about this forum and threads (speaking in generally)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Rising Night Wave

15 May 2023

i am wondering why is here on RTF like this:

- so many threads ... so many comments

- if someone post thread about his msic ... so little comments (usually, almost always)

wtf? why is this so?
are people egocentric? or people do not like other's music? or what?

- to not talk when there comes new version of reason. what the hell!..
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

jam-s

15 May 2023

For me it's a matter of time and respect to the OP of music threads. While it is quite quick and easy to write a fast reply to some discussion or question, giving feedback on a new track takes at least a few focussed listening passes, so about 10 to 15 minutes, then pinpointing and verifying any possible issues and then writing a useful feedback post. All in all this can easily take about 30 minutes ... and of course one would have to be in the mood to check out some new music in the first place and also be somewhat experienced in the genre, as well.

Imho those factors could be a cause for the disparity in participation.

motuscott

15 May 2023

Well said jam-s
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Popey
Competition Winner

16 May 2023

With regard to responding to music posts I try to when I have time as others often respond to my own requests. I know I do not hear half of what gets posted here due to family life taking my time though.

I also try to only respond with feedback to those posts that request it as I am aware some people just like to share their music and are not looking for this.

If I like a song I will often post to say so but there are likely loads of great songs on here I have missed.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 May 2023

I think for most people this forum is mainly used to talk about software/gear. The DAW itself, new rack extensions, updates, upgrades, VSTs etc.
People posting music is probably secondary to most people. It is a Reason/software forum after all, not a music forum.
In my own experience posting my tracks in the "Reason music" thread I've noticed that some songs gets lots of comments, while other hardly gets any, sometimes none. It's seems pretty random to me and not necessarily connected to the quality of the track.

For me I'm all over the place with how I listen to music here at RT. Sometimes I write comments. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I give more feedback. Other times I simply go with something like "nice track".

I can't say I agree with "- to not talk when there comes new version of reason. what the hell!.."
I actually think that's when people around here talk the most. The upgrade threads are always the biggest ones.

DaveyG

16 May 2023

I rarely listen to any of the music posted on here and if I do then I never comment. It's not really why I come to the forum.

PhillipOrdonez

16 May 2023

Time is definitely a factor. I try to listen to most of not all the tunes in the style that i like, and then comment on the ones I think are good or have potential. I'm not often listening to stuff in genres I'm not interested in, plus my opinion in those would be of little use to the artist posting them. There's also a lack of posts in the style I'm into, so 🤷‍♂️

dioxide

16 May 2023

The music posted here is all kinds of different genres, with the only thing they have in common is that it was all made with Reason. I usually look elsewhere to listen to music in genres that I am interested,

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 May 2023

I listen exclusively to music branded Ordonez.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

16 May 2023

MrFigg wrote:
16 May 2023
I listen exclusively to music branded Ordonez.
Not a bad life decision

robussc

17 May 2023

I'm a fairly new forum member and I try to pay attention to the Music section, especially as I'm also uploading music for feedback, but I do agree that it's quieter than I would have expected. I try to listen to music that's in genres I enjoy/am working in as that feels like the area where I can best give feedback.

I joined Produce Like A Pro before soon asking for my money back. The Reason subforum was dead and things just seemed like it was falling apart (lots of neglected areas - weird for something that people pay for). I never asked for feedback there, but I think that's probably the place to be as that's what people join for. It just wasn't a good fit for me. (I do enjoy Warren's YouTube content though, and I pondering picking up his new book - though I have read probably more than enough on the subject... practice is really what is helping me most at this point).

Anyway, I guess I would ask if anyone here does know of a "Reddit" like place for new music feedback - "Heardit" or something like that? :D
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Ahornberg

17 May 2023

I can only speak for myself. I make and like ambient music, microtonal music, lo-fi and chiptune. So I don't listen to po. rock, techno and all that other genres.

DaveyG

17 May 2023

Ahornberg wrote:
17 May 2023
So I don't listen to po.
I'm with you there. She's easily the most nonsensical Teletubby.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣠⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣶⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⠷⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⠲⣤⣼⣿⣿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢳⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⢱⣌⣻⣿⣿⠀⢠⡶⡄⠀⢀⣤⣈⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣄⠀⠙⢻⣿⠀⠈⠛⠁⠰⠂⠛⢹⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠢⢤⠿⣿⣦⡀⠈⠛⠿⠗⢂⡾⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣩⣿⣿⣷⣶⣶⣶⣏⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢀⣠⣤⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⢹⣿⣿⡿⠛⠛⠛⠛⠿⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣀⠀⠀⠀
⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡟⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⡄
⠈⠻⠟⠉⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠀⠈⠉⠙⠿⢿⣿⡷
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⠙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⣏⣿⣹⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢯⡽⣥⢯⣽⢿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠑⠿⣿⣻⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

18 May 2023

Back in the day (Propellerhead User Forum circa 2008) the music forum was a lively place because we couldn’t believe that fellow users were making such polished stuff in our favorite program.

Today, I don’t think anyone is surprised to hear good stuff made in Reason. The quality of the work doesn’t necessarily mean innovation or creative patching; even the most impressive work may just be a collection of loops lifted from Splice and dropped on the timeline.

I remember the excitement of watching James Bernard reveal a new tip or workflow hack. We had a lot of problems to solve and that made the community and forums very interactive.

Ahornberg

18 May 2023

I remember there was a platform owned by Propellerhead where peole could upload music directly from inside Reason. People could also download multitrack Reason songs and an ad own stuff. I think it was some kind of a collaboration platform. I uploaded some stuff and had a lot of fun on contributing to existing songs. One day, Propellerhead shut it down.

• Information