(Black Metal) Petrale - Salvation Precipitates

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Kov

03 May 2023

New album. Everything hand played with real instruments. No triggers, no samples. Recorded, mixed and mastered with reason:

Quarmat
Competition Winner

03 May 2023

I have never been a fan of the typical production style of classic black metal: guitars with almost nothing in the low frequencies, as well as growl mixed without bass, but that is a matter of taste, my metal background is thrash/death, after all. That said, the album is very well produced, by the aforementioned BM standards. The only thing that annoys me slightly is the level of reverb on the vocals: I'd turn it down a bit, but then again: the catacomb/deconsecrated church effect pays off, so ignore my comments on that! :)

At the level of composition, I appreciated the bass + drums passages that depart from the classic tropes of the genre, giving a breath of freshness (or frostiness, given the genre ;) ). My favourite track is Bring on the Sulphur.

Odličan je EP, bravo!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 May 2023

This is good. I've only listened to the first two tracks. But I will listen to the full album soon when I've got some more time on my hands.

Kov

04 May 2023

Thx guys! As drums are my main instrument, i try to pay attention to a functioning rhythm section.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 May 2023

I haven't listened enough to the album to comment on each song. But I did listen through the entire album and I like it.
I somewhat agree with Quarmat regarding the reverb on the vocals. For my own subjective taste I would have gone a bit drier and only used fuller reverb on certain selected occasions. But honestly that's the only thing I'd change.
Nice compositions. Well played and performed. Lots of very interesting and unique harmonies.
I can see myself listening to this again. :thumbs_up:

Superology

16 May 2023

I think there is enough black metal music to find. We need more the prodigy style stuff. Agree?

• Information