[solved] Umpf 1.0.1 not M1 compatible?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ohmygoff

13 May 2023

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering - I just got an Apple M1 MacBook Air, and whenever I try to start up Reason, I'm told to sync the RE licenses because Umpf 1.0.1 needs newer code, but in the Authorizer Umpf is still the only RE that says "Intel" instead of "Apple/Intel". Doesn't seem to update anything.

Bug?

joeyluck

13 May 2023

Which Umpf?

Club Drums is on version 1.0.4
Retro Drums is on version 1.0.3

Keep in mind that many updates have been optional via shop checkout, even free ones. This was a request by many users so that performing a Sync All wouldn't automatically update a RE to the latest version, if it's preferred to stay on the current version.

On the Reason Studios side, they have provided an Apple Silicon compatible version for the latest version of each RE. So you need to be on the latest version of each RE, including those that require action in the shop.

My guess is that the Umpf RE that you have needs to be chosen to be updated in the shop?

ohmygoff

13 May 2023

You live, you learn - I always thought that "sync all" would bring all REs up to their most recent version... :)

It was indeed a missing update from the shop. Thanks for the quick response.

joeyluck

13 May 2023

Yeah and it's actually useful that way. It's a way of saying "sync all of what I have, the way I have it". What we still need is a selective Sync All...

If anything, I guess it's a decent way users are being informed that they haven't been on the latest version of certain REs. So then you might go in and look at release notes to learn what has changed, that you otherwise might not have thought to look for.

What they really need is a separate function for downloading all REs for Apple Silicon. Companion has an upgrade all option, which I think primarily targets upgrading them to hi-res? I haven't clicked that because I don't need all my REs in hi-res at the cost of so much disk space...

Or the prompt should be a little more informative about shop action being required for an update.

Fraxis

16 May 2023

Just to be clear - does this mean I now need to constantly review all my REs on my product page to see if there's an update that is available - but it's not forcing me to take? Or can I always rely on the Companion app to flag up the latest version available?

deeplink
Competition Winner

16 May 2023

Fraxis wrote:
16 May 2023
Just to be clear - does this mean I now need to constantly review all my REs on my product page to see if there's an update that is available - but it's not forcing me to take? Or can I always rely on the Companion app to flag up the latest version available?
Companion App shows which RE's can be updated (they usually sit at the top of the list)
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Fraxis

16 May 2023

deeplink wrote:
16 May 2023
Fraxis wrote:
16 May 2023
Companion App shows which RE's can be updated (they usually sit at the top of the list)
Thanks. That's what I thought, but thanks for confirming.

• Information