~ Winners Announced ~ Oenkenstein Audio Dice Analog Synthesizer Song Competition (lasts until May, 18, 2023)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Quarmat
Competition Winner

16 May 2023

bossa wrote:
15 May 2023
As we are used to from you, you have brought us again a very polished song! I find the song very good!
Thank you Bossa! I am an admirer of your music. I really like your track in this competition, the sounds are so clean! And I am still in awe of your entry in the Roads competition: a crazy track!

zoidkirb

17 May 2023

Here's my entry. Seven instances of Dice were used, plus drums. I used presets and tweaked them, plus utilized a fair bit of modulation (it was so nice to have all those lovely CV inputs on the back)

wowhow
Competition Winner

18 May 2023

Hi! This is my track for the Oenkenstein Audio Dice Analog Synthesizer Song Competition hosted on the reasontalk forum. I used Oenkenstein Audio's Dice Analog Synthesizer to generate random patches using the randomizer webapp for this synthesizer.

This is a track that I think is kind of off-putting but at the same time a little interesting. Instead of automating some controls for the main synth part (the one that cycles throughout), I changed some parameters on the back-side of the RE and recorded the output into a new audio lane!

Popey
Competition Winner

18 May 2023

Wow as always high standard to all the tracks.

Glad I am not a judge. Good luck everyone 😊

challism

18 May 2023

diced.jpg
diced.jpg (12.39 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Electric-Metal

18 May 2023

Hi,

here's my entry.

Made in Bitwig using mostly REs. Not really finished as time ran out and lacks some proper mixing.

Open/Closed Hats, Clap, Snareroll and obviously all Synth sounds coming from Dice.

:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Loque

18 May 2023

Electric-Metal wrote:
18 May 2023
Your post has the number 666. Does that mean something?
Reason12, Win10

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

19 May 2023

The song competition is closed!

Dear musicians, you have done your very best to put Dice in the spotlight.
I am overwhelmed by the number and quality of submissions. Different genres were entered: Jazz, Pop, EDM and trance.
Here's a playlist in order of submission date:

1- Dice as Nice by Popey / Samiver (Melodic minimal techno):
2- Unknown Artist by PhillipOrdonez
3- The Luck of the Dice by Bixbambi (Pop with House elements):
4- Take me to the Stars by bossa / Falkbossa (Pop):
5- Mist Leaps by Quarmat (Fusion, Jazztronica, Nu Jazz):
6- Random Luck by Noise / Noise Shadow (EDM):
7- The Synth So Nice They Named It Dice by new forum member Common Synths (Percusional Ambient):
8- Outgrow by zoidkirb / Cabal Faction (Laidback electronic landscape):

9- Oenkenstein Audio Dice Analog Synthesizer Song Competition by Wowhow (Randomized off putting House):
10- Dice Destiny by Electric-Metal / Synap - Tic (Trance):

Judging will now take place and the outcome will be announced in this thread shortly.
Thank you so much for participating the song competition and also many thanks for the moderators Challism and Loque who conducted this challenge.

challism

19 May 2023

Some of you guys don't seem to know how to follow instructions. This happened during our last contest as well.

The rules/instructions of the contest clear state that you must EMAIL your song to reasontalkcontest@gmail.com. It's the first rule. There are a number of good reasons why we require you to email your submissions - it isn't just us trying to be a pain in the butt.

Please be mindful of the rules in future contests.
Thank you
rules.jpg
rules.jpg (48.54 KiB) Viewed 4469 times

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

19 May 2023

Noise wrote:
14 May 2023
Hello!

Here is my participation to the Oenkestein Audio Dice! I guess it's some type of House music...
The only patch used from the presets was "Bass - Bass.repatch" the rest of the patches were randomized with a custom tool (will provide the refill later!)
There are a total of 11 randomized patches for chords, leads, and background effects.

Thank you!
One of my definitions for a good track is when I want to turn up the volume................. and I turned it up to 11...... like this....

PhillipOrdonez

19 May 2023

Nice entries!

Loque

19 May 2023

Excellent compositions, nice tunes, interesting different styles, great creativity and work - hard to judge...
Have a little patience with us until we have listened to all tunes and made our decision.
Reason12, Win10

challism

24 May 2023

Congratulations to the Winners!
1st Quarmat
2nd CommonSynths
3rd Noise Shadow

Please contact Ed at Oenkenstein Audio to claim your prizes.
Thanks to all the contestants, without you we couldn't have these contests.
Thanks to the developer, Oenkenstein Audio, for offering prizes and developing REs!

Rick Beato is currently working on a new video...
Quarmat.jpg
Quarmat.jpg (47.88 KiB) Viewed 4305 times

Popey
Competition Winner

24 May 2023

Congratulations quarmat, commonsynths and noise shadow - great tracks from everyone.

Thank you also to Ed and the mods for running this.

Loque

24 May 2023

Gratulations to the winners.

Judging was very hard, since there were very good entries with nearly equal level of quality and creativity!

Everyone provided great entries and it was a pleasure to listen to them.

Thanks everyone!
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

24 May 2023

Congrats to the winners!

Noise
Competition Winner

24 May 2023

10 Tracks submited, I think is a great number of participants sharing music, glad to hear different approaches / genres, congrats to all :clap:

Also, like i've mentioned in my track post, I've generated some patches for Dice (around 5k) and I'm sharing them to anyone interested: Version 2 as some improvements in the generative approach, but everything is usable.. (if anyone is brave enough)

https://noiseshadow.com/Reffils/Diced_Patches_v1.zip
https://noiseshadow.com/Reffils/Diced_Patches_v2.zip
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Quarmat
Competition Winner

24 May 2023

Hello, thank you for appreciating my track; it is an honour to participate in competitions with so many capable musicians. Thanks to Oenkenstein Audio and the ReasonTalk moderators for the opportunity. Every track in this competition is outstanding!

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

24 May 2023

Noise wrote:
24 May 2023
10 Tracks submited, I think is a great number of participants sharing music, glad to hear different approaches / genres, congrats to all :clap:

Also, like i've mentioned in my track post, I've generated some patches for Dice (around 5k) and I'm sharing them to anyone interested: Version 2 as some improvements in the generative approach, but everything is usable.. (if anyone is brave enough)

https://noiseshadow.com/Reffils/Diced_Patches_v1.zip
https://noiseshadow.com/Reffils/Diced_Patches_v2.zip
Wow. These patches are absolute bonkers.

Thank you so much for sharing the Refills. Thumbs up!

turbopage
Competition Winner

24 May 2023

Great Tracks! Congrats to the winners!
Music Will Save Us

CommonSynths
Competition Winner

24 May 2023

Truly enjoyed all of the tracks entered! Love the diverse creativity!

Thank you to Oenkenstein Audio and ReasonTalk for the challenge and consideration. : )

bossa
Competition Winner

25 May 2023

Congratulations to the winners! The jury had once again a difficult task, because the entries were all very good and of course again difficult to compare.
I am already looking forward to the next competition, because it is always a great pleasure to participate.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

25 May 2023

Once again, the submitted tracks are of very high quality in a variety of genres and some judges 'complained' about how difficult it was to make a decision.

Quarmat, who won the first prize, would like to share his prize with others and asked if I would also give numbers 4 and 5 on the list of winners a free license of Dice Analog Synthesizer.
Hereby.

It's time to give away the prizes:
1. Quarmat, you are entitled to choose three Rack Extensions from all the products made by Oenkenstein Audio. You will get one free license for the Dice Analog Synthesizer Rack Extension. Two licenses are given to number 4 and 5 on the ranking list as you ask.
2. Common Synths gets one free license for the Dice Analog Synthesizer Rack Extension and 1 other Oenkenstein Audio Rack Extensions of your choice.
3. Noise Shadow gets a free license for the Dice Analog Synthesizer Rack Extension.
4: Bixbambix gets a free license for the Dice Analog Synthesizer Rack Extension.
5: Falkbossa gets a free license for the Dice Analog Synthesizer Rack Extension.

In order to give the free licenses for the products won, please PM me your Reason Studios username and a list of the preffered Rack Extensions to be given away for free.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... in%20Audio

As the quality of all the tracks is so high, I want to ask permission to all contributors to publish the tracks on the Reason Studios shop page next week.
Please, let me know if you do not want a track published.

I am very proud on all the contributors and very happy to have to possibilty to publish these contests on this forum.

Thumbs up for Chalism and Loque, who conducted the event and thank you so much musicians for keeping this great community alive!

Loque

25 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
😳😲🥹🤗
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

25 May 2023

Very generous of you Quarmat 👍

• Information