iZotope not supported on macOS 13 Ventura

Discuss VST stuff here!
wendylou

27 Nov 2022

After upgrading to macOS Ventura 13.0.1, my iZotope VSTs were still working in Reason 12... until recently. I couldn't get Reason or Logic to complete their VST plug-in scans, despite this previously working in Ventura, despite iZotope stating that their products are not yet supported on macOS 13 Ventura. Not sure if a recent update with Reason or macOS caused this, but it broke badly. I reinstalled macOS Ventura twice, then did a file migration from my Time Machine backups, but no joy. Then, I noticed I lost my Reason license on the computer and had to remedy that in my Reason Studios account. I finally was able to get a plug-in scan to complete in Reason and Logic and identify that iZotope Relay.vst and Tonal Balance Control 2.vst were crashing.

Only after all this and filing a ticket with iZotope did I locate their macOS Ventura incompatibility notice. Interestingly, Ozone 8 VST still works fine in Reason on Ventura. It's just Relay and Tonal Balance Control 2 VSTs that are crashing. And this all may have happened after purchasing Ozone 10 Advanced (which is VST3-only, so unused in Reason at the moment). On the off-chance that that did something, I used Time Machine to restore those troublesome VSTs back to a date before I bought and installed Ozone 10, which did allow me to finally complete the plug-in scans in Logic and Reason, only to then ID these specific VSTs that were crashing,

Has anyone else been successful in using the Tonal Balance Control 2 VST on Ventura? I'm not sure why all was well, initially, but it clearly went bad later. I realize VST3 support is in beta and coming soon, so hopefully, iZotope eventually supports Ventura.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

kuhliloach

28 Nov 2022

Ventura 13.0.1 hey there- mine is working. Tonal Balance 2 VST opens in Reason. Ableton too. But most importantly it all works in Logic natively without needing Rosetta. This is on an M1 Mac.

wendylou

21 Jan 2023

kuhliloach wrote:
28 Nov 2022
Ventura 13.0.1 hey there- mine is working. Tonal Balance 2 VST opens in Reason. Ableton too. But most importantly it all works in Logic natively without needing Rosetta. This is on an M1 Mac.
Ya, my iZotope plugins were working, too, initially, on my Intel iMac, but the they stopped later... I believe right after I updated an iZotope plugin. Since my original post, I have been able to get them to work again by adding them back in slowly and testing Reason, but then the next day, Reason flags them as bad again, so I have to remove them to open Reason. I've gone through this process over several days where I can get them to work, but eventually they fail again. It has something to do in macOS Ventura because I found a YT video showing a very elaborate code hack using Terminal, Restore OS mode, and replacing two altered version of macOS core files, but I'm not sure I want to go down that road if Apple addresses this properly later. iZotope still has a page confirming that their plugins are incompatible with macOS Ventura, so now we wait.

kuhliloach

24 Jan 2023

wendylou wrote:
21 Jan 2023
kuhliloach wrote:
28 Nov 2022
Ya, my iZotope plugins were working, too, initially, on my Intel iMac, but the they stopped later... I believe right after I updated an iZotope plugin. Since my original post, I have been able to get them to work again by adding them back in slowly and testing Reason, but then the next day, Reason flags them as bad again, so I have to remove them to open Reason. I've gone through this process over several days where I can get them to work, but eventually they fail again. It has something to do in macOS Ventura because I found a YT video showing a very elaborate code hack using Terminal, Restore OS mode, and replacing two altered version of macOS core files, but I'm not sure I want to go down that road if Apple addresses this properly later. iZotope still has a page confirming that their plugins are incompatible with macOS Ventura, so now we wait.
Just repaired another Ventura 13.1 issue concerning Izotope. In this case Nectar instances were causing export to fail mid-render in Ableton, which took a bit to figure out. I then noticed in the Izotope portal that Nectar was showing as being Install-able, as if it were never installed. After re-installing the crash issue went away.

dvdrtldg

24 Jan 2023

Anyone using the RX plugins in Ventura? Any issues there?

iTrensharo

24 Jan 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
24 Jan 2023
Anyone using the RX plugins in Ventura? Any issues there?
Yes. They're fine. I do think the ARA2 plug-ins run via Rosetta 2, though. I read somewhere that ARA2 is still not M1 Native.

Some Intel plug-ins (e.g. Serato Sampler) are quite buggy/glitchy when run out of process in an M1 Native DAW like Logic Pro (and aren't VST3, so unusable in any others unless they have a solution for hosting Intel VST2 plug-ins out of process - like Bitwig Studio).

wendylou

14 Mar 2023

I found this disheartening news that may explain why iZotope remains officially incompatible with macOS Ventura (they may not have anyone working on the issue following layoffs):
Soundwide, parent of Native Instruments and iZotope, lays off approximately 8% of staff
Peter Kirn - January 27, 2023

Soundwide on Wednesday laid off approximately 8% of their employees, across their stable of brands. That means at least one major music technology company follows layoffs in tech and media starting this year.

A source inside the company initially described the cuts as far-reaching.

Soundwide has responded to confirm the cuts but says there are no changes to product offerings and that customers will be unaffected. In practice, only you customers can say how that will play out. I can say that on an anecdotal level, I’ve talked to workers in other industries where cuts impacted customer support and quality assurance; it’s just hard for cuts not to impact customers.

jam-s

14 Mar 2023

I'd expect the lay offs would rather be in the marketing, customer support and accounting departments as those could be the first departments to be consolidated after a merger.

wendylou

06 May 2023

6 months and not counting on iZotope for Ventura...

iZoNope Ventura.jpg
iZoNope Ventura.jpg (711.32 KiB) Viewed 1152 times

• Information