Reason 8.1 users only... Drop to Prop: using it or not?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Vesterager
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Jan 2015

I'm using it (Discover) but when I try to delete a song it never seems to work.

User avatar
jfrichards
Posts: 1171
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: New York

Post 24 Jan 2015

Vesterager wrote:I'm using it (Discover) but when I try to delete a song it never seems to work.
I've tried to delete many times but it doesn't work.  For now I put them on private for that. I have a private trash can.

User avatar
Vesterager
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Jan 2015

Vesterager wrote:I'm using it (Discover) but when I try to delete a song it never seems to work.
jfrichards wrote:
I've tried to delete many times but it doesn't work.  For now I put them on private for that. I have a private trash can.
Since I'm only using it to share with my jamming buds everything is set to private...haha it's all trash!

User avatar
ryanharlin
Reason Studios
Posts: 214
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

Post 24 Jan 2015

Inadvertently I've ended up with a new music making challenge I play using Drop to Prop.

I'll find a Take song I like and produce it. The only requirement is that I can only work on it for one evening. I can't wake up the next day and keep going on it. I didn't consciously come up with that self-imposed rule in advance. I just started doing that but it's become really cool for me because I tend to obsess too much on details and perfection. And that's stagnating. It doesn't make me do better much, just LESS music. This forces me to just do it and put it out there in a low stakes way and it's been the most creative period I've head in years.

This was last night's track.

http://phead.mu/s/WkwgxQnG


If you listen, also click the "based on" link to hear the original. It's much slower, not tempo locked, but still a great performance so that's what drew me to it.

User avatar
jfrichards
Posts: 1171
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: New York

Post 24 Jan 2015

ryanharlin wrote:...This was last night's track.
http://phead.mu/s/WkwgxQnG
If you listen, also click the "based on" link to hear the original. It's much slower, not tempo locked, but still a great performance so that's what drew me to it.
Lovely piece, exactly what John and Yoko wanted to do after the Beatles.  I'm not up to whole evenings yet.  I'm doing what I can in 20 minutes then uploading for now: 
http://phead.mu/s/c8j9azgs

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: SixtyTen and 1 guest