Objekt has arrived!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sasasch

16 May 2023

I like Object and it is already bought. But I can't get along with the randomizer.
If I start creating a patch from scratch, and then using the randomizer, I mostly get inharmonic results, which even the Analyze+Fix Button not elimates. This happenns in all constellations ( only one Resonator, or 2 or three) without setting extra pitches.
I think the frequncies of each resonators and its filters are completely randomized. Compared to algorithm this behaviour can be avoided by setting the scale to "Fade" instead of linear.
Does anyone have similar expererience or can explain ?

@ REASON STUDIOS : Wouldn't it be a nice feature for object too, to implement a "fading" scale feature like in Algorithm to get better harmonic results, if wished so ?

deeplink
Competition Winner

16 May 2023

sasasch wrote:
16 May 2023
I like Object and it is already bought. But I can't get along with the randomizer.
If I start creating a patch from scratch, and then using the randomizer, I mostly get inharmonic results, which even the Analyze+Fix Button not elimates. This happenns in all constellations ( only one Resonator, or 2 or three) without setting extra pitches.
I think the frequncies of each resonators and its filters are completely randomized. Compared to algorithm this behaviour can be avoided by setting the scale to "Fade" instead of linear.

@ REASON STUDIOS : Wouldn't it be a nice feature for object too, to implement a "fading" scale feature like in Algorithm to get better harmonic results, if wished so ?
I think the Randomizer is best used when built upon an existing patch. The default INIT isn't really going to take you places.

Rather, look out for patches that have interesting Mod Matrix assignments, or perhaps something that uses the Noise Exciter in an interesting way, and then randomize from there.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

sasasch

16 May 2023

No, i dont start with randomizing. I am quite further with my patch and then start randomizing. But what I would say, this happens also on existing patches.

joeyluck

16 May 2023

sasasch wrote:
16 May 2023
Keep in mind that the Randomizer slider can be adjusted in real time while Randomize is active. So I often spend time adjusting the slider first to see if I can find a sound I like, before hitting randomize again for a new seed.

If you are trying to tune something that is very inharmonic which uses several objects, try soloing each object by turning off the others, and tune and fix them individually.

EnochLight

16 May 2023

Also, CTRL/Command+Z is your friend if you randomize something you don't like before trying a new randomize percentage setting or other modifiers. ;) And don't forget to hit the Analyze and Fix after you find something you do like!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

16 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
16 May 2023
Keep in mind that the Randomizer slider can be adjusted in real time while Randomize is active.
That is dope! Great idea and quite simple to implement :clap: :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

16 May 2023

Loque wrote:
16 May 2023
joeyluck wrote:
16 May 2023
Keep in mind that the Randomizer slider can be adjusted in real time while Randomize is active.
That is dope! Great idea and quite simple to implement :clap: :thumbup:
Yeah it's very handy and hopefully it's clear to most people. If you randomize something at say 50% and then want to hear randomization at 20%, you don't need to hit randomize again, you just need to drag the slider down to 20%, because if you do both you're not only getting a new percentage of randomization, you're also getting a new seed.

I hit 'undo' very little because I can just spend time moving the slider. Then I hit 'x' or 'Ok'.

They should redo the randomizer in Algoritm to behave this way. It's much better :thumbup:

EnochLight

16 May 2023

I use undo all of the time, because I'm not a plebe. 😁😘
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

16 May 2023

:lol: :thumbup: :clap:

selig
RE Developer

16 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
16 May 2023
Keep in mind that the Randomizer slider can be adjusted in real time while Randomize is active. So I often spend time adjusting the slider first to see if I can find a sound I like, before hitting randomize again for a new seed.

If you are trying to tune something that is very inharmonic which uses several objects, try soloing each object by turning off the others, and tune and fix them individually.
This is so handy, I covered it in my livestream because I had just seen it in Ryan's video. Even though I tested this device I missed that feature, so my guess is that it is NOT 100% "obvious". But again, SUPER handy, and IMO all similar randomize features should include this way of working if they don't already.
Selig Audio, LLC

sasasch

16 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
16 May 2023

Yeah, these tipps I know from the manual. I have read it :D

But in fact, a more harmonic randomization would also be cool. I dont know if this scale in a physical modelling synth is the same as in FM synthesis. For example, Obj 1 has 2 filters. One has value 1, the second has the value 2 and therefore a double octaved harmonic. Between 1 and 2 must be also harmonic values. So the randomizer should only hit harmonic values and this depending on all other active filters.
May be Reason Studios think about it to make the randomization more flexible ? :)

challism

16 May 2023

Along the lines of randomizing Objekt in real time, I had some fun recording Objekt into MImic as I was sliding the randomizer percentage slider back and forth (like a DJ who is very limited in skills and ideas). Then I took that Mimic recording of the weird real time randomed recording and did some fun Mimic stuff with it. It's an good way to get some unexpected sounds and maybe some inspiration.
sasasch wrote:
16 May 2023
joeyluck wrote:
16 May 2023

Yeah, these tipps I know from the manual. I have read it :D
What? You read manuals? Please be careful spreading those kinds of crazy ideas around this forum. It's dangerous and might get you banned for life. Please refer to the RT forum rules. ;) ~ joking with you
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

rgdaniel

16 May 2023

nickb523 wrote:
16 May 2023
rgdaniel wrote:
15 May 2023

Thanks Nick! I see "Mellow Yellow" is one of these, but which did make it to the final.
Sorry, my mistake! The final unused patch is in fact -

Trippy Thumb Piano - SKP.zip

Cheers!
Awesome, thanks a lot!

Jac459

17 May 2023

I am very happy that reason studios could come up with an instrument that is top class in its category regardless of being an RE or a VST. That and the fact that they fixed all the R12 missing items, I hope they will start to win back users, at least on the RRP... The rack is very good value for money...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

motuscott

17 May 2023

Reason manuals are the best. Not that I've ever read one.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

crimsonwarlock

17 May 2023

Objekt update is in the shop now.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

EnochLight

17 May 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 May 2023
Objekt update is in the shop now.
New in 1.0.3
  • Mid Freq and Mid Freq Gain can now be automated as intended
  • New device thumbnail in the browser
  • Some patches have moved to new categories
  • All Combinator patches now have backdrops
  • Minor graphical adjustments

jfrichards

17 May 2023

I wish they would make a half-height version of Objekt, that would be very useful, especially because I'm using multiple instances per song and need to adjust parameters a lot
half-height view.png
half-height view.png (425.62 KiB) Viewed 4914 times

Ahornberg

17 May 2023

jfrichards wrote:
17 May 2023
I wish they would make a half-height version of Objekt, that would be very useful, especially because I'm using multiple instances per song and need to adjust parameters a lothalf-height view.png
Maybe a combinator can help here?

joeyluck

17 May 2023

EnochLight wrote:
17 May 2023
I see this and I think—easter egg hunt lol

It's small enough to be considered minor, but significant enough to mention. And perhaps significant enough to have to update the thumbnail? 🤔
Looking forward to seeing if I can spot the change(s) :-)

jfrichards

17 May 2023

I want to change Objekt, but Objekt is changing me
Attachments
j and keys.jpg
j and keys.jpg (899.12 KiB) Viewed 4823 times

thedjjudah

17 May 2023

Does anyone think Objekt could replace Algoritm? Or rather, are there sounds that Algoritm could do that Objekt can't?

I just realized that I made a simple plucked string sounding patch with 1 resonating body and 3 overtones. It took me 5 operators in Algoritm to do the same thing. I realize that FM and physical modeling are 2 different ways of making sound, and I THINK that I can make sounds in FM that can't be done with Objekt, but so far I think it is VERY powerful.

Basically wondering if I should sell Algoritm to buy Objekt.

Loque

18 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
17 May 2023
EnochLight wrote:
17 May 2023
I see this and I think—easter egg hunt lol

It's small enough to be considered minor, but significant enough to mention. And perhaps significant enough to have to update the thumbnail? 🤔
Looking forward to seeing if I can spot the change(s) :-)
I can see at least one issue fixed.
Reason12, Win10

Ahornberg

18 May 2023

thedjjudah wrote:
17 May 2023
Does anyone think Objekt could replace Algoritm? Or rather, are there sounds that Algoritm could do that Objekt can't?
Of course, soundwise there's an overlap between Algoritm, Object, and also Parsec. But each synth has it's unique distinct sound characteristics.

Beside this, the abilities to alter sound using all that wonderful FX devices are nearly endless.

At the end, Combinator is your best friend :thumbup:
thedjjudah wrote:
17 May 2023
Basically wondering if I should sell Algoritm to buy Objekt.
Didn't know that it is possible to sell a rack-extension :?

• Information