[STOCK] Scratch

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Dirt Bike Boy

06 May 2023

Hi All

Having been inspired by others, I've made my First Combinator.

'Scratch' as its' name suggests, is designed to add scratch type effects to your creations.
(requires Quad Note Generator player)
Scratch Screenshot.png
Scratch Screenshot.png (82.13 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
It has 3 modes:-

AUTO
Click the button and it will auto generate Scratch effects

MANUAL
Turning the 'Auto' switch off, puts you in manual mode. Using your Mod Wheel and G2 on your keyboard you can make your own scratches.

The speed control is used to increase or decrease the speed of the scratch to suit.

TRIGGER
Turning the knob to 'Trigger' will give you access to 16 Scratch Samples that can be played using C1-D#2 on your keyboard

I've created a video for you to watch it in action:-
https://youtu.be/es6H4Jw7j-g

As it's my first combinator, please go easy with your comments :puf_smile:
Attachments
Scratch.zip
(555.39 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

deeplink
Competition Winner

06 May 2023

I like the design of it, and the use of the scratch samples provided with Reason is pretty good idea.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Dirt Bike Boy

06 May 2023

Thanks Deeplink. Means a lot as it was your Combi's that made me think about making the odd one myself (albiet much simpler). You've maybe noticed my use of Replikant Glitch Generator in video

challism

06 May 2023

Looks good. Thanks for sharing with us.

I see the second Grain (Ahhh Manual) is hooked up to the audio Spider and Line mixer but I don't see it putting out any audio. It doesn't seem like it's doing anything (nothing is triggering the notes). Seems like it needs to have another instance of QNG above it to trigger notes. If I do that, and then move the "manual" wheel on the Combi, I can get the second Grain to make noise. But without it, I can't get anything out of it. Maybe I'm missing something?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Dirt Bike Boy

07 May 2023

So, when playing in 'Manual', you have to play the notes too. It's set to G2.

When using, I tend to Pencil in the notes on the piano roll to get the rhythm, and then freestyle with the mod wheel.

Hope that helps.

mrzplinter

07 May 2023

thx for sharing :) :thumbup:

selig
RE Developer

07 May 2023

I haven't tried the Combinator, but the design looks great IMO - and it’s not like anything else I’ve seen (I’m a sucker for originality). :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Dirt Bike Boy

07 May 2023

Thanks for your comment.
If you like originality, then wait for my 2nd Combinator, which is currently in development. It would also be described as niche!

Dirt Bike Boy

09 May 2023

Apologies that you may not have the 'Ahh' Sample in Grain within the Combinator. Fear not, I've attached it to this post. Alternatively, you can use your own sample of course :-)
Attachments
ahh Sample.zip
(23.85 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

• Information