Objekt has arrived!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

12 May 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
12 May 2023
Where are the exciters?
Reason12, Win10

Jaybignoise

12 May 2023

Hi, someone can help me maybe ? I download the trial version check, trial activation check, sync of the RE check, but, i can't find the Objekt when I open Reason ('im on Reason 11 Suite).

Any help will be appreciated.
:reason: My path that led me here : Reason 2.5, Reason 5, Reason 11 Suite, Reason 12 :refill: Too huge to list here

Popey
Competition Winner

12 May 2023

jam-s wrote:
11 May 2023
Popey wrote:
11 May 2023
I was wondering if you could send stuff from outside of the RRP (eg an audio track in live) but off the top of my head cannot think of any rs device in the rrp that would receive the audio and then be able to patch to the audio in of objekt. It's not a problem as I will just use rs devices for this.
If should be easy to do when using the FX style RRP by simply connecting the audio input to the exciter input of Objekt.
Good idea, thank you

Must admit I got engrossed in learning this type of synthesis last night and forget to test this.

will try this tonight (as well as seeing if I can automate the randomizer)

Aosta

12 May 2023

Jaybignoise wrote:
12 May 2023
Hi, someone can help me maybe ? I download the trial version check, trial activation check, sync of the RE check, but, i can't find the Objekt when I open Reason ('im on Reason 11 Suite).

Have you looked in Reason Devices rather than Built in Devices in the menu?
Tend the flame

tobypearce

12 May 2023

Objekt is almost unbelievably good.
I was expecting it to have some excellent sounds.
I wasn't ready for how easy it is to change them, or how intuitive it is to do so.
I also wasn't expecting how good it appears to be at making 'regular' sounds. The Dance Organ patch, out of the box, sounds so similar to the original and infamous Korg M1 patch. But then you can tweak it so easily. The exciter section allows transient shaping, which is so important for getting patches like this to sit well in a mix.
Making primarily dance music, I always keep coming back to subtractive synths as the best way to design sounds, but Objekt offers a different lens.
Being based on physical sounds, with an exciter and resonators, it seems to work in a very musical way.
Bravo RS!
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Jaybignoise

12 May 2023

Aosta wrote:
12 May 2023
Jaybignoise wrote:
12 May 2023

Hi, do i really have to answer this ? :lol: Thank you for taking your time to try to help me :-)

On my account the RE is on list noted as a "trial, times out on June 10, 2023, 8:48 p.m.", the sync is done but no trace in Reason 11... Very strange.

JayBignoise "No trial, no buy"
:reason: My path that led me here : Reason 2.5, Reason 5, Reason 11 Suite, Reason 12 :refill: Too huge to list here

Aosta

12 May 2023

Jaybignoise wrote:
12 May 2023
Hi, do i really have to answer this ? :lol: Thank you for taking your time to try to help me :-)
Well you never know :thumbup:

Here is a little play around I've had with this, all sounds are from Objekt with the addition of a DR1 reverb on some tracks.
I love that Bass Aqoustic 1 patch!

This RE is wonderful! :clap:

Tend the flame

WasteLand

12 May 2023

Jaybignoise wrote:
12 May 2023
Aosta wrote:
12 May 2023

On my account the RE is on list noted as a "trial, times out on June 10, 2023, 8:48 p.m.", the sync is done but no trace in Reason 11... Very strange.

JayBignoise "No trial, no buy"
download, do not use sync. sync is broken. does not.work.as before, when. since months.
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

w1pl0c

12 May 2023

Okay legit question... The Init/Reset patch default. is it quiet for anyone else? I feel like the first thing im trying to do every time is make this thing louder? Is that one of Ryans Easter Eggs?

Jaybignoise

12 May 2023

WasteLand wrote:
12 May 2023
download, do not use sync. sync is broken. does not.work.as before, when. since months.
Thank you, it's done like you say, but not more success :?

JayBignoise "I give up"

bernardh

12 May 2023

MuttReason wrote:
11 May 2023
4) I think it's time for a new MacBook. I'm on an Intel MacBook Pro (2018 model) which normally just shrugs off anything I throw at it in the Reason DAW... but some of these patches are loading over 30% of CPU in a *single* instance of Objekt when I play a big fat 6-note chord. Gulp. No surprise really... complex modelling is computationally intensive I guess. Good job we now finally have the native M1 build out because I think I'm now that much closer to jumping on the M1/M2 bandwagon.
I am currently away traveling, but when I return, I plan to try out Objekt.

One of the main reasons I'm intrigued by it is because I want to use it as a native alternative to the SWAM modelled saxophone and flute VSTs.

My MacBook is a late 2011 model, so it's getting quite old now. However, it can still handle a considerable number of Europas and an excessive amount of Thors.

Do you think my MacBook will be capable of playing the sax and flute patches on Objekt, or is this new instrument very CPU intensive regardless of the patch being used?

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

12 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
11 May 2023

Ok I'm home from work now and I think I found the rest :D
Yep! you got 'em all!!

Loque

12 May 2023

ryanharlin wrote:
12 May 2023
joeyluck wrote:
11 May 2023

Ok I'm home from work now and I think I found the rest :D
Yep! you got 'em all!!
You are nuts. I mean, both... :clap: :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

12 May 2023

Loque wrote:
12 May 2023
Faastwalker wrote:
12 May 2023
Where are the exciters?
Maybe Matias has got them? I noticed he was wearing an Objekt T-shirt in the Sound on Sound Objekt video;

…….. not sure about the colour. But good to see the Objekt T :thumbs_up:

raymondh

12 May 2023

The enthusiasm in this thread is infectious. Just bought it based on all your views :) Can't wait to try it!

raymondh

12 May 2023

Just wow!! What an incredible synth! It sounds so alive and organic!

_andreypetr_

12 May 2023

Have to say that Macro controls that are set to bipolar should snap and reset to middle. Now Bipolar Macro controls resets to 0.

MuttReason

12 May 2023

bernardh wrote:
12 May 2023
MuttReason wrote:
11 May 2023
4) I think it's time for a new MacBook. I'm on an Intel MacBook Pro (2018 model) which normally just shrugs off anything I throw at it in the Reason DAW... but some of these patches are loading over 30% of CPU in a *single* instance of Objekt when I play a big fat 6-note chord. Gulp. No surprise really... complex modelling is computationally intensive I guess. Good job we now finally have the native M1 build out because I think I'm now that much closer to jumping on the M1/M2 bandwagon.

One of the main reasons I'm intrigued by it is because I want to use it as a native alternative to the SWAM modelled saxophone and flute VSTs.

My MacBook is a late 2011 model, so it's getting quite old now. However, it can still handle a considerable number of Europas and an excessive amount of Thors.

Do you think my MacBook will be capable of playing the sax and flute patches on Objekt, or is this new instrument very CPU intensive regardless of the patch being used?
It seems to vary by patch, and I’ve only noticed a big CPU hit when I play really big 6-8 note chords. I assume that some of the patches have a lot going on while others are simpler, and if you then hit multiple voices at once (ie big chords) there is some pretty intense computation involved.

That said, a 12 year old laptop is probably pushing it for a lot of contemporary DAW stock devices and third party plugins. Reason devices have always been super efficient in CPU terms (especially the older devices like Thor) but these newer Reason devices and third party REs seem to demand more. FYI I’m measuring the load for each device using the Options / Show CPU load in the menu (may not be called exactly that but that’s the gist of it).

I guess you can only give it a go but don’t be surprised if a 2011 laptop struggles with a 2023 complex modelling plugin. May be OK, maybe not… can only try!

scotward57

12 May 2023

I admit that while Objekt has a much better interface than Logic Sculpture, I wasn't all that blown away......UNTIL I started messing around with the external in feature. Now that is a game changer in and of itself!

jfrichards

12 May 2023

scotward57 wrote:
12 May 2023
I started messing around with the external in feature. Now that is a game changer in and of itself!
Inspirational to say the least. It has inspired me to paint my keyboard.
Attachments
red keys sm.jpg
red keys sm.jpg (887.33 KiB) Viewed 5900 times

robussc

12 May 2023

tobypearce wrote:
12 May 2023
Objekt is almost unbelievably good.
I was expecting it to have some excellent sounds.
I wasn't ready for how easy it is to change them, or how intuitive it is to do so.
I also wasn't expecting how good it appears to be at making 'regular' sounds. The Dance Organ patch, out of the box, sounds so similar to the original and infamous Korg M1 patch. But then you can tweak it so easily. The exciter section allows transient shaping, which is so important for getting patches like this to sit well in a mix.
Making primarily dance music, I always keep coming back to subtractive synths as the best way to design sounds, but Objekt offers a different lens.
Being based on physical sounds, with an exciter and resonators, it seems to work in a very musical way.
Bravo RS!
Agreed, I was initially skeptical, but Ryan’s demo illustrated how expressive it could be and then I tried the real thing and wow. Acoustic instruments sound incredibly lifelike, and then there’s all the other sounds it can make too.

I didn't think I needed another synth but they got me. :)
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

robussc

12 May 2023

MuttReason wrote:
12 May 2023
bernardh wrote:
12 May 2023

It seems to vary by patch, and I’ve only noticed a big CPU hit when I play really big 6-8 note chords. I assume that some of the patches have a lot going on while others are simpler, and if you then hit multiple voices at once (ie big chords) there is some pretty intense computation involved.

That said, a 12 year old laptop is probably pushing it for a lot of contemporary DAW stock devices and third party plugins. Reason devices have always been super efficient in CPU terms (especially the older devices like Thor) but these newer Reason devices and third party REs seem to demand more. FYI I’m measuring the load for each device using the Options / Show CPU load in the menu (may not be called exactly that but that’s the gist of it).

I guess you can only give it a go but don’t be surprised if a 2011 laptop struggles with a 2023 complex modelling plugin. May be OK, maybe not… can only try!
I’m using it on an iMac from 2009 and it’s fine. Barely registering on the CPU like pretty much every Reason device and unlike almost every VST!.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

motuscott

12 May 2023

Did Mattias say for 109yo's who have a Reason license!?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

jfrichards

12 May 2023

Does Objekt have any drum patterns like Octorex?

• Information