Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Maxim

08 May 2023

Thanks a lot!

Maxim

10 May 2023

Hi, I still wanted to ask if anyone could please explain how to create sub pages when mapping a instrument or effect?

Also, is there any other, more comprehensive resources to learn remote editing than from the article provided by Nektar? https://nektartech.com/mapping-reason-r ... -panorama/

Thanks for the help!

jam-s

10 May 2023

Maxim wrote:
10 May 2023
Hi, I still wanted to ask if anyone could please explain how to create sub pages when mapping a instrument or effect?

Also, is there any other, more comprehensive resources to learn remote editing than from the article provided by Nektar? https://nektartech.com/mapping-reason-r ... -panorama/

Thanks for the help!
Have you looked at the Remote SDK, yet?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 May 2023

Maxim wrote:
10 May 2023

Thanks for the help!
A sub page is really just a normal page, everything is defined by the scope. so you could do
Map Knob 1 control1 NAME Instrument scope1
Map Knob 1 control2 NAME Instrument scope1 subscope1

or

Map Knob 1 control1 NAME Instrument scope1
Map Knob 1 control2 NAME Instrument subscope1
as long as subscope1 is unique.

I learnt from looking at existing mappings and trail and error.
Personally I moved away from the menu system as it reminded me too much of menu diving on my 80's digital synths which I hated and now drive the page switching by the buttons under the faders along with the X buttons.

Maxim

10 May 2023

Hi Carly, thanks a lot for the answer. Actually I wouldn't mind at all evading menu diving. Like for example in the case of Soundtoys Echoboy which I mentioned earlier, there are four echo modes and the parameters change according to the selected mode. So for example I think it would be the clearest way to just map the X buttons for selecting the different echo modes and then map the knobs which I want to use to the parameters corresponding to each echo mode. In this way I could use the same knobs for different echo modes without any menu diving. Did I understand this correctly?

How would you go on mapping this in practice? And could you please expand just a little bit the significance of "scope" because I think I understand it's concept only partially.

Thanks a lot!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 May 2023

Maxim wrote:
10 May 2023
Hi Carly, thanks a lot for the answer. Actually I wouldn't mind at all evading menu diving. Like for example in the case of Soundtoys Echoboy which I mentioned earlier, there are four echo modes and the parameters change according to the selected mode. So for example I think it would be the clearest way to just map the X buttons for selecting the different echo modes and then map the knobs which I want to use to the parameters corresponding to each echo mode. In this way I could use the same knobs for different echo modes without any menu diving. Did I understand this correctly?
Correct, that would the route I would go down.
How would you go on mapping this in practice? And could you please expand just a little bit the significance of "scope" because I think I understand it's concept only partially.

Thanks a lot!
Scope = Pages

Have you looked at this ?
https://remapp.noiseshadow.com/

Maxim

10 May 2023

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
10 May 2023

Correct, that would the route I would go down.
I'm still trying to understand some aspects. Would you mind clarifying, what is the factor in the code of the remote map that distinguishes? Here is an example of what I mean: for example I map button X1 to echo mode 1 and button X2 to echo mode 2. Then I map knob 1 separately to the feedback parameter of each of those modes. How is it programmed in the code that when I press button X1 then knob 1 corresponds to the feedback of echo mode 1, and when I press button X2 then knob 1 corresponds to the feedback of echo mode 2. Because now here I would not be using sub pages so the scope is not the distinguishing factor. If you have an example code of this kind of situation, that would be great.
Scope = Pages
Thanks!
Have you looked at this ?
https://remapp.noiseshadow.com/
No, I have not been aware of this. Thanks a lot, I will definitely dig into this.

Noise
Competition Winner

10 May 2023

Hello nektar gang!

I've been wanting to do a quick guide for the Remapp, I know it's a bit messy GUI, but I hope this will help others to use it. This is my current workflow. (see attachment)

I'ts not a perfect tool, but it can get the job done. I've made zillion of quick mappings with this. I hope the p4 is compatible with the mapping format.

I've already mentioned this, I really just followed the steps and work of Carly(poohbear) in the mapping and learned a lot, but the point of all this is just to have fun and make music. We already spend to much time fiddling with configurations, and having to manually map the panoramas it's horrible. (don't like the nektarine vst solution).

Good luck!
Attachments
tinyquickGuide_Remapp.png
tinyquickGuide_Remapp.png (539.27 KiB) Viewed 11658 times
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Maxim

10 May 2023

Noise wrote:
10 May 2023
Hello nektar gang!

I've been wanting to do a quick guide for the Remapp, I know it's a bit messy GUI, but I hope this will help others to use it. This is my current workflow. (see attachment)

I'ts not a perfect tool, but it can get the job done. I've made zillion of quick mappings with this. I hope the p4 is compatible with the mapping format.

I've already mentioned this, I really just followed the steps and work of Carly(poohbear) in the mapping and learned a lot, but the point of all this is just to have fun and make music. We already spend to much time fiddling with configurations, and having to manually map the panoramas it's horrible. (don't like the nektarine vst solution).

Good luck!
Hi Noise! I cannot express how grateful I am for this. This really saves a lot of time. I tried it with P4 and I can confirm that it works.

I agree with you 100% that all the fiddling really takes a big piece of the creative time that one could be spending for making music. I got my P4 already last year but I've been postponing the learning of remote mapping because I just wanted to use the time for music. But fiddling with the mouse and staring at the screen is also not so inspiring so now I decided I will learn and map whatever I use the most so that I can control the parameters from P4 which is much more inspiring. And you my friend made this soooo much more easy.

I have a small question which is a little bit off topic: The Soundtoys Echoboy has four different echo modes and I was going to map each of them to it's own button. But it turned out that the echo mode is controlled by just one parameter which has four different values corresponding to the four different echo modes. So it was not possible to map the echo modes to buttons so I mapped them to a fader which works just fine. But when I have P4 in instrument mode displaying the parameters which I have mapped for Echoboy, I can see on the display only the X buttons and Ch knobs. How can I see from the display of the P4 also the Knobs and Faders which I have mapped?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 May 2023

Maxim wrote:
10 May 2023

I have a small question which is a little bit off topic: The Soundtoys Echoboy has four different echo modes and I was going to map each of them to it's own button. But it turned out that the echo mode is controlled by just one parameter which has four different values corresponding to the four different echo modes. So it was not possible to map the echo modes to buttons so I mapped them to a fader which works just fine. But when I have P4 in instrument mode displaying the parameters which I have mapped for Echoboy, I can see on the display only the X buttons and Ch knobs. How can I see from the display of the P4 also the Knobs and Faders which I have mapped?
Default is to hit the Toggle/mute and Toggle/View buttons (above and below Fader 9) in instrument mode..

Note you could set it up on one X button and have it scroll around the different options, I know your next question would be how, I can't remember the code off the top of my head, I have done it on some mappings so it's in the file, you can make the X buttons momentary so it does not stay lite etc.

Maxim

11 May 2023

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 May 2023

Default is to hit the Toggle/mute and Toggle/View buttons (above and below Fader 9) in instrument mode..
For some reason those do not work. I also did the "Don't know what you are doing? Press all the buttons."- thing, but I was not able to get the Faders and Knobs on the display.
Note you could set it up on one X button and have it scroll around the different options, I know your next question would be how, I can't remember the code off the top of my head, I have done it on some mappings so it's in the file, you can make the X buttons momentary so it does not stay lite etc.
Yes, that would be a much better solution. Maybe I could do some digging around. Is it in one of the files that you have posted in this thread?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 May 2023

Maxim wrote:
11 May 2023
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 May 2023

For some reason those do not work. I also did the "Don't know what you are doing? Press all the buttons."- thing, but I was not able to get the Faders and Knobs on the display.
Yes, that would be a much better solution. Maybe I could do some digging around. Is it in one of the files that you have posted in this thread?
Add this before your controls

Map Encoder Select Up Env_Focus=Env_view_1 FADER_VIEW Instrument
Map Button Select Up Env_Focus=Env_view_2 FADER_VIEW Instrument

just in case the tabs are removed _^_ = tab

Map_^_Encoder Select Up_^__^_Env_Focus=Env_view_1_^__^_FADER_VIEW^Instrument

and yes in my main mapping file

Maxim

11 May 2023

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 May 2023

Add this before your controls

Map Encoder Select Up Env_Focus=Env_view_1 FADER_VIEW Instrument
Map Button Select Up Env_Focus=Env_view_2 FADER_VIEW Instrument

just in case the tabs are removed _^_ = tab

Map_^_Encoder Select Up_^__^_Env_Focus=Env_view_1_^__^_FADER_VIEW^Instrument
I'm a bit new to all of this so I'm not sure I understood correctly. Was this code in order to be able to see the Faders and Knobs with the toggle button? And purpose was to place these lines in the code before mapping the controls?
and yes in my main mapping file
And another newbie question; where can I find that file.

Thanks again!

geronimo

24 May 2023

For this free Rack Extension .

Code: Select all

Scope	Turn2on Software	ru.turn2on.BassPump	
Define Group	Mode	Instrument	Mixer	Transport	Channel	
//	Control Surface Item	Key	Remotable Item	Scale	Mode

Map	Mixer Mode		Mode=Mixer
Map	Instrument Mode		Mode=Instrument
Map	Transport Mode		Mode=Transport
Map	Channel Mode		Mode=Channel

Map	Device Name		"BassPump"		INST
Map	Patch Name		Device Name			Instrument

Map	Bypass		Enabled			Instrument

Map	X1_Labeli		"Bypass"			Instrument
Map	X2_Labeli		"Pre/Post "			Instrument
Map	X3_Labeli		" "			Instrument
Map	X4_Labeli		" "			Instrument
Map	X5_Labeli		"Random "			Instrument
Map	X1		0		BYPASS	Instrument
Map	X2		Direct Out Mode		CTRL	Instrument
Map	X3		0			Instrument
Map	X4		0			Instrument
Map	X5		0		RANDOMIZE	Instrument

Map	Ch Knob 1		Input Level			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 2		Bass Level			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 3		Mid Level			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 4		Mid Frequency			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 5		Treble Level			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 6		Output Level			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 7		0			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 8		0			Instrument

Fusion

27 May 2023

Anyone have any idea why the following map for NI Komplete Kontrol does not work?

I mainly just want to select the next and previous patch, but no controls seem to work. I found someone had already mapped for the vst2 version, but this does not work either.

Scope	Native Instruments	vst3.5653544E694B4B6B6F6D706C65746520.Komplete Kontrol

Define Group	Env_Sync	Env_free	Env_synced
Define Group	Env2_Sync	Env2_free	Env2_synced
Define Group	page	pg	ch_Arp	ch_Scale
Define Group	arp	Main	Adv
Define Group	Env_Focus	Env_view_2	Env_view_1

Map	Device Name		"_Komplete Kontrol"		HOME

Map	Patch Name		Patch Name			Instrument
Map	Patch Down		Select Previous Program
Map	Patch Up		Select Next Program

Map	Plugin View		Proxy Open Plugin Window			Instrument

Map	Display Default		0			Mixer
Map	Display Default		page=pg			Instrument

Map	Name Element 1		"P101 -"			Instrument	
Map	Ch Knob 1		P101 -		NAME	Instrument	

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 May 2023

Fusion wrote:
27 May 2023
Anyone have any idea why the following map for NI Komplete Kontrol does not work?

I mainly just want to select the next and previous patch, but no controls seem to work. I found someone had already mapped for the vst2 version, but this does not work either.

Scope	Native Instruments	vst3.5653544E694B4B6B6F6D706C65746520.Komplete Kontrol

Define Group	Env_Sync	Env_free	Env_synced
Define Group	Env2_Sync	Env2_free	Env2_synced
Define Group	page	pg	ch_Arp	ch_Scale
Define Group	arp	Main	Adv
Define Group	Env_Focus	Env_view_2	Env_view_1

Map	Device Name		"_Komplete Kontrol"		HOME

Map	Patch Name		Patch Name			Instrument
Map	Patch Down		Select Previous Program
Map	Patch Up		Select Next Program

Map	Plugin View		Proxy Open Plugin Window			Instrument

Map	Display Default		0			Mixer
Map	Display Default		page=pg			Instrument

Map	Name Element 1		"P101 -"			Instrument	
Map	Ch Knob 1		P101 -		NAME	Instrument	
As you have put an underscore _ in the device name you have made this a grab mapping which means you have map the remotes to ctrl's first e.g.

Map Ctrl 1 P101 -

Map Name Element 1 "P101 -" Instrument
Map Ch Knob 1 1 NAME Instrument

Is P101 - valid as I could not see that control on another version of Komplete Kontrol

Fusion

27 May 2023

I just guessed the name had an underscore, not sure sure where you are supposed to find that info?

Not sure where I got the P101 from . I have closed the session now. Thought it was from the first knob on Analog dreams , but that now says 101 Cutoff , when I learn it. Maybe this is still the same thing?

Anyway, I am more concernced about the next and previous patch working, Any ideas on that?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 May 2023

Fusion wrote:
27 May 2023
I just guessed the name had an underscore, not sure sure where you are supposed to find that info?

Not sure where I got the P101 from . I have closed the session now. Thought it was from the first knob on Analog dreams , but that now says 101 Cutoff , when I learn it. Maybe this is still the same thing?

Anyway, I am more concernced about the next and previous patch working, Any ideas on that?
Komplete Kontrol like other device where the insides can be totally different things are usually double mapped, you have to map them internal and also in Reason, e.g. you map to the macro knobs etc.

With regards to patch changes the remotes for those controls have not been exposed, so that is a no go.

Fusion

28 May 2023

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
27 May 2023
Fusion wrote:
27 May 2023

Komplete Kontrol like other device where the insides can be totally different things are usually double mapped, you have to map them internal and also in Reason, e.g. you map to the macro knobs etc.

With regards to patch changes the remotes for those controls have not been exposed, so that is a no go.
Aah, seems like one of those things to get you to buy a NI keyboard for the control it gives you. Shame NI keyboard does not work well with reason.

I found the following but that does not seem to work either. Not sure why as the nektar should be sending midi from the buttons right?

https://community.native-instruments.co ... controller

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 May 2023

Fusion wrote:
28 May 2023
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
27 May 2023

Aah, seems like one of those things to get you to buy a NI keyboard for the control it gives you. Shame NI keyboard does not work well with reason.

I found the following but that does not seem to work either. Not sure why as the nektar should be sending midi from the buttons right?

https://community.native-instruments.co ... controller
I like a little challenge and have had a good look at this, I believe the issue lies with Komplete.

You can get the Nektar to work however that is using Komplete in standalone mode only.

When in Reason I used the P1 in internal mode, it was sending out the CC's however they did not appear top be forwarded on to the plugins and I would say this is down to mappings.

So I thought I would bypass midi coming into Reason and route it directly to the plugin, for this I use Kushview Elements. I wired it up and I could see my CC messages inside of Kushview however once again Komplete ignored them for those settings. I double checked by passing those messages outside of Kushview to another midi monitor (Midi-OX) and I could see them OK.

I then retested using Kushview standalone (not even running Reason) and got the same results and thus concluded this is an issue with Komplete VST version.

F-André

04 Jun 2023

im doing something wrong....

i used the new remotemap, but none of the effects work?
also the behaviour of the instruments is different? firmware should be up to date

thanks for suggestions

geronimo

04 Aug 2023

For this three KUASSA FX _

Scope	Kuassa	com.kuassa.EfektorGainiaHB		

Map	Device Name		"Gainia HB"		INST

Map	X2_Labeli		"Type "			Instrument
Map	X5_Labeli		"Randomize "			Instrument
Map	X2		Channel Type		CTRL			Instrument
Map	X3		0			Instrument
Map	X4		0			Instrument
Map	X5		0		RANDOMIZE			Instrument

Map	Name Element 1		"Input"			Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 1		Input Volume		NAME	Instrument			
Map	Ch Knob 2		Clean Level			Instrument			
Map	Ch Knob 3		Drive Gain			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 4		Drive Low			Instrument	
Map	Ch Knob 5		Drive High			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 6		Drive Level			Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 7		Dry Wet			Instrument
// ***************** ET  HOP !!  **************

Scope	Kuassa	com.kuassa.EfektorGainiaTD		

Map	Device Name		"Gaini TD"		INST

Map	X2_Labeli		"Type "			Instrument
Map	X2		Channel Type		CTRL			Instrument
Map	X3		0			Instrument
Map	X4		0			Instrument

Map	Ch Knob 2		Gain			Instrument			
Map	Ch Knob 3		Bias			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 4		Low			Instrument	
Map	Ch Knob 5		High			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 6		Level			Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 7		Dry Wet			Instrument

Scope	Kuassa	com.kuassa.EfektorGainiaXT		

Map	Device Name		"Gaini XT"		INST

Map	X2_Labeli		"Boost "			Instrument
Map	X2		Boost Off On		CTRL			Instrument
Map	X3		0			Instrument
Map	X4		0			Instrument

Map	Ch Knob 2		Boost Level			Instrument			
Map	Ch Knob 3		Edge			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 4		Gain			Instrument	
Map	Ch Knob 5		Low			Instrument		
Map	Ch Knob 6		High			Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 8		Dry Wet			Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 7		Level			Instrument

helmutson

04 Aug 2023

Are all Reasonstudio RE's and internal Rackunits supported with the Nektar P1 ?

freddykr

05 Aug 2023

Dropbox link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0) is broken :(
Or actually blocked by dropbox...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2023

freddykr wrote:
05 Aug 2023
Dropbox link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0) is broken :(
Or actually blocked by dropbox...
Try this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uac0qdt33eyr ... kyTya?dl=0

• Information