[Fusion/Jazztronica] Mist Leaps【霧に飛び込む】

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Quarmat
Competition Winner

03 May 2023

Hey there, this is my entry for the Dice Synthesizer Song Competition, but I'd like to hear your feedback and critique here as well: every track I do I try to improve a little bit and your help is precious.

Have a nice day!

mimidancer

03 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
03 May 2023
Hey there, this is my entry for the Dice Synthesizer Song Competition, but I'd like to hear your feedback and critique here as well: every track I do I try to improve a little bit and your help is precious.

Have a nice day!

Dig the vibe feature at 41 seconds. Gary Burton would approve. Reminds me of his feature in Elucidation. That was a great tune. Hard to fail when you are playing with Corea and Metheny.

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

04 May 2023

You are setting the bar very high for the competition. Congrats!
Also I always appreciate non-house/techno tracks.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

04 May 2023

mimidancer wrote:
03 May 2023
Dig the vibe feature at 41 seconds. Gary Burton would approve. Reminds me of his feature in Elucidation. That was a great tune. Hard to fail when you are playing with Corea and Metheny.
Thanks for listening, Mimi. In the summer of '99 I was on a road trip in the north of Scotland and the 'eject' function on the car's CD player broke down with a cd stuck in it: that cd was Like Minds by Burton, Corea, Metheny, Holland and Haynes and so it was on repeat for about 15 days. I guess I absorbed some of the phrasing, even unintentionally! When I happen to listen to that record again I see the hills of the highlands and the heather bushes by the roadside.
rare_shadow wrote:
04 May 2023
Thank you rare_shadow, the great thing about synths is that you can make them seem to fit any genre!

mimidancer

04 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
04 May 2023
mimidancer wrote:
03 May 2023
Thanks for listening, Mimi. In the summer of '99 I was on a road trip in the north of Scotland and the 'eject' function on the car's CD player broke down with a cd stuck in it: that cd was Like Minds by Burton, Corea, Metheny, Holland and Haynes and so it was on repeat for about 15 days. I guess I absorbed some of the phrasing, even unintentionally! When I happen to listen to that record again I see the hills of the highlands and the heather bushes by the roadside.
rare_shadow wrote:
04 May 2023
Thank you rare_shadow, the great thing about synths is that you can make them seem to fit any genre!
Quoting and nodding to the greats is just jazz.

Popey
Competition Winner

05 May 2023

Really nice work 👍

JC1

08 May 2023

There are some quite creatively talented people getting around in here doing their things and it's great to hear what they're doing.

Nice songwriting Quarmat, Fusion is great and one of my favourite metal guitar players is a Fusion Jazz proponent.
This doesn't sound easy to write, so it's impressive what you've done with it 👍😁
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

Chizmata

15 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
03 May 2023

Have a nice day!

absolutely fantastic track. everything sits right here. atmosphere, creativity, progression and craft. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quarmat
Competition Winner

15 May 2023

mimidancer wrote:
04 May 2023
Quoting and nodding to the greats is just jazz.
Thank you, after all, in music everyone is sitting on the shoulders of giants.
Popey wrote:
05 May 2023
Really nice work 👍
Thank you Popey!
JC1 wrote:
08 May 2023
There are some quite creatively talented people getting around in here doing their things and it's great to hear what they're doing.

Nice songwriting Quarmat, Fusion is great and one of my favourite metal guitar players is a Fusion Jazz proponent.
This doesn't sound easy to write, so it's impressive what you've done with it 👍😁
Thank you JC1, fusion is fun to write cause you can put anything into it and it remains technically fusion! Who is this one metal guitarist you are referring to?
Chizmata wrote:
15 May 2023
absolutely fantastic track. everything sits right here. atmosphere, creativity, progression and craft. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Many thanks Chizmata! I really do appreciate your kind words!

JC1

22 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
15 May 2023

Thank you JC1, fusion is fun to write cause you can put anything into it and it remains technically fusion! Who is this one metal guitarist you are referring to?

Frederick Thordendal from Meshuggah. He has an awesome technique with his playing with his irregular arpeggio runs and his glides and so bone crushingly heavy too!
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

JC1

22 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
15 May 2023

Frederick Thordendal from Meshuggah. He has an awesome technique with his playing with his irregular arpeggio runs and his glides and so bone crushingly heavy too!

Jackjackdaw

23 May 2023

Sick track. Really nicely done. If I had some constructive criticism it would be to have more lead line over more of the track and make it more prominent in the mix.

Jagwah

23 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
03 May 2023

Have a nice day!
Damn we got some good musicians around here. Just amazing Quarmat. The retro sound design is amazing, it really sparks my imagination, the bell type lead around 40 seconds for instance sounds so familiar, like a lot of the other sounds . I like the stutters, I like how you stutter the whole thing then fade it back in on itself while it's still stuttering :puf_smile: I like the big transition in the middle, not sure if that's a key change or what but damn it's smooth. Sounds mint man, keep at it :)

• Information