Objekt has arrived!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
xs23t7x

14 May 2023

fieldframe wrote:
14 May 2023
Think I found a bug (a rather unpleasant one resulting in sudden, high-frequency volume spikes). Where should I send it?
Some instruments have built in limiters. You should submit a support ticket at reasonstudios.com and tell them the problem you had and request a feature to include a built in limiter in a future version of Objekt. The 3 Maia rack extensions for Reason have limiters built in. Hopefully they can add the feature!
Last edited by xs23t7x on 14 May 2023, edited 1 time in total.

jfrichards

14 May 2023

I'm getting sudden mid frequency volume spikes. So far I compensate by reducing the general volume, but that takes away the general impact.

Yonatan

15 May 2023

Wow, from the splendid videos, this synth was so much more than I had expected. Feel Objektifed. ☺️

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

15 May 2023

Do send us a report including a patch if you get very harsh feedback. That said, Objekt can feedback in general since physical modeling algorithms is mostly feedback. It's very dependent on the parameters and is especially likely if there's a lot of resonance at the same frequencies, for example when routing one resonator into another.

The most common cause is when using Dispersion Mod. Bringing down Dispersion Mod and/or Decay generally solves it, and a bit of Pitch Mod can also help combat this. There's more info about that in the manual.

A real pro-tip is routing the Object Envelope Follower source to Decay with a negative amount, then if it feedbacks a lot it pulls down the Decay so it stops feeding back.

challism

15 May 2023

Not sure what I did exactly. I was tweaking the dials of one of Objekt's patches (Foreign Shores) and added the Noise Pulse exciter (and tweaked the knobs a bit). And this is the result. I just love the sound of that exciter! Wow! So cool.

First 13 seconds of the video is without the noise pulse, the rest of the video is with it.

Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

avasopht
Competition Winner

15 May 2023

challism wrote:
15 May 2023
Not sure what I did exactly. I was tweaking the dials of one of Objekt's patches (Foreign Shores) and added the Noise Pulse exciter (and tweaked the knobs a bit). And this is the result. I just love the sound of that exciter! Wow! So cool.

First 13 seconds of the video is without the noise pulse, the rest of the video is with it.

It sounds pretty organic.

What I like about Objekt is that the patches are rich, textured and playable at the same time.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

15 May 2023

A few quick sound sketches. Trying to show the kind of sonic range that Objekt has.
It's absolutely incredible, you have similar capabilities to Thor, but from only 1 "oscillator type", with arguably even more movement in between.

The sketch sounds were made with 1 instance of Objekt and 1 instance of LaunchEon for the random modulations.

martinez71

15 May 2023

If I wanted to put an Objekt patch through an amplitude envelope (ASDR), how could I do that? I feel there's an obvious answer but my brain isn't being obvious.

deeplink
Competition Winner

15 May 2023

martinez71 wrote:
15 May 2023
If I wanted to put an Objekt patch through an amplitude envelope (ASDR), how could I do that? I feel there's an obvious answer but my brain isn't being obvious.
Bring down the exciter impact and use the exciter noise instead
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

15 May 2023

deeplink wrote:
15 May 2023
martinez71 wrote:
15 May 2023
Bring down the exciter impact and use the exciter noise instead
Yeah, this, or alternatively you can use an envelope generator on the gain/volume. There's multiple ways to do this, but Thor and Europa give you the most flexibility, I would think.

martinez71

15 May 2023

I was just trying with Thor, but I couldn't get it to work. Could somebody explain in simple terms?

Audio outputs of Objekt into Audio inputs of Thor.

In the Thor matrix:
Source = Audio Inputs 1 and 2
It's what to do next, with Amount, Destination, Amount and Scale, that I'm struggling with.

Thanks!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

15 May 2023

martinez71 wrote:
15 May 2023
I was just trying with Thor, but I couldn't get it to work. Could somebody explain in simple terms?

Audio outputs of Objekt into Audio inputs of Thor.

In the Thor matrix:
Source = Audio Inputs 1 and 2
It's what to do next, with Amount, Destination, Amount and Scale, that I'm struggling with.

Thanks!
nah, nah, nah...

You want to use CV to control a vol/gain somewhere in the path, this is a basic example:

Add a Thor, a 14:2 mixer, and combine it with the Objekt.
Cable the Objekt to the mixer, and the Mixer to the Combi.
Switch off all of the Thor oscillaters and filters (set the types to bypass). Disconnect the Thor audio ports.
Cable the Thor CV1 Out to the mixer channel level CV In.
In the Thor Matrix, add Amp Envelope >> 100 >> CV Out 1
Set the Mixer channel volume to 0 - so it opens when the envelope cv says so :)

Enjoy,
Brian

martinez71

15 May 2023

Ahhhhhhh!

I am indebted to you, kind sir.

Thank you!

nickb523
RE Developer

15 May 2023

Thought it would be good to share these as they aren't being used elsewhere. Here are 5 patches that ended up on the cutting room floor during patch creation...

Objekt- Cutting Room Floor - SKP.zip
(16.03 KiB) Downloaded 230 times

Enjoy!

Nick @ SKP

Crumbfort

15 May 2023

Picked up Objekt (as I knew I would, hah!) a couple days ago. This has to be my favorite Reason instrument in quite some time. Sounds FANTASTIC, has a very intuitive layout, has great depth of control but is still quite approachable.. Well done, Reason Studios!
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

Oper-8

15 May 2023

@challism : Awesome !
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

Loque

15 May 2023

I am really a sucker in programming physical modeled synths, but the randomizer feature is really good and helps to create my own sounds based on templates or presets while you can keep the original character or go beyond sanity. Well done 👍
Reason12, Win10

rgdaniel

15 May 2023

nickb523 wrote:
15 May 2023
Thought it would be good to share these as they aren't being used elsewhere. Here are 5 patches that ended up on the cutting room floor during patch creation...
Thanks Nick! I see "Mellow Yellow" is one of these, but which did make it to the final.

Faastwalker

15 May 2023

Has anyone identified the patches used in the Objekt teaser video amongst the patches that come with the device? Wondered if they are in there 🤔

StephenHutchinson

15 May 2023

Objekt Combinator Text Misalignment

I'm loving Objekt... pretty amazing instrument. I was having a go at some of the combinators, because there are so many little dodads to look at, I increased the application zoom to 240 and found that the "O" in Objekt is slightly skewed on the right side:

Objekt Combinator Text Misalignment.jpg
Objekt Combinator Text Misalignment.jpg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 6136 times
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

Loque

15 May 2023

StephenHutchinson wrote:
15 May 2023

I'm loving Objekt... pretty amazing instrument. I was having a go at some of the combinators, because there are so many little dodads to look at, I increased the application zoom to 240 and found that the "O" in Objekt is slightly skewed on the right side:

Maybe it is the "Oh" in Objekt 😏
Reason12, Win10

jfrichards

15 May 2023

I feel that Objekt is starting to fly by itself, higher than the eXode Massive Refil.
All the instruments in my studio are dancing:

StephenHutchinson

15 May 2023

Loque wrote:
15 May 2023
StephenHutchinson wrote:
15 May 2023

Maybe it is the "Oh" in Objekt 😏
A-ha! IT MUST BE!.. Of course... Ohhhhhhhhhhh bbbbbbb jjjjjjjjekkkkkkkkkttttttttttttt... :D
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

nickb523
RE Developer

16 May 2023

rgdaniel wrote:
15 May 2023

Thanks Nick! I see "Mellow Yellow" is one of these, but which did make it to the final.
Sorry, my mistake! The final unused patch is in fact -

Trippy Thumb Piano - SKP.zip
(3.33 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

Cheers!

arnigretar

16 May 2023

nickb523 wrote:
15 May 2023

Objekt- Cutting Room Floor - SKP.zip

Enjoy!

Nick @ SKP
Thanks!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

• Information