Assuming there's going be one, what you think is coming in Reason 13?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
polysix
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Post 05 Jan 2024

selig wrote:
05 Jan 2024
[Quick reminder what the OP asked for specifically in this thread:]

What you think Reason 13 will have?

Notice, I'm not asking what you'd like to see!

I'm asking what you expect RS will do?
ohhh..sorry..

Loz84
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Dec 2023

Post 06 Jan 2024

Honestly I'm drawing a blank, sure there are things that can be better I guess but I can't think of anything actually new that reason doesn't already have in some way shape or form that would warrant resources, at least nothing that wouldn't be implemented with a standard update, like with VST3.
I'm gonna say retrospective record, that would be a real quality of life feature and I'm sure RS are aware. They might have made a new reverb but of course they know we all have our favs already.
Ultimately, device wise, they would offer something new if it was original and fit with the reason ecosystem, but for the life of me I couldn't imagine what that could be. I certainly never saw Objekt coming, despite Kong and Friktion.
Whatever comes next I'm sure it'll be of a benefit to Reason plugin users as well, which would be smart.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1134
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 08 Jan 2024

Bes wrote:
04 Jan 2024
i keep thinking of interesting uses for the tutorial screen, the one that pulls in from the rightmost edge...
I forgot it's there, because it's the 1st thing I hide whenever I install Reason, to claim back some screen realestate (the option is up there in one of the drop-down menus).

To be useful it should be interactive, like Bitwig's help - it could give info about the device in focus & info about how its routed (as per your suggestion; Bitwig has that in Inspector Panel already):

Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2549
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 10 Jan 2024

antic604 wrote:
08 Jan 2024
Bes wrote:
04 Jan 2024
i keep thinking of interesting uses for the tutorial screen, the one that pulls in from the rightmost edge...
I forgot it's there, because it's the 1st thing I hide whenever I install Reason, to claim back some screen realestate (the option is up there in one of the drop-down menus).

To be useful it should be interactive, like Bitwig's help - it could give info about the device in focus & info about how its routed (as per your suggestion; Bitwig has that in Inspector Panel already):

Yeah I never liked that tutorial bar

I've been using some video software and there are little question marks next to parameters you can click on which explain the parameter

I would love it if I could click on a parameter or even a device and have it open up the appropriate page in the manual but I'm not sure how difficult that would be

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 789
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 11 Jan 2024

Reason rack devices have "Remote override edit mode". May be good option to enable "Controls Help" mode like a visual layer, that show parameters names and description in the same way.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3044
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 24 Jan 2024

Given that there's been no update of the roadmap it might be that currently there's no big shiny feature in development which could be shared, but instead they could actually be working on modernising/porting the existing devices to (a possibly) updated version of the RE SDK. And if they do they might as well work on fixing some of the annoying things.

avasopht
Competition Winner
Posts: 3947
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Jan 2024

jam-s wrote:
24 Jan 2024
Given that there's been no update of the roadmap it might be that currently there's no big shiny feature in development which could be shared, but instead they could actually be working on modernising/porting the existing devices to (a possibly) updated version of the RE SDK. And if they do they might as well work on fixing some of the annoying things.
Or they're busy working around the clock to make everything intentionally worse.

Bes
Competition Winner
Posts: 1129
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 24 Jan 2024

i hope they aren't working around the clock. actually, i hope they are all really enjoying life. maybe even making some cool music
- Certified Reason expert

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3829
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 24 Jan 2024

Really enjoying life = sell the company, retire, enjoy life making cool beats on your sailboat around the clock.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1134
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 26 Jan 2024

bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Jan 2024
Really enjoying life = sell the company, retire, enjoy life making cool beats on your sailboat around the clock.
...in Ableton Live, most likely :D
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3829
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jan 2024

antic604 wrote:
26 Jan 2024
bxbrkrz wrote:
24 Jan 2024
Really enjoying life = sell the company, retire, enjoy life making cool beats on your sailboat around the clock.
...in Ableton Live, most likely :D
Maybe :puf_smile:
Image
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 2533
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 26 Jan 2024

bxbrkrz wrote:
26 Jan 2024
antic604 wrote:
26 Jan 2024


...in Ableton Live, most likely :D
Maybe :puf_smile:
Image
That sure is an interesting keyboard. AI ftw :lol:

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1400
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 26 Jan 2024

Can’t wait till this AI generated image fad plays out.

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 2399
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jan 2024

Jackjackdaw wrote:
26 Jan 2024
Can’t wait till this AI generated image fad plays out.
Same, but I'm not hopeful. I reckon AI-generated images are going to be boring the shit out of us for generations to come

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 2533
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 26 Jan 2024

AI images are here to stay. They'll just be much harder to spot in the future...

avasopht
Competition Winner
Posts: 3947
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jan 2024

Jackjackdaw wrote:
26 Jan 2024
Can’t wait till this AI generated image fad plays out.
They're only going to get better (or worse depending on your point of view ;) ).

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3829
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jan 2024

DaveyG wrote:
26 Jan 2024
bxbrkrz wrote:
26 Jan 2024

Maybe :puf_smile:
Image
That sure is an interesting keyboard. AI ftw :lol:
As long as AI can't visualize a perfect keyboard yet, we humans should be happy, as Perfection is a standing, motionless state of Hell :puf_smile:

Not a fad. An acceleration.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 1400
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 27 Jan 2024

The fad aspect is people being excited by it. Of course every cheap ass marketing company is going to use this stuff forever more rather than pay an illustrator. And of course it will get ‘better’ but I wager it will always look a bit shit and people will more and more seek out images created by humans.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3044
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 27 Jan 2024

Jackjackdaw wrote:
27 Jan 2024
The fad aspect is people being excited by it. Of course every cheap ass marketing company is going to use this stuff forever more rather than pay an illustrator. And of course it will get ‘better’ but I wager it will always look a bit shit and people will more and more seek out images created by humans.
I wouldn't bet on this, as on the one hand the human who is employing the AI can simply re-roll the dice until a pretty convincing image is generated and then do some manual touch up on it later on. Depending on the skill of the illustrator using the AI as a generator for raw material the finished product could be just as good or even better than an illustration that is 100% non-AI.

tewoc
Posts: 13
Joined: 16 Jan 2024

Post 27 Jan 2024

Back to Topic please, this is kitchen talk.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3044
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 27 Jan 2024

tewoc wrote:
27 Jan 2024
Back to Topic please, this is kitchen talk.
All of this thread here is just wild speculation and thus basically kitchen talk, imho.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1134
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 27 Jan 2024

jam-s wrote:
27 Jan 2024
tewoc wrote:
27 Jan 2024
Back to Topic please, this is kitchen talk.
All of this thread here is just wild speculation and thus basically kitchen talk, imho.
Kitchen Talk is everything not related to Reason, or even music.

I don't see how you can classify this topic as such.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3044
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 27 Jan 2024

Well, then back to speculating: Reworking lost of the legacy devices would be a really surprising move, but that might just make it a very nice and even possible guess what could come in R13.

User avatar
jfrichards
Posts: 1306
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Post 28 Jan 2024

What I need is each synth to have a 1/3 height view which has compact versions of the main control boxes currently in the full versions. This will allow me to work much faster, not having to switch between the full and name view a hundred times per song edit. The 1/3 view could also have a little box for EQ adjustment. When I have more than two synths in a song, synth and EQ adjustments become way longer than they need to be.

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 2533
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 28 Jan 2024

jfrichards wrote:
28 Jan 2024
What I need is each synth to have a 1/3 height view which has compact versions of the main control boxes currently in the full versions. This will allow me to work much faster, not having to switch between the full and name view a hundred times per song edit. The 1/3 view could also have a little box for EQ adjustment. When I have more than two synths in a song, synth and EQ adjustments become way longer than they need to be.
Excellent idea. How about being able to right-click any control on the RE and promote that control to the super-compact top bar? A max of 4 or 5 controls would meet most needs.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: juhani and 20 guests