MISSING PLUG INS ON OLD TRACKS

Discuss VST stuff here!
gritz

17 May 2023

Morning all

recently a few of my older tracks from last year are appearing with certain tracks missing the VST presets I had added there,.

this is mainly on KONTAKT which I had updated to KONTAKT 7 which since reason now sees VST2 applications previously was using KONTAKT 6 -

I can see the VST main name I was using such as KONTAKT session guitarist strum or pick but the specific preset is no longer playing so having to go through the presets using KONTAKT 7 and keep listening to the original I have on Soundcloud,

to your knowledge if I open a old project and the popup missing VST appears is there a work around.

Loque

17 May 2023

Install the old VST2 version.
Reason12, Win10

gritz

17 May 2023

thanks for the input Loque

actually realised that I had written these projects on my old Macbook before moving onto my new M1 - when I powered the old Mac up and plugged in the SSD it found all the tracks in perfect order - not sure how to transfer that data across to the new Mac but just make a note of the original tracks and presets used and working that way, appreciate not the most efficient time busting way but at least getting the tracks as they should sound now.

• Information