Could be wrong, and maybe they had thousands of requests via email for it from people who aren't on the forums, but all we can do is guess to our best knowledge.
OK, agreed - but how many users asked for Ripley, Polytone, or any of the other tools? How many asked for a separate MIDI editor? How many asked for removal of device favorites?
The “majority” of users never asked for any of these things, and yet here we are.
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
Marc Swing
Posts: 136
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 27 Jun 2024

I’ll say it again too: the users on this forum are hardly representative of the entire Reason user base. So even if we knew exactly where this forum stood on any issue, it would be a limited point of view only including those folks who participate in this forum.

Exactly what i mentioned earlier in my post, recurring comments and polls in this forum, facebook and instagram.

Unfortunately I don't have access to Resons Studio's email inbox so yeah ...I can't comment on that but as i said you can read the comments on all their social media (disregard paid influencers or Reason Studio "ambassadors" who will say everything is wonderful and smells like flowers).

Gamano
Posts: 26
Joined: 15 Jan 2020

Post 27 Jun 2024

Does anyone know why I'm not able to changed Quantize from 1/4 to 1/128 here please. I click on the box with 1/4 and nothing happens??
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Marc Swing
Posts: 136
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 27 Jun 2024

OK, agreed - but how many users asked for Ripley, Polytone, or any of the other tools? How many asked for a separate MIDI editor? How many asked for removal of device favorites?
The “majority” of users never asked for any of these things, and yet here we are.
Exactly my point!

Reason Studios continues to ignore what the majority of their users want and just keeps going in the wrong direction which will only result in more and more users getting fed up and leaving and that is not a good future path for this program that i would like to continue using.

But hey, i still like Reason 12 despite all its flaws and i'm far too comfortable with the workflow i've built up over the years in this program so i won't be able to switch DAW so i'll guess i just vote with my wallet instead and don't support them until they actually start listening to their users.

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 3945
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 27 Jun 2024

Gamano wrote:
27 Jun 2024
Does anyone know why I'm not able to changed Quantize from 1/4 to 1/128 here please. I click on the box with 1/4 and nothing happens??
Thanks
You're on slice edit mode. This does works perfectly if you try to move the slices depending on the quantization level you've set.

You do seem to need to deselect the audio clip in order to see the grid lines behind

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 3945
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 27 Jun 2024

selig wrote:
27 Jun 2024
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jun 2024
I’ll say it again: in order to be able to really tell how many users are on board with a feature request, this forum needs to have a heart or like system for comments 🤷‍♂️

I'd prefer if the browser window wasn't locked to the program window so it could be moved a bit out of the way sometimes. I'm still getting used to the browser, but it's great! Using more patches than ever before.
I’ll say it again too: the users on this forum are hardly representative of the entire Reason user base. So even if we knew exactly where this forum stood on any issue, it would be a limited point of view only including those folks who participate in this forum.
Where would you say is the userbase concentrated at, then?

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2982
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 27 Jun 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jun 2024
selig wrote:
27 Jun 2024


I’ll say it again too: the users on this forum are hardly representative of the entire Reason user base. So even if we knew exactly where this forum stood on any issue, it would be a limited point of view only including those folks who participate in this forum.
Where would you say is the userbase concentrated at, then?
If we ever find this out I'm gonna go over there and conduct some psy-ops to bring them onboard with track folders :lol:

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 3945
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 27 Jun 2024

chimp_spanner wrote:
27 Jun 2024
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jun 2024


Where would you say is the userbase concentrated at, then?
If we ever find this out I'm gonna go over there and conduct some psy-ops to bring them onboard with track folders :lol:
😂


If we had hearts or likes here i would have hearted this one and wouldn't have needed to create a reply to it to show my appreciation for it, and thus avoiding adding more unnecessary noise to the thread 😄

Gamano
Posts: 26
Joined: 15 Jan 2020

Post 27 Jun 2024

Gamano wrote: ↑Today
Does anyone know why I'm not able to changed Quantize from 1/4 to 1/128 here please. I click on the box with 1/4 and nothing happens??
Thanks
You're on slice edit mode. This does works perfectly if you try to move the slices depending on the quantization level you've set.

You do seem to need to deselect the audio clip in order to see the grid lines behind
Thanks. I deselected the (edit) 'snap' button and that seemed to 'unfreeze' the Quantize value box (ie it then functioned normally, allowing values to be amended up to 1/64) - whether or not the snap box was subsequently checked. Possibly a bug??

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 3498
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Contest Weiner

Post 27 Jun 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jun 2024
chimp_spanner wrote:
27 Jun 2024


If we ever find this out I'm gonna go over there and conduct some psy-ops to bring them onboard with track folders :lol:
😂


If we had hearts or likes here i would have hearted this one and wouldn't have needed to create a reply to it to show my appreciation for it, and thus avoiding adding more unnecessary noise to the thread 😄
I'm making this reply to totally agree.
Psy-ops & ❤️s 4eva
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

User avatar
Whoopdee
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2024

Anyone else feel like they are having a stroke while navigating through the new browser? They could have at least made it collapsible into the device list area where it used to be. It's not like there weren't 2-3 other ways to create devices.

Really, monochromatic UI? This is torture. I'm looking at a folder right now, seriously, you couldn't make the rex files blue?
Screenshot_3.png
Other gripes, the polyend sounds really good, but what exactly did I spend $200 on? Some plugins and a massacre of an existing UI, hindering my workflow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Whoopdee
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2024

While loading samples into the Kong NN-Nano, of pad 1, when I go to do the same on pad 2, it doesn't leave me on the folder where I was previously, like it used to.

How was this a good decision? You'd think they'd give us more control of these things in the preference pane, but that hasn't change since Reason 5 from what I can remember, other than adding another pane for VST directory path control.

User avatar
Whoopdee
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2024

I'm typing in "Ride" in search, you know, so I can look for ride samples. It just brings up a bunch of folders with ride samples in them, but there is no easy way to cycle through the samples without manually expanding each folder.

Also, this isn't even working most of the time when I click enter, the screen does nothing.

This is horrible, what is going on at "ReasonStudios" ?

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 3945
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 27 Jun 2024

motuscott wrote:
27 Jun 2024
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jun 2024


😂


If we had hearts or likes here i would have hearted this one and wouldn't have needed to create a reply to it to show my appreciation for it, and thus avoiding adding more unnecessary noise to the thread 😄
I'm making this reply to totally agree.
Psy-ops & ❤️s 4eva
And I'm replying to you to show my appreciation for you, motuscott, reason improving psy-ops, and ❤️s

🤗

User avatar
Whoopdee
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2024

I'm on 1/16 note setting but the view and grid is stuck on 1/8 mode. It keeps getting worse ladies & gentlemen.

Update: even when I unlatch the "snap" button, it's still stuck on 1/8 notes.

Update2: It works now, must be a bug unless any of you have any ideas.
Screenshot_4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Facebook [Bot], huggermugger, MuttReason and 21 guests