So is this indicative of the quality of what will be on Discover?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Yorick

23 Jan 2015

So is this indicative of the quality of what will be on Discover?

http://phead.mu/s/W8e6xNOB

Progtronic

23 Jan 2015

:s0959:

Exowildebeest

23 Jan 2015

That's better than most stuff ;)

Could just be a mental note that means more to the user than to us.

stratatonic

23 Jan 2015

Calling New York, San Fransisco....Work your Magic, boys.

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

Hang on, didn't one of 'Team Propellerhead' get onto the PUF praising the virtues of low quality recordings, citing name artists who used lo-fi material? At the time, it sounded like a convenient excuse for promoting a poor quality audio cloud service. I mean sure, we can turn lacklustre stuff into magic from time to time, but it's not something to strive for or celebrate.
My Words are my ART

Emerton

23 Jan 2015

There's always:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (7.15 KiB) Viewed 2642 times

Last Alternative

23 Jan 2015

Whatchu talkin bout, Willis? Vocal chop that shit up and turn it into some Skrillex type shit. That dope ass whistle melody has some hardcore potential. I just might sample that shit, homie! Or it could be the start of a beautiful love ballad :s0225:
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Last Alternative

23 Jan 2015

The name is just epic. "My Song" HA he can't even whistle right.
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

Let's make a challenge.... a one minute song using ONLY that sample, and using ONLY stock devices in Reason 7 (and err, 8... which has no new native devices?)

My Words are my ART

Last Alternative

23 Jan 2015

Reason development was put to the side for that. Priceless. :thumbup:

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

C'mon LA, let's start a 'whistle battle' !
My Words are my ART

jfrichards

23 Jan 2015

Yorick wrote:So is this indicative of the quality of what will be on Discover?

For years, I have been using a Sony ICD-PX820 for precisely musical note-taking.  I got it after years of coming up with song ideas and lyrics and forgetting them one or two days later.  Take and Discover are perfect for doing this.  I'm jealous that all you guys have perfect musical memories.  And even more that you all have such quiet lives that nothing distracts you from working on songs, like work, family, sleep, world events, etc.  I have hundreds if not thousands of little clips like this on my Sony.

Yorick

23 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote:
For years, I have been using a Sony ICD-PX820 for precisely musical note-taking.  I got it after years of coming up with song ideas and lyrics and forgetting them one or two days later.  Take and Discover are perfect for doing this.  I'm jealous that all you guys have perfect musical memories.  And even more that you all have such quiet lives that nothing distracts you from working on songs, like work, family, sleep, world events, etc.  I have hundreds if not thousands of little clips like this on my Sony.
I have loads of poor quality sketches too. On 'voice notes' on the iphone.
I don't put them on Soundcloud for anyone to hear though, they're on my device for my ears only.

Yorick

23 Jan 2015

Look maybe it's a child experimenting?
But without knowing your colaborator how can you know?
It's just a track alongside other tracks. Divorced from any info about who made it, which might elicit a more encouraging/caring response from a potential mentor.

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

Yorick, you're totally wrong. This is in fact a cow's fart, treated with awesome reason devices to sound like a human whistle. Are you impressed now?
My Words are my ART

Yorick

23 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote:I'm jealous that all you guys have perfect musical memories. And even more that you all have such quiet lives that nothing distracts you from working on songs, like work, family, sleep, world events, etc. I have hundreds if not thousands of little clips like this on my Sony.
As said I make audio notes precisely because I rarely remember melodies or ideas after I've popped them out. Many of us don't. And I have two young kids and plenty of distractions. :)
But does a really poorly recorded three-ish note whistle belong on a public site like this?
Is this indicative of the kind of collaboration Discover will be filled with if it's being aimed at hobbyist kids exploring collaboration?

Yorick

23 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Yorick, you're totally wrong. This is in fact a cow's fart, treated with awesome reason devices to sound like a human whistle. Are you impressed now?
Woah.....

I wonder what it'd sound like imported into Omnisphere 2's granular synthesizer?

JNeffLind

23 Jan 2015

I have enough trouble polishing my own turds. I'm a prolific pooper! Can't incorporate any foreign feces into my busy schedule at this time.

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

Challenge ! Seriously, let's see what you can do with a single sound file. Confined to 6.5 devices so Yorick can play. That means no synchronous or audiospastic.

Edit: addressing to all not just huey
My Words are my ART

Carnstein

23 Jan 2015

I was thinking about the discover situation at work today and I thought "how long until someone just posts a bunch of gibberish for a laugh". This is moving in that direction but at least it has some notes haha. 
Hello!

Faastwalker

23 Jan 2015

I'm so fucking inspired right now!! :t2018:  

Noplan
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2015

Im not a prophet, but i can imagine that Apple throws a new Smartrecorder on the market or some adaptable Beats-iMics for the Iphone. 

PH could have some background infos and is now polishing the apple with Apple  :roll:

Theo.M

23 Jan 2015

Actually I could make use of that whistle, just clean up the noise a bit with RX4, add some cool effects and it could actually be a key hook in a track. I'm going to use it!

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

You mob haven't even worked out the obvious. This was clearly some guy doing a quick test to see how it all worked. It wouldnt surprise me if the default name in TAKE was 'my song'. Regardless, it was not intended to be an entry. He just forgot to delete it.
My Words are my ART

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

23 Jan 2015

Challenge accepted: http://phead.mu/s/EqN3P1Z7

• Information