(melodic techy bouncy techno/house type thing) Resampled Idenitity

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

07 May 2023

a kind of techno, tech house melodic thing - basically just my style that probably steps over a number of genre's

I need to finish this properly with fresh ears so any comments and critique appreciated as right now it sounds bangin but i am quite drunk.

Really tried to be less shy with reverb and concentrated on this area after comments by chizmata (thank you - really helpful).

mimidancer

07 May 2023

Popey wrote:
07 May 2023
a kind of techno, tech house melodic thing - basically just my style that probably steps over a number of genre's

I need to finish this properly with fresh ears so any comments and critique appreciated as right now it sounds bangin but i am quite drunk.

Really tried to be less shy with reverb and concentrated on this area after comments by chizmata (thank you - really helpful).

it feels like riding in a car with the top down and the heater turned all the way up at 3 am.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

08 May 2023

Cool stuff. I like a lot the timbre of the bass entering at 1:00. What did you use?

Popey
Competition Winner

08 May 2023

mimidancer wrote:
07 May 2023
Popey wrote:
07 May 2023

it feels like riding in a car with the top down and the heater turned all the way up at 3 am.
Thanks mimi, hope you enjoyed it.

Popey
Competition Winner

08 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
08 May 2023
Cool stuff. I like a lot the timbre of the bass entering at 1:00. What did you use?
Thanks Quarmat :thumbs_up:

The bass is made up of a very simple sub layer using sublab (up to 120hz) and then the top bass (where the timbre is) is a rolling 16th note pattern. This is created in serum with two square wavetables with one playing an octave above the other wavetable (one is set to -1, one is set to zero and the sub osc is +1 octave).

Wavetables i used are ones that have come with preset packs i have bought - one from the Pro1 synth in osc B and one from the sub 37 synth in osc A. I am assuming you will get similar results from other wavetables.

The amp and filter envelopes are really plucky (0.5ms attack, 447ms delay, no sustain, 15ms release for the amp env and 0.5ms attack,383ms delay, no sustain and 108ms for the release on the filter env.

I then also used the sub section of serum and added a square wave here 1 octave up. All oscs including the sub osc went to the low pass 18 filter which was modulated by the filter env. The two wavetable positions (osc A and B) were slightly modulated with a quarter note lfo set as a triangle.

This then all passed through the tube distortion fx in serum (quite wet mix about 75% wet)

This top bass was highpassed at 120hz and then a bit of masterbus compression added.

using the above should get you in the ballpark and hope its helpful.

JC1

08 May 2023

Nice track Popey, I like it. My friend hits the decks with this sort of stuff. Good melody and progression from start to finish, listened all the way through (and it's hard for me to do that a lot of times 😂) so it kept me in there.

Good job mate, post some more! ✌️
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

RTFX

08 May 2023

Summer-vibes Festival galore!
Well picked sounds. Good eqd and glued.
Maybe give the kick a bit more space in the subrange. K sounds slightly muzzled towards the end. Or maybe layering with a snare or clap or rim so its cuts bit better thru.
But bro, im hairsplitting now, really tbh.
Is missed the phoscyon, but you cant eat cake everyday. Or can you haha.
Would fit well in a sunkissed dj set somewhere this summer☀️
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

danc

08 May 2023

Thumbs up on this one Popey. Positive and driving vibes - could easily imagine this in a Summer club mix.
Check my Soundcloud:

Popey
Competition Winner

08 May 2023

Thanks for the feedback and positive comments everyone, I appreciate it.

Here is the updated version which i guess is done but still open to feedback.

Chizmata

15 May 2023

Popey wrote:
08 May 2023

very pleasant tech house track overall. there is not much separating it from top quality imo, but i would name the somewhat clunky breaks which could be a bit flowier (maybe some add extra notes/delay fx) and a little lack of air (12-12.5 khz boost).

Popey
Competition Winner

15 May 2023

Chizmata wrote:
15 May 2023
Popey wrote:
08 May 2023

very pleasant tech house track overall. there is not much separating it from top quality imo, but i would name the somewhat clunky breaks which could be a bit flowier (maybe some add extra notes/delay fx) and a little lack of air (12-12.5 khz boost).
Thanks for listening and the feedback. I will definitely take this on board. Appreciate it 👍

Mattvank

18 May 2023

Unexcided in a positive way. Solid and traditionell made with nice ,,slow attack Mono Synths Sounds´´ :)

• Information