WAVEFORM in Reason's browser

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Rising Night Wave

22 May 2023

WAVEFORM in Reason's browser

i would have a request for reason studio's guys... to implement a visual dispaly of selected WAV files as waveform.
with ability to jump around in that field to manualy select where reason play WAV file.

i would found this ability so freaking useful with stems. :thumbup:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Mataya

22 May 2023

I'm pretty sure you're not getting that, but a greater more versatile compressor instead.

M

Rising Night Wave

22 May 2023

come on! do not be so pessimistic! :cool:
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

huggermugger

22 May 2023

Not gonna happen, but I'm pretty sure there's a shiny new RE on the way.

Rising Night Wave

22 May 2023

what would RE have to do with displaying waveform in reason's browser?

ps/edit: could we focus on request?
ps/edit_pt.2: unless you two guys are from reason studio's crew? then okey. i understand.

Loque

22 May 2023

I never need or missed such a feature for the currently playing file.

But I like to have a wave form display when I see the files in the browser, which gives me an idea of the rhythmic BEFORE I click on the file to listen to it.
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

22 May 2023

Imho the best solution would be to remove the browser and simply replace it with a perpetual version of loopcloud.

Rising Night Wave

22 May 2023

Loque wrote:
22 May 2023

But I like to have a wave form display when I see the files in the browser, which gives me an idea of the rhythmic BEFORE I click on the file to listen to it.
well i see it useful with use with stems where:
1st... sound in that stem does not start at the beginning of WAV file
2nd... when you are searching for interesting part inside that stem for use in music composition (especially when you have many stems in game as potentional good stems for use)

i do not knw. i think it would be more than useful ... and perhaps (i asume) it would not cost reason studios company that much either time or money to implement that small and fully useful feature.**

--- --- --- --- --- ---

okey. let me put it this way:

today i bought 4 vocal packs from producer loops web store. 5GB of vocals.
and now what?

full of stems. and i should drag and drop all of them into reason sequencer? are you nuts? this is absurd! or one by one. which is even more pain in the a**. time consuming and nerve tearing process.

all i am left with is... to load all those stems into my foobar2000 player (which is actually a good solution) where i have installed a waveform component to show me actual construction of WAV files. so i can easily jump to sound parts and actually check the stems not to listen to silence and wait until sound drops again.

i hope i was clear. sorry my english is a bit bad and broken. i am not that good at english language.

** even foobar2000 a small media player has it. why not reason have it?

Loque

22 May 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
22 May 2023
Loque wrote:
22 May 2023

well i see it useful with use with stems where:
1st... sound in that stem does not start at the beginning of WAV file
2nd... when you are searching for interesting part inside that stem for use in music composition (especially when you have many stems in game as potentional good stems for use)

i do not knw. i think it would be more than useful ... and perhaps (i asume) it would not cost reason studios company that much either time or money to implement that small and fully useful feature.**

--- --- --- --- --- ---

okey. let me put it this way:

today i bought 4 vocal packs from producer loops web store. 5GB of vocals.
and now what?

full of stems. and i should drag and drop all of them into reason sequencer? are you nuts? this is absurd! or one by one. which is even more pain in the a**. time consuming and nerve tearing process.

all i am left with is... to load all those stems into my foobar2000 player (which is actually a good solution) where i have installed a waveform component to show me actual construction of WAV files. so i can easily jump to sound parts and actually check the stems not to listen to silence and wait until sound drops again.

i hope i was clear. sorry my english is a bit bad and broken. i am not that good at english language.

** even foobar2000 a small media player has it. why not reason have it?
Your scenario is exactly why I do not need a waveform view, but a waveform browser.

I currently use LoopCloud browser for this. It is the last version until they closed the browser and they forced you into a subscription. It is/was great. Waveform browser, auto tagging, search, play, fast forward, build new loops...
Reason12, Win10

Ottostrom

23 May 2023

I think this would be a great improvement and I hope they add it in the future.
Especially now with the faster search speed in the browser which actually makes it useful

Rising Night Wave

23 May 2023

Ottostrom wrote:
23 May 2023
I think this would be a great improvement and I hope they add it in the future.
Especially now with the faster search speed in the browser which actually makes it useful
:thumbup:

Rising Night Wave

29 May 2023

what the he**? this is so time consuming. unless you know the stem in details. then this topic is useless.
but i have a lot of stems i have not checkd yet. - i would prefer using reason for checking instead of using external apps like for example foobar2000 media player.

as said... i assume this feature would not take that much work for RS to implement it into reason daw. it's just a tiny feature: simply to show a WAV's construction in a waveform way.

selig
RE Developer

30 May 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
29 May 2023
what the he**? this is so time consuming. unless you know the stem in details. then this topic is useless.
but i have a lot of stems i have not checkd yet. - i would prefer using reason for checking instead of using external apps like for example foobar2000 media player.

as said... i assume this feature would not take that much work for RS to implement it into reason daw. it's just a tiny feature: simply to show a WAV's construction in a waveform way.
I believe this would be a fairly simple and very useful feature for stems.
And if it works well for stems imagine how well it would work for tracks, which is 99% of what I’m typically importing anyway. ;)

Ideally it should work for ANY audio file (stem, track, mix, one shot, etc), including REX.
Selig Audio, LLC

Rising Night Wave

30 May 2023

yes.

Fusion

08 Sep 2023

Great idea, would love to see this feature

Rising Night Wave

08 Sep 2023

+1

:thumbs_up:

hamsterfactor

08 Sep 2023

I'm with Loque... a waveform browser is the way to go.

Any recommendations?
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

• Information