Announcing Reason 13

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

11 Jun 2024

Aosta wrote:
11 Jun 2024
Well seems we are getting a walkthrough on all the devices, delay anyone? :thumbup:

I really enjoyed the Ripley walkthrough video - also looking forward to the follow-up "advanced" video he mentioned.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Pralijah

11 Jun 2024

That Ripley space delay is the gem of this coming release. I like the experimental side as well as the user friendly layout. This is already a classic Reason device! And wow, that banjo lick is a banger. He really made it sound like sampling an old recording. I will so overuse Ripley on my projects. If not for the delay, so for the coloration section or just the space reverb, And, freeze button, hope it is not plastic, because then will get broken. 😁
Make music shake again!

stratatonic

11 Jun 2024

Aosta wrote:
11 Jun 2024
Well seems we are getting a walkthrough on all the devices, delay anyone? :thumbup:

Brighton Rack, ha ha! :clap: A Brian May Delay.

mimidancer

11 Jun 2024

The Ripley video was great. The comments on YouTube are overwhelmingly positive. I think they are rolling out 13 in a nice way. I enjoy Ryan's videos. That banjo fretless banjo is a beautiful instrument. I give Reason and Rayn an A+ on the last two videos.

PhillipOrdonez

11 Jun 2024

Ripley looks sick

motuscott

11 Jun 2024

Enjoying R13 roll out vids.
That Ryan fella is on a roll, wot wot
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

robussc

11 Jun 2024

mimidancer wrote:
11 Jun 2024
The Ripley video was great. The comments on YouTube are overwhelmingly positive. I think they are rolling out 13 in a nice way. I enjoy Ryan's videos. That banjo fretless banjo is a beautiful instrument. I give Reason and Rayn an A+ on the last two videos.
Yeah, they've been a great pair of videos. Ryan is definitely a huge asset on the Reason marketing side. Informative and fun every time.

Definitely got me more excited to play with R13. (I was mostly excited about no longer having to deal with the damn tool window!)
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

spacepluk

11 Jun 2024

Yeah these videos are peak Ryan 😄

mimidancer

11 Jun 2024

spacepluk wrote:
11 Jun 2024
agree. I like him as the face for reason. He is obviously a skilled musician and a great producer, but he remains approachable.

Yonatan

12 Jun 2024

mimidancer wrote:
11 Jun 2024
spacepluk wrote:
11 Jun 2024
agree. I like him as the face for reason. He is obviously a skilled musician and a great producer, but he remains approachable.
Yes, he is great guy, and he is humble because he knows so much that he knows how much more there is to learn in any field. He is such a good educator and communicator and role model for any musician and producer to stay open, curious and a positive mindset.

Neo

12 Jun 2024

:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Calazzus

12 Jun 2024

Yonatan wrote:
11 Jun 2024
R13 seem to be about some bread and butter breakfast. Adding some basic stuff, filling some gaps left since long.
If they got some very cool device in the cooking, they will probably add it as paid add on for the Reason+ crowd later. No bells and whistles here. The delay unit is welcomed. I like the simplicity of the synth. Stereo tool seem handy, side-chain tool I welcome and better browser and sequencer update. I never paid €199 for upgrade and no chance in the world I would pay full price for an upgrade like this, at least 50% off. If video sync and live-clip type of function, plus the above, then surely would pay full price.
Agreed! And multi MIDI out.

Calazzus

12 Jun 2024

bieh wrote:
11 Jun 2024
EnochLight wrote:
31 May 2024
I bought Omnisphere and promptly returned it for a full refund after spending a solid week with it.
This is refreshing to hear. As someone who already had too many synths as a Reason-only user before Reason VST support, I often hear hype about Omnisphere, but rarely come across any synth that seems to offer anything so different that it justifies buying yet another synth - especially one that costs so much.
My experience is slightly different. I invested heavily in the reason ecosystem. I bought lots of patches and I even tried a few reason extension that had a VST version. The VST versions seem to have more functionality. I wanted film score/movie soundtrack sounds and VST libraries were far superior sound quality wise. I bought the project Sam orchestral reason rack extension and was extremely disappointed because of its limitations. From that point on I started to invest in VSTs and just used the MIDI out device to record the sounds from VSTs before they incorporated VST usage.

Carpainter

12 Jun 2024

bieh wrote:
11 Jun 2024
EnochLight wrote:
31 May 2024
I bought Omnisphere and promptly returned it for a full refund after spending a solid week with it.
This is refreshing to hear. As someone who already had too many synths as a Reason-only user before Reason VST support, I often hear hype about Omnisphere, but rarely come across any synth that seems to offer anything so different that it justifies buying yet another synth - especially one that costs so much.
Omnisphere is a lot like those Kurzweil workstations that everyone drooled over in the '90s. They both have strong synthesis engines, but nobody buys them for their synthesis engines. They buy them for the sample libraries. RS tried to make something along those lines with Scenic, but it went over like a fart in the library because it was too simplified/Reasonified (gimped).

EnochLight

12 Jun 2024

Carpainter wrote:
12 Jun 2024
RS tried to make something along those lines with Scenic, but it went over like a fart in the library because it was too simplified/Reasonified (gimped).
I never once considered Scenic even a mild attempt at trying to make something comparable to Omnisphere. If you want to compare anything in Reason to Omnisphere, it would be Reason's Combinator library - which is the only thing that covers anything even close IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

QVprod

12 Jun 2024

EnochLight wrote:
12 Jun 2024
Carpainter wrote:
12 Jun 2024
RS tried to make something along those lines with Scenic, but it went over like a fart in the library because it was too simplified/Reasonified (gimped).
I never once considered Scenic even a mild attempt at trying to make something comparable to Omnisphere. If you want to compare anything in Reason to Omnisphere, it would be Reason's Combinator library - which is the only thing that covers anything even close IMHO.
Agreed, Omnisphere is better compared to the entirety of Reason rather than any one synth.

Pepin

12 Jun 2024

Scenic can definitely compete with Omnisphere when it comes to number of UI tabs ;)

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

13 Jun 2024

Calazzus wrote:
12 Jun 2024
If you mean sending MIDI Clock out on multiple ports, that's actually added in Reason 13. :geek:

tewoc

13 Jun 2024

MattiasHG wrote:
13 Jun 2024
Calazzus wrote:
12 Jun 2024
If you mean sending MIDI Clock out on multiple ports, that's actually added in Reason 13. :geek:
That so great, AWESOME, thank you! Now pleasy add folders / orga stuff and better color track management and a cheap looper inside the sequencer and reason is the ultimate DAW.

Loque

13 Jun 2024

tewoc wrote:
13 Jun 2024
MattiasHG wrote:
13 Jun 2024

That so great, AWESOME, thank you! Now pleasy add folders / orga stuff and better color track management and a cheap looper inside the sequencer and reason is the ultimate DAW.
If RS adds a cheap looper, ppl would complain about a half-arsed-cheap-looper... Better to do it right with potential for improving or leave it alone...
Reason12, Win10

spacepluk

13 Jun 2024

Vil
RE Developer

13 Jun 2024

I just saw the video about the new browser and sequencer features.

They are really awesome for me!

I hope, in the future there will be more metadata in the browser for filtering and/or sorting. (but maybe we just didn't see everything in the video, like creation date... )

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

13 Jun 2024

Vil wrote:
13 Jun 2024
I hope, in the future there will be more metadata in the browser for filtering and/or sorting. (but maybe we just didn't see everything in the video, like creation date... )
That's the plan, we want to include more stuff in the future and the browser and database architecture are built to be expandable. :)

Billy+

13 Jun 2024

That's all looking very nice, there is one thing straight away that I would have liked to have seen in the midi edit mode -

an export function for just that clip or a selection of clips. ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2024

MattiasHG wrote:
13 Jun 2024
Any plans to add the favorite list function for devices back?
That's kind of dealbreaker for me here.
Polytone and Ripley, both look like really fun devices. But I just can't let go of my favorite list workflow.

• Information