So is this indicative of the quality of what will be on Discover?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote: Just sitting here waiting for your Michelin 3-star songs to be served.
Where have I stated that I would be making an extraordinary, or 'Michelin 3-star' song? Your patronizing tone does not foster a harmonious forum community. And I haven't seen your hand shoot up in the air as an entrant, John.

A 'Challenge', as evidenced by previous PUF affairs, would be inclusive of a few dozen people, at the least. Why would I waste my time when nobody has risen to the suggestion? Working on my initial comments, Mattias' entry does not qualify. If we need to redefine the rules then let's do so.

Nah fuck it, why I am I bothering? People only get into the spirit if there's a high valued booty at the end of the rainbow. It's greed rather than creative urge that drives a challenge.
My Words are my ART

Yorick

23 Jan 2015

MattiasHG wrote:Challenge accepted: http://phead.mu/s/EqN3P1Z7

:shock:   :crazy:   :thumbup:

Ok well done sir. Well played, well played.

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

My Words are my ART

Yorick

23 Jan 2015

Theo.M wrote:
Edit : PS I am curious what you meant by sticking the sample through a bunch of NSL patches.. that's not the sort of song I am creating at all..
Namahs Amrak wrote:
My point was, not personal to you, but to really push the boundaries, we could stay restricted to
Namahs Amrak wrote:just
Namahs Amrak wrote: the sample, and nothing else. Yorick mentioned in the old forum that he created an entire song with just one instrument. It was the showcase instrument for the challenge, and although the rules did not require him to do so, he took it on board as his own personal challenge, and the end result was pretty good.

With that whistle, all sorts of things can be done, without introducing other instruments. Try slicing a small segment out of it, and dropping it by 48 semitones, then applying a Scream patch. Take another slice, time stretch the shit out of it, then lay that clip over three tracks, a 1st, 3rd and a 5th (or whatever), to make droning chords. All sorts of things can be done to the original TAKE.

So what I was inferring, if we have no limitations on what devices to use, whether it be instruments or after-market FX, I *could* throw it into one of Jeremy's patches, and make 'instamusic'. Those patches all use native devices. Complex, to be sure, and nothing I could ever design, but they are still there. Have you ever browsed to the 'Chipify' patch in Reason ? I could put Bohemian Rhapsody through that patch, or a recording of an armpit fart, and it would sound the same.

Hence why I am asking, what would be the 'rules' ? Where do we draw the line? Not that it matters, because the armchair critics will prefer to mock us instead of participating, and I'm not going top spend 10 hours crafting a song if there's no communal spirit in the proposition.

And Mister Richards.. Touche, a well played retort. I had wondered if you read my comment earlier.
Great idea man.

Yeah this was the track, the only instrument was the Bring the Boom RE

But the contest allowed other instruments, I just wanted to limit myself to only the Boom as a sound generator, no other synths or beats or samples etc.

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

That's the one ! Good job. And coincidentally, one minute long, and using only one source.

I have nothing to fear but Yorick himself.

What?

Its 3am and Im going to bed. Sweet dreams, cowgirls.
My Words are my ART

LudvigC
Reason Studios

23 Jan 2015

OK, here's what I heard in that whistle:

http://phead.mu/s/zeZUCR5p

No masterpiece but it's interesting to see what can happen in an hour if you get inspired. Excuses: Headphones, laptop in lap, onscreen keyboard and stock Reason devices only.

Yorick

23 Jan 2015

LudvigC wrote:OK, here's what I heard in that whistle:

No masterpiece but it's interesting to see what can happen in an hour if you get inspired. Excuses: Headphones, laptop in lap, onscreen keyboard and stock Reason devices only.
Man between you and Mattias I'm dying. That's awesomely hilarious.
Ok touche... Point well taken. That's fantastic. :t2018:

zeebot

23 Jan 2015

Yorick wrote:So is this indicative of the quality of what will be on Discover?

http://phead.mu/s/W8e6xNOB

Wonderful reworking of John Cage's original piece!! Rewind selecta!!!
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

JNeffLind

23 Jan 2015

MattiasHG wrote:Challenge accepted: http://phead.mu/s/EqN3P1Z7
Shit just got real...

:s0230:

zeebot

23 Jan 2015

Well, was just browsing 'latest drops'...

http://phead.mu/s/ijm2J8h7

This is why this shit is not going to work...opening up this service to everyone for free means a shitpile of this kind of stuff. 

They really are crap.

jfrichards

23 Jan 2015

zeebot wrote:Well, was just browsing 'latest drops'...

This is why this shit is not going to work...opening up this service to everyone for free means a shitpile of this kind of stuff. 
Hmmm, I thought Disco Hannah was kinda cool.

CharlyCharlzz

23 Jan 2015

zeebot wrote:Well, was just browsing 'latest drops'...

Props should erased these up (at least from there own page) ,

I am going to make Loops for discover and Go over a beat :

hey hey word up , 4sho , charlycharlzz in the hizool haahhaha yheaaaaaa , that 's right yo i sell on e-bay some refills yoyoyo , done this loop with synth1 rocking the house yheaaaaaa , who léikes graphics , catch my sister on www.noobs .com and enter the code coupon noob to get a discount haha yheaaa !
(with cheap drum loops behind off course)

yhea the stuff props never imagined is happening , they will have to lissen to all the loops from now on?!?!
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

craven

23 Jan 2015

LudvigC wrote:OK, here's what I heard in that whistle:

I like it! The whistle is still not so nice, but it was a nice inspiration, I guess :)
Another good example that music does not have to be polished and does not need the latest plugins etc.
:ugeek:

Jagwah

23 Jan 2015

It's actually kind of cool when everyone takes on the same sample.

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

Jagwah wrote:It's actually kind of cool when everyone takes on the same sample.
In this instance, the only people doing so are Propellerhead staff. How convenient, considering the launch of Discover was only two days ago.

Thank you so much, from our friends at Propellerhead. I'm Done with this joke of a thread.
My Words are my ART

Lunesis

23 Jan 2015

I'd say it turned out pretty good actually.  :s0826:

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

And here I wad expecting the love fest for Propellerhead to be reduced.

Its clear that NOBODY for the COMMUNITY has the ability to be creative when there are strict parameter set.
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

That company make me sick.
My Words are my ART

Lunesis

23 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:And here I wad expecting the love fest for Propellerhead to be reduced. Its clear that NOBODY for the COMMUNITY has the ability to be creative when there are strict parameter set.
It is clear to me that we don't need you antagonizing the entire community. Sorry.

Yorick

23 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:And here I wad expecting the love fest for Propellerhead to be reduced. Its clear that NOBODY for the COMMUNITY has the ability to be creative when there are strict parameter set.
Hey! Go easy man. I'm up for it, I've been slammed today, 'tis all. :-)

I like the challenge. I have to prioritize paying gigs though bro!

zeebot

23 Jan 2015

So I'm guessing we found the reason why the forums were shut down.
Whatever props resources and staff oversaw the monitoring and slight moderation will now be on Discover duty sifting out all the morons that downloaded Take and thought it would be great to fart into their phone to a generic hip hop beat.

They really are crap.

Yorick

23 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:That company make me sick.
Mattias isn't Propellerhead though. He's just an employee, and also a musician with feelings and creativity and skills.
Let's not take out everything on the poor guy, for all we know he was as bummed as everyone else that the forum went down. It's not like Props is a democracy right?

FrankJaeger

23 Jan 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:Could just be a mental note that means more to the user than to us.
Then why the H-E double hockey sticks did he/she upload it?  :?
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

FrankJaeger

23 Jan 2015

Yorick wrote:So is this indicative of the quality of what will be on Discover?

http://phead.mu/s/W8e6xNOB

jfrichards wrote:
For years, I have been using a Sony ICD-PX820 for precisely musical note-taking.  I got it after years of coming up with song ideas and lyrics and forgetting them one or two days later.  Take and Discover are perfect for doing this.  I'm jealous that all you guys have perfect musical memories.  And even more that you all have such quiet lives that nothing distracts you from working on songs, like work, family, sleep, world events, etc.  I have hundreds if not thousands of little clips like this on my Sony.
I understand taking a quick note of an idea but if he did it from his phone he could have just as easily used "voice memo" or something similar without the need to upload it. If it was done in Reason then he probably needs to come up with a new hobby. If he's a troll then well, that's to be expected with things like this.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

jfrichards

23 Jan 2015

FrankJaeger wrote:...
I understand taking a quick note of an idea but if he did it from his phone he could have just as easily used "voice memo" or something similar without the need to upload it. If it was done in Reason then he probably needs to come up with a new hobby. If he's a troll then well, that's to be expected with things like this.
There are numerous plausible reasons why that whistling is there.  He/she could have been doing a quick check of how the whole upload/download between softwares goes, or to see how long it takes in his/her location at the time, or to see the quality when not paying attention to it, or pulling over and whistling a dramatic centerpiece of a piece that's stuck in his/her mind, or because apparently, you can't delete your uploads yet, or because he/she doesn't know you can set a clip to private, or because he/she woke up in the middle of the night with a melodic idea and had to get it down quick and just hit the record button, or because he/she is not as smart as all the experts on this forum.

• Information