Download Reason Intro (v11, probably) even if you have the full version?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
AnotherMathias

23 Jun 2023

Hi all,

In my quest for simplifying things, I’m wondering if i might enjoy the limitation of the basic necessities that v11 Intro would offer. This would be used as RRP in a different DAW, so the limitation would mostly be about the included devices.

I’m running v12 (full) now, but I have a distinct memory of the v11 RRP loading much faster into the DAW. I was always happy with the old small GUI, and don’t need the v12 devices, so running v11 with an ignition key might be just fine.

So the question is, is v11 Intro available anywhere for download? And would it authorize with CodeMeter using my full version license?

zumBeispiel

23 Jun 2023

AnotherMathias wrote:
23 Jun 2023
So the question is...
... would it authorize with CodeMeter using my full version license?
No, Reason Intro needs his own license number.

gullum

23 Jun 2023

There are gasilions of devices in Reason that I never use, limit yourself, you don't need reason to limit you

AnotherMathias

23 Jun 2023

zumBeispiel wrote:
23 Jun 2023
AnotherMathias wrote:
23 Jun 2023
So the question is...
... would it authorize with CodeMeter using my full version license?
No, Reason Intro needs his own license number.
I guess that's not a big surprise. On the other hand, though, I can run old versions of (full) Reason using a new (v11) license with CodeMeter, so maybe it's worth a try?
I have a link to downloads for all the previous versions of full, but I can't find the corresponding resource for the Lite, Essentals, and Intro versions anywhere.

AnotherMathias

23 Jun 2023

gullum wrote:
23 Jun 2023
There are gasilions of devices in Reason that I never use, limit yourself, you don't need reason to limit you
In theory, YES!
But time has proven that I end up spending all my time goofing around with new devices and VSTs, rather than making any music.
I have PLENTY of sounds I like already (x100), so if I make it so I can't be tempted by new toys all the time, perhaps then I'll record some proper songs.
My favorite devices are still the early ones, and there's so much exploration left to be done on those, rather than auditioning another 300 presets from some new shiny toy.

Another argument for running Intro in RRP is that it MIGHT (not sure about it) be quicker to load, and use less memory too. Seems possible, since there is less stuff to load, no?

gullum

23 Jun 2023

With reason lite you will still have all your RE's if it's attached to the same license and you will still have all your VST's so in reality you have almost the same as just using Reason 12

AnotherMathias

23 Jun 2023

gullum wrote:
23 Jun 2023
With reason lite you will still have all your RE's if it's attached to the same license and you will still have all your VST's so in reality you have almost the same as just using Reason 12
Fair point... although I don't run any VSTs in the Reason DAW, and if I run it as RRP I won't have any in the rack either.
But yeah, I'd still have all my REs. I don't have a ton of those though, and unlike stock devices, you have the option to remove them. All in the name of Less is More!

• Information