"Black Friday Week" sales have begun in the Reason shop!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dusan.cani
Posts: 453
Joined: 16 Oct 2018
Location: Slovakia

Post 20 Nov 2023

Regarding the users of R11 and below...to avoid that stupid login popup everytime when Reason starts I haven't purchased any new RE after the date of offline authorization removal. I have also backup of my whole RE folder. Question is, if the download of the new RE will rewritte my offline licenses permanently, or is it possible again to switch back by deleting the actual upgraded RE folder and placing the old backup RE folder without new REs instead so no login popup state would be preserved ?

I want to be able to switch between old RE state (no annoying login popup) and actual RE state with new REs.

Imaginary191
Competition Winner
Posts: 32
Joined: 22 Apr 2019

Post 20 Nov 2023

Can confirm, Reward Voucher can be applied when buying multiple items from rewards page. Added to cart Rob Papen Quad, Expanse, VK-2 (35+9+9=$53), applied $50 Voucher, paid $3 overall.

tanni
Posts: 209
Joined: 19 Jul 2015

Post 20 Nov 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
20 Nov 2023
......

I want to be able to switch between old RE state (no annoying login popup) and actual RE state with new REs.
I think this is not possible on the same PC/computer because there is only one RE folder that the different Reason versions share. Under these circumstances you can no longer buy a new RE without running into a problem.
The alternative is to think more about buying Vsti. ;)

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 10839
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Nov 2023

Pretty predictable for what might top the list for what's currently popular in the shop:

popular right now.png

Also, don't overlook Strive and Tribute by Speo which are also on sale for $9 each.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ve-filter/
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 10839
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Nov 2023

tanni wrote:
20 Nov 2023
dusan.cani wrote:
20 Nov 2023
......

I want to be able to switch between old RE state (no annoying login popup) and actual RE state with new REs.
I think this is not possible on the same PC/computer because there is only one RE folder that the different Reason versions share. Under these circumstances you can no longer buy a new RE without running into a problem.
The alternative is to think more about buying Vsti. ;)
Or upgrade to R12 and no longer have a login pop-up when using online authentication and be able to authorize Reason on up to 3 computers for offline use. Or buy REs now if the deal is worth it, knowing that you'll upgrade at some point...

User avatar
MarkTarlton
Posts: 791
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Post 20 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
20 Nov 2023
Pretty predictable for what might top the list for what's currently popular in the shop:


popular right now.png


Also, don't overlook Strive and Tribute by Speo which are also on sale for $9 each.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ve-filter/
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
I thought I was going to escape buying anything, those blamsoft synths are a steal! Haven't bought an RE in ages...

User avatar
Hazel
Posts: 73
Joined: 29 Sep 2016

Post 20 Nov 2023

I'm broke right now, but 9 for expanse seems like a steal. I remember trialing that and entering the song competition for it back when. I didn't have nearly enough time to really learn it fully, as there is a lot to that thing, but it seemed very powerful. I have Vk-1 already, but never really used it much to be honest, so not sure I'd be into Vk-2 or not. I don't know really anything about Zero.

User avatar
o_imseng
Posts: 23
Joined: 29 Sep 2016

Post 20 Nov 2023

Another question. I have tons of rewards vouchers I never use. Can these be activated and then used by someone else?
If so I'd be open to part with them since i never use them anyway. I have 105 rewards points if anyone has interest.

User avatar
Hazel
Posts: 73
Joined: 29 Sep 2016

Post 20 Nov 2023

o_imseng wrote:
20 Nov 2023
Another question. I have tons of rewards vouchers I never use. Can these be activated and then used by someone else?
If so I'd be open to part with them since i never use them anyway. I have 105 rewards points if anyone has interest.
Somehow I really doubt they allow transfer of those, but there is some decent stuff in the rewards section. I'd probably use those in a hot second. ha

User avatar
arnigretar
Posts: 452
Joined: 15 May 2020
Location: Iceland

Post 20 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
20 Nov 2023
Pretty predictable for what might top the list for what's currently popular in the shop:


popular right now.png


Also, don't overlook Strive and Tribute by Speo which are also on sale for $9 each.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ve-filter/
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
Those are the most crazy prices I have seen. People who ain't on the train go jump on it NOW! :D
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 2023
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: Close to the Edge

Post 20 Nov 2023

I already had Expanse, Viking-2 and Zero, bought them at full price as they are definitely worth it. At the current sale, you'll be crazy to not pick them up if you don't have them yet :thumbup:

I went through my wishlist of basically “nice to have” goodies, and picked up Delta and AutoLatch, and C1-L1, Multiband Limiter and Yvoks from Red Rock. To round it off nicely, I grabbed Mercury-4 arpegiator. So, I'm done for this BF-round :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Abstrax
Posts: 171
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 20 Nov 2023

i impulse bought tribute for $9 during a prior sale, and it has since become one of my favorite filters. I barely ever even use the synth part of it. it's a powerful creative filter for me. not only does it have super steep, normal filters, it's got a bunch of fun creative ones. the spread knob is where it really shines! and on top of that there's a dry/wet knob.
im not really the type to advocate for buying shit just because you can, but thats a fun one for sure

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 1168
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 20 Nov 2023

oy!

today is the day.
i shall buy something.

:thumbup:

today i will get my monhtly zie moneyz
and after paying bills and so on...
i will buy some REs and perhaps yearly subscription to reason+ for 50% OFF

i am also all hot for UNDRGRND Sound's offers for this BF2023
quite a lot of stuff for quite big discounts

i will report what will i buy

if any one can recommend some good and decent mega vocal pack please do not hesistate to write ;)
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 10839
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2023

Abstrax wrote:
20 Nov 2023
i impulse bought tribute for $9 during a prior sale, and it has since become one of my favorite filters. I barely ever even use the synth part of it. it's a powerful creative filter for me. not only does it have super steep, normal filters, it's got a bunch of fun creative ones. the spread knob is where it really shines! and on top of that there's a dry/wet knob.
im not really the type to advocate for buying shit just because you can, but thats a fun one for sure
Yeah those Tribute filters are great 👍
Have you checked out Strive? That's also by Speo and is a very creative filter.

Ghostrunner
Posts: 12
Joined: 17 Dec 2020

Post 21 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
20 Nov 2023
tanni wrote:
20 Nov 2023


I think this is not possible on the same PC/computer because there is only one RE folder that the different Reason versions share. Under these circumstances you can no longer buy a new RE without running into a problem.
The alternative is to think more about buying Vsti. ;)
Or upgrade to R12 and no longer have a login pop-up when using online authentication and be able to authorize Reason on up to 3 computers for offline use. Or buy REs now if the deal is worth it, knowing that you'll upgrade at some point...
So if I buy any RE now and install it via Authorizer (which still works for me, I don't have the Companion), it will break my offline authorization (reason 10 here) permanently? Am I understanding this correctly?

User avatar
mcatalao
Competition Winner
Posts: 1782
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
20 Nov 2023
To stay in budget I have to choose:

- Do I get Friktion Modeled Strings -- EUR 54,00 -- though I already have Objekt Modeling Synthesizer?

(...)
Friktion and Objekt are different things. Friktion emulates frictioned string instruments, like violins and cellos, though it's a pretty versatile instruments, with good results on wind's and plucked strings.

Object, though also a phisical emulation, has more plucked and percussive purpose.

You can make plucks with friktion and try to make long sound instruments with object, but these are not "normal" usage. So i'd get both. As a matter of fact, i have both and use them a lot but they are not interchangeable, i don't think object will do a natural violin and Friktion, though it might be able to mimic a drum it is limited at that task imho.

User avatar
luckygreen
Posts: 73
Joined: 24 Jul 2023
Location: Germany

Post 21 Nov 2023

mcatalao wrote:
21 Nov 2023
luckygreen wrote:
20 Nov 2023
To stay in budget I have to choose:

- Do I get Friktion Modeled Strings -- EUR 54,00 -- though I already have Objekt Modeling Synthesizer?

(...)
Friktion and Objekt are different things. Friktion emulates frictioned string instruments, like violins and cellos, though it's a pretty versatile instruments, with good results on wind's and plucked strings.

Object, though also a phisical emulation, has more plucked and percussive purpose.

You can make plucks with friktion and try to make long sound instruments with object, but these are not "normal" usage. So i'd get both. As a matter of fact, i have both and use them a lot but they are not interchangeable, i don't think object will do a natural violin and Friktion, though it might be able to mimic a drum it is limited at that task imho.
Thanks for your advice. I expected that. RS seperated the two by their feature set / parameter set although both share the same synthesis technique. From RS point of view it is best to sell both instead of just one. :puf_smile:

I'll demo Friktion soon. I already know I will be tempted. That orange-blue GUI looks funky tho. :shock:
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 936
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 21 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
21 Nov 2023
I'll demo Friktion soon. I already know I will be tempted. That orange-blue GUI looks funky tho. :shock:
...and if demo won't convince you enough, check this:

Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

dusan.cani
Posts: 453
Joined: 16 Oct 2018
Location: Slovakia

Post 21 Nov 2023

Ghostrunner wrote:
21 Nov 2023

So if I buy any RE now and install it via Authorizer (which still works for me, I don't have the Companion), it will break my offline authorization (reason 10 here) permanently? Am I understanding this correctly?
Make backup of the whole RE folder. But the question is, if replacing new/actual RE folder with old backup RE folder is enough to preserve the RE state without login pop-up (and without any new RE which you've purchased after the offline authorization removal).

User avatar
luckygreen
Posts: 73
Joined: 24 Jul 2023
Location: Germany

Post 21 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2023
luckygreen wrote:
21 Nov 2023
I'll demo Friktion soon. I already know I will be tempted. That orange-blue GUI looks funky tho. :shock:
...and if demo won't convince you enough, check this:

.. I .. Want .. It ..

Seriously, played with it: I like it a lot. In many ways Friktion makes things easier than Objekt. Friktion is the more approachable of the two, maybe with less sound sculpting features. Both have the same sound flavour, obviously. But now that I have a feeling for both of them I have to say: I like them both. They do things differently.

Now that I see want Friktion can do, I would see me waiting for a sale on Objekt, if I would not already own it (was a reward, payed only EUR 59,00), Because a lot of what Objekt can do can be done with Friktion as well. I'd say Objekt can go deeper, so paying for Objekt makes sense for those that are really into physical modeling. Otherwise, stay with Friktion and make some cool sounds / music with it. Chances are that Objekt does not add much in your particular case, if you are no physical modeling geek.

Alrigtht .. there goes another EUR 54,00 for Friktion ... :D
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

User avatar
Arpeg
Competition Winner
Posts: 182
Joined: 31 Oct 2021

Post 21 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
20 Nov 2023
To stay in budget I have to choose:

- Do I get Friktion Modeled Strings -- EUR 54,00 -- though I already have Objekt Modeling Synthesizer?

- Do I get BV-X Multimode Vocoder -- EUR 54,00 -- though I already have Rob Papen Rocoder (VST)?

- Does Robotic Bean Sequences -- EUR 32,00 -- add anything or does it better than my Lectric Panda Kompulsion?
Sequences.

There is so much to the device to explain that it is best to show Robotic Bean's 10 Quick Tip Video Playlist which is great :


Abstrax
Posts: 171
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Yeah those Tribute filters are great 👍
Have you checked out Strive? That's also by Speo and is a very creative filter.
yea i gave it a very light look over because i didn't wanna be tempted lol

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 2330
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 21 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Abstrax wrote:
20 Nov 2023
i impulse bought tribute for $9 during a prior sale, and it has since become one of my favorite filters. I barely ever even use the synth part of it. it's a powerful creative filter for me. not only does it have super steep, normal filters, it's got a bunch of fun creative ones. the spread knob is where it really shines! and on top of that there's a dry/wet knob.
im not really the type to advocate for buying shit just because you can, but thats a fun one for sure
Yeah those Tribute filters are great 👍
Have you checked out Strive? That's also by Speo and is a very creative filter.
I'm interested in Tribute and Strive - if I get Tribute, do I basically have Strive in the filter section, or is Strive a whole different beast?

Mataya
Posts: 483
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 21 Nov 2023

A whole different beast.

Both are great.

M

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 2277
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: NSW, Australia

Post 22 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
19 Nov 2023
Whoa!! Every individual RE by Blamsoft is on sale for $9!

That includes Expanse, VK-2, Zero, etc.
I have a lot of the Blamsoft RE's but I don't have Expanse or VK-2.

Will grab both but feel kind of guilty buying them for just $9 US! :|

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: EnochLight, OldSchoolSkunk and 58 guests