Objekt has arrived!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

23 May 2023

visheshl wrote:
23 May 2023
dvdrtldg wrote:
19 May 2023
Man this thing sounds so good

Here's a little nod-out jam I put together very quickly - all Objekt, just a few tweaked presets and no external FX apart from a little ring mod on one percussion track and the Reason bus comp across the whole thing

Beautiful track friend 👍👍👍👌
Thank you! It's really just an exercise, to my mind the notable thing about it is how good Objekt sounds on its own with (almost) no external help

Jackjackdaw

23 May 2023

Sorry to be the grouchy grouch, but how come everyone is suddenly amazed by things going bong? I think you could do most of this Jungle level stuff with the sound iron re that comes stock…. I’ll get my coat. :-p

Loque

23 May 2023

Jackjackdaw wrote:
23 May 2023
Sorry to be the grouchy grouch, but how come everyone is suddenly amazed by things going bong? I think you could do most of this Jungle level stuff with the sound iron re that comes stock…. I’ll get my coat. :-p
Yea? Show 😏
Reason12, Win10

ljekio

23 May 2023

Anybody used it with breath controller?
What I don't quite understand is how can I control the gain output to bind it to the breath controller?

Loque

23 May 2023

ljekio wrote:
23 May 2023
What I don't quite understand is how can I control the gain output to bind it to the breath controller?
There should be a build-in Envelope Follower, which you must assign to your targets in the Mod Matrix.
Reason12, Win10

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

23 May 2023

ljekio wrote:
23 May 2023
Looks like it should be doable in the Combi.
I don't use a breath controller so I can't tell you for certain, but it looks like BAU from here.

gkillmaster

23 May 2023

I wonder what sets Objekt apart from Chromaphone and Sculpture. If anyone has any thoughts on that, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Loque

23 May 2023

gkillmaster wrote:
23 May 2023
I wonder what sets Objekt apart from Chromaphone and Sculpture. If anyone has any thoughts on that, I'd appreciate the feedback.
The audio input :clap: :thumbup: :thumbs_up:

More detailed control, more possibilities (like full control over exciter and noise, modulation, and much more).

And then...if that is not enough, you can chain Objekts through the Audio In :lol:

Better performance.

Half price of Chromaphone.

Now RS just needs some good refills for their synth.
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

23 May 2023

Loque wrote:
23 May 2023
gkillmaster wrote:
23 May 2023

More detailed control, more possibilities (like full control over exciter and noise, modulation, and much more).

And then...if that is not enough, you can chain Objekts through the Audio In :lol:
One note about the audio input. It is not polyphonic (thanks Captain Obvious!). This means you cannot play it polyphonically with an external exciter and get the same/expected results as using the built in exciters (which ARE polyphonic).
What I had somehow expected was to be able to use other synths or other Objekts as external exciters, which does work just fine if you only play one note. But if you play two or more notes the level jumps because you’re sending BOTH external notes to BOTH voices, doubling the output. And it gets worse the more notes you play.

Hence my recent lament about the missed opportunity of poly voice audio connections between synths in another thread, which would have addressed this issue and allowed Reason itself to be the most amazing poly-modular synth in existence.

But I digress, as the audio input still has great value IMO. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

gkillmaster

23 May 2023

Loque wrote:
23 May 2023
gkillmaster wrote:
23 May 2023

Better performance.

Thanks so much for the reply!

Loque

23 May 2023

gkillmaster wrote:
23 May 2023
Loque wrote:
23 May 2023

Better performance.

Your welcome.

The question i have is, how does Objekt compare to Plasmonic? I was eying it for a while, but since Objekt i might skip it....or shouldn't i?
Reason12, Win10

crimsonwarlock

23 May 2023

selig wrote:
23 May 2023
One note about the audio input. It is not polyphonic (thanks Captain Obvious!). This means you cannot play it polyphonically with an external exciter and get the same/expected results as using the built in exciters (which ARE polyphonic).
I was thinking about throwing a bunch of them in a combinator and use them with a midi splitter (distributor and the likes), and then seeing if I can build a simple multi-exciter thingy. Something like a physical strummer. I have enough audio inputs, and a pack of piezo elements floating around somewhere in my studio :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

24 May 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 May 2023

I was thinking about throwing a bunch of them in a combinator
Obviously a R+ subscriber. Anybody who owns the device is going to handle it with care and not THROW it it anywhere. Damn renters don't respect anything.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

ljekio

24 May 2023

Loque wrote:
23 May 2023

There should be a build-in Envelope Follower, which you must assign to your targets in the Mod Matrix.
it often happens that in a patch I like, all the layers of the modulation matrix are already occupied. Apparently, it is really only with the help of a combinator that acceptable results can be achieved for the breath controller.

Loque

24 May 2023

ljekio wrote:
24 May 2023
Loque wrote:
23 May 2023

it often happens that in a patch I like, all the layers of the modulation matrix are already occupied. Apparently, it is really only with the help of a combinator that acceptable results can be achieved for the breath controller.
Only the Mod Matrix is polyphonic. Everything else (CV, Combinator) is monophonic.

You can create a ticket at RS, that they should add more Matrix Slots.
Reason12, Win10

ljekio

24 May 2023

I think one voice will be enough for me when using this thing, as is usually the case with most of wind instruments. I always turn off polyphony to avoid unwanted combinations of sounds.

ljekio

24 May 2023

Another question: how i can use it as audio fx only (without any midi notes at objekt)?

p.s. solved, I found it needs to be set to mono.

Loque

24 May 2023

ljekio wrote:
24 May 2023
Another question: how i can use it as audio fx only (without any midi notes at objekt)?

p.s. solved, I found it needs to be set to mono.
Yea, that is not so obvious :? . But makers things clear, that it is not polyphonic in that case...
Reason12, Win10

crimsonwarlock

24 May 2023

challism wrote:
24 May 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 May 2023

I was thinking about throwing a bunch of them in a combinator
Obviously a R+ subscriber. Anybody who owns the device is going to handle it with care and not THROW it it anywhere. Damn renters don't respect anything.
Sorry to say that you've got that backwards. I'm not renting, so I own the damn thing and I can throw it around any way I like it :lol: :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Aosta

25 May 2023

Well after the livestream I thought I'd jump in before the sale ends...pretty much a given I was getting it anyway so :thumbup: :clap:
Great stream showing how versatile this instrument is.
Tend the flame

Loque

26 May 2023

Quite good video showing Objekt in Action.
Reason12, Win10

gkillmaster

26 May 2023

Loque wrote:
23 May 2023
gkillmaster wrote:
23 May 2023

Your welcome.

The question i have is, how does Objekt compare to Plasmonic? I was eying it for a while, but since Objekt i might skip it....or shouldn't i?
Plasmonic is my favorite synth overall. The funny thing is that I don't really think of it as a physical modeling synth like Chromaphone or Sculpture. It seems to be wholly different in a way, focusing more on expressiveness rather than emulation and the MPE implementation is the best in any synth I have, and it does really make a difference for me. I didn't think it would but it just seems work seamlessly like the synth is designed with maximum keyboard expression in mind.

dvdrtldg

26 May 2023

Loque wrote:
26 May 2023
Quite good video showing Objekt in Action.
Arrrrghhhhhhhhhhh fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkk

Isn't it time we had a humane cull of Big Personality YouTubers

EnochLight

26 May 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
26 May 2023
Isn't it time we had a humane cull of Big Personality YouTubers
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

raymondh

26 May 2023

selig wrote:
23 May 2023
Loque wrote:
23 May 2023

What I had somehow expected was to be able to use other synths or other Objekts as external exciters, which does work just fine if you only play one note. But if you play two or more notes the level jumps because you’re sending BOTH external notes to BOTH voices, doubling the output. And it gets worse the more notes you play.

Hence my recent lament about the missed opportunity of poly voice audio connections between synths in another thread, which would have addressed this issue and allowed Reason itself to be the most amazing poly-modular synth in existence.

But I digress, as the audio input still has great value IMO. :)
I am still getting my head around how to usefully use the audio input.

I was hoping I'd be able to feed plucky sounds from my karp odyssey into it and then use Objekt to add harmonic overtones to it (which would be really interesting!) but of Objekt doesn't seem to follow the pitch of the incoming audio note.

I figure a workaround is to sequence the Odyssey from a midi lane and then use the same midi lane to double track Objekt to it, much in the way we would use a vocoder.

Haven't done that yet, but really like the concept of mixing analog and physical modelling!

• Information