[TECH HOUSE] COMPROMISE

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

13 May 2023

This is COMPROMISE - straight up main floor tech-house. First session so not as polished off as I'd like - but I thought I'd share and get some thoughts from others.

Built the bass line and synth melodies using Phase Plant. Was going for a warehouse tribal groove feel. Been really experimenting with UVI Plate - loving this experimental reverb effect.
Check my Soundcloud:

Superology

16 May 2023

Sounds fresh. Not my favorite genre, but I find it interesting. Voice sample repeats too many times. It hits right in the head after listening the whole track.

danc

17 May 2023

Superology wrote:
16 May 2023
Sounds fresh. Not my favorite genre, but I find it interesting. Voice sample repeats too many times. It hits right in the head after listening the whole track.
Thanks for feedback Superology.

Totally agree re voice sample - needs reducing and editing to keep it interesting. Will work on it.
Check my Soundcloud:

robussc

17 May 2023

Superology wrote:
16 May 2023
100% - after that first break with just the vocal I thought that was a cool way to end the vocal bit and go into a musical groove for a bit. But no, it was right back again!

To the OP: should I be getting a bit of an 808-State vibe from this or am I just showing my age?
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

rorystorm

18 May 2023

I liked it a lot, really clear high end, thought maybe the low end could be marginally more prominent? I like the vocal sample too, maybe you could cut it up a couple of times to give it some variation? But heaps of fun and l liked how it didn't outstay its welcome

Mattvank

18 May 2023

Very airy and fresh. I feel surrounded from all the sounds. The vocal could more hit the rythm. I think i know the voice,. Techno Noir Libary?

By the way,3 Bad brothers is also well made. Perfect! (Compared to Compromise it use more variations of itself.)

• Information