Notes in sequencer clip, sizes...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marc64

05 Mar 2024

Noticed something today, might be nothing to care about and done deliberately but why is the notes in a clip larger when there is one note in a clip and smaller and smaller depending on how many notes there is in a clip.
It's visible more when you extend the sequencer with ctrl+mousewheel :)

Image attached for visual.
notelanesizes.png
notelanesizes.png (1.83 KiB) Viewed 450 times

selig
RE Developer

05 Mar 2024

I think the single note size is the default, and as you add more notes it just shrinks to fit so that no notes are excluded.
As to why, I guess it would possibly be that the alternative was somehow worse.
That makes sense to me, that you'd want to prioritize seeing all recorded note data when viewing clips together.

I just checked to be sure: If you delete all but one note on the clip on the left, the remaining note would be the same size as the one on the right.
Selig Audio, LLC

mimidancer

07 Mar 2024

It reminds me of when I gave my nephew a cookie and his response was I want two. So I broke the cookie into two pieces and gave it back to him. His response was thank you.

BRIGGS

07 Mar 2024

mimidancer wrote:
07 Mar 2024
It reminds me of when I gave my nephew a cookie and his response was I want two. So I broke the cookie into two pieces and gave it back to him. His response was thank you.
:lol:
r11s

• Information