Objekt has arrived!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
fieldframe
RE Developer

12 May 2023

jfrichards wrote:
12 May 2023
scotward57 wrote:
12 May 2023
I started messing around with the external in feature. Now that is a game changer in and of itself!
Inspirational to say the least. It has inspired me to paint my keyboard.

martinez71

12 May 2023

Having bought it yesterday, I've been working on a track using Objekt only (plus effects here and there) that currently has 18 instances of Objekt, on a PC (i5-4590 3.30GHz, 16GB RAM, Win10), and it's registering two-to-three bars on the CPU usage thingie.

To be fair, I think 15 of them are in monophonic mode, which seems to help.

Here is a scrappy version of it:

wendylou

13 May 2023

jfrichards wrote:
12 May 2023
Does Objekt have any drum patterns like Octorex?
I've been driving Objekt with CV from BeatMap, etc.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

crimsonwarlock

13 May 2023

I was impressed by the demos and videos. Now trialing, but still a bit underwhelmed. I'm mainly interested in guitar-like sounds (acoustic and electric), and the very few presets in this regard are not impressive in any way. Objekt seems to be built for such sounds, and I was expecting a whole bunch of show-off examples. For this, it doesn't sound incredibly better than Friktion so far.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

joeyluck

13 May 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
13 May 2023
I was impressed by the demos and videos. Now trialing, but still a bit underwhelmed. I'm mainly interested in guitar-like sounds (acoustic and electric), and the very few presets in this regard are not impressive in any way. Objekt seems to be built for such sounds, and I was expecting a whole bunch of show-off examples. For this, it doesn't sound incredibly better than Friktion so far.
IMO the "Bass Aqoustic" patch is a better upright bass than the patches in Friktion. Doesn't mean Friktion isn't capable of better upright bass patches.

This is still very early for Objekt. It's capable of so much. I'm guessing less attention went into making as many traditional string instrument presets because Friktion exists. That doesn't mean it isn't capable of great guitar sounds.

I'm looking forward to the sounds people discover they can create with Objekt. I feel like what's there in the presets is just scratching the surface.

tanni

13 May 2023

I bought Objekt yesterday and played with it for a few hours. The sounds are very impressive. Really very lively and dynamic, a great synth. The operation and the sweet spot are once again very well hit. The parameters are very well matched. I'm excited about it. CPU consumption is low for what it can do. Well done :thumbup:

Popey
Competition Winner

13 May 2023

what i am liking so much is the way you can create a sound with the modal and then add so much unique and different character introducing the objeckt.

imo there are going to be loads of interesting sounds made with this. Talking of which here are more of my weird experimentations so far
Attachments
Objekt Patches & Combi.zip
(29.09 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

Ottostrom

13 May 2023

martinez71 wrote:
12 May 2023
Having bought it yesterday, I've been working on a track using Objekt only (plus effects here and there) that currently has 18 instances of Objekt, on a PC (i5-4590 3.30GHz, 16GB RAM, Win10), and it's registering two-to-three bars on the CPU usage thingie.

Very nice track! :thumbs_up:

Ottostrom

13 May 2023

Popey wrote:
13 May 2023
what i am liking so much is the way you can create a sound with the modal and then add so much unique and different character introducing the objeckt.

imo there are going to be loads of interesting sounds made with this. Talking of which here are more of my weird experimentations so far
This is exactly what I was thinking too as I just made 3 new patches from just trying to learn the device :-)
Got something very musical going with the modal module and then it was really easy to expand into very unique sounds by feeding that as the input for Object 1.
The patches react so lively to your playing that it's definitely easier to get inspired IMO

Thanks for sharing your patches, I'll check them out!

crimsonwarlock

13 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
13 May 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
13 May 2023
IMO the "Bass Aqoustic" patch is a better upright bass than the patches in Friktion. Doesn't mean Friktion isn't capable of better upright bass patches.

This is still very early for Objekt. It's capable of so much. I'm guessing less attention went into making as many traditional string instrument presets because Friktion exists. That doesn't mean it isn't capable of great guitar sounds.

I'm looking forward to the sounds people discover they can create with Objekt. I feel like what's there in the presets is just scratching the surface.
That upright bass patch blew me away. It certainly shows the promise of what's possible with Objekt. I agree, the presets so far are scratching the surface. But from my perspective of looking for (mostly electric) guitar emulations, it doesn't really sell the instrument to me. However, I just played around shortly with all the presets, I still have to dive into tweaking/patching sounds. I'll see where that will get me :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

bernardh

13 May 2023

robussc wrote:
12 May 2023
MuttReason wrote:
12 May 2023

It seems to vary by patch, and I’ve only noticed a big CPU hit when I play really big 6-8 note chords. I assume that some of the patches have a lot going on while others are simpler, and if you then hit multiple voices at once (ie big chords) there is some pretty intense computation involved.

That said, a 12 year old laptop is probably pushing it for a lot of contemporary DAW stock devices and third party plugins. Reason devices have always been super efficient in CPU terms (especially the older devices like Thor) but these newer Reason devices and third party REs seem to demand more. FYI I’m measuring the load for each device using the Options / Show CPU load in the menu (may not be called exactly that but that’s the gist of it).

I guess you can only give it a go but don’t be surprised if a 2011 laptop struggles with a 2023 complex modelling plugin. May be OK, maybe not… can only try!
I’m using it on an iMac from 2009 and it’s fine. Barely registering on the CPU like pretty much every Reason device and unlike almost every VST!.
That's great news! Sounds like some of the pads are a bit processor intensive but it's not the norm, from what you're saying most patches are the usual CPU-efficient Reason Studios genius.

Loque

13 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
13 May 2023
Not sure how much software was presented at Superbooth, but Objekt made Music Radar's 'Best of Superbooth' list, as "Best Software"

https://www.musicradar.com/news/superbo ... s-and-more
Impressive! :clap: :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

14 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
13 May 2023
Not sure how much software was presented at Superbooth, but Objekt made Music Radar's 'Best of Superbooth' list, as "Best Software"

Well deserved. It’s amazing. :clap:

mimidancer

14 May 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
13 May 2023
it is a texture thing I would use as a layer on a multi-sound patch. Also, I love friction.

DaveyG

14 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
13 May 2023

That's a great result but I wonder how many people then go "What???? I need to buy a $500 DAW to use it????" Sure there is the subscription but RS desperately need to find a way for people to be able to buy and use a single RE. If they don't want to give away a lite version of the Rack then maybe they should make a VST/AU wrapper that can host a single RE. They would sell a lot more synths and they would be able to get more reviews in the music mags.

arnigretar

14 May 2023

Finally got time to watch Ryan's video. Great stuff from the man. Is there a live video event also in the mix?
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Tiny Montgomery

14 May 2023

I cannot believe how good the drum kits sound using Beatmap as a source with some tweaking and saturation with Sadist. Same goes for the bass using BLG as source midi. Started a track using a pluck or bell sound as I'm sure many will, but then wondered how far I'd get if I continued to use Objekt for the bass and drums etc and now thinking of just keeping the bass & drums as they sound so amazing.

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

14 May 2023

arnigretar wrote:
14 May 2023
Finally got time to watch Ryan's video. Great stuff from the man. Is there a live video event also in the mix?
Yes. We haven’t announced it yet but I’ll do so here I guess. Mattias and I will livestream Thursday May 25th at the usual time. 10am Pacific, 19:00 Europe.

A little longer from release than usual but I came over for superbooth and I’m going back to Stockholm this next week for headquarters hangouts. Once I’m back in the US livestream studio, we’ll get one out there for people.

Tiny Montgomery

14 May 2023

martinez71 wrote:
12 May 2023

Thats a nice balearic track you have there :thumbs_up:

syncanonymous

14 May 2023

good crikey, I still don't have Parsec!
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

14 May 2023

syncanonymous wrote:
14 May 2023
That was 10 years ago!

Faastwalker

14 May 2023

ryanharlin wrote:
14 May 2023
syncanonymous wrote:
14 May 2023
That was 10 years ago!
Is it 10 years old already?! :shock: Wow! Didn't think it came out that long ago. Still a fantastic synth. I love Parsec 2.

arnigretar

14 May 2023

ryanharlin wrote:
14 May 2023
arnigretar wrote:
14 May 2023
Yes. We haven’t announced it yet but I’ll do so here I guess. Mattias and I will livestream Thursday May 25th at the usual time. 10am Pacific, 19:00 Europe.

A little longer from release than usual but I came over for superbooth and I’m going back to Stockholm this next week for headquarters hangouts. Once I’m back in the US livestream studio, we’ll get one out there for people.
Brilliant :clap: see you guys there!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

fieldframe
RE Developer

14 May 2023

Think I found a bug (a rather unpleasant one resulting in sudden, high-frequency volume spikes). Where should I send it?

• Information