Reason 12.6 Released (Apple Silicon, Offline Mode)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tanni

04 May 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
04 May 2023
I imagine if they ever went under they'd allow for all licenses to run perpetually. They're not assholes.

Under this pretense, i think those complaining are overreacting. It is good that your can authorize several machines. It is awesome.
you are very optimistic and hopeful ;)

PhillipOrdonez

04 May 2023

tanni wrote:
04 May 2023
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
04 May 2023
I imagine if they ever went under they'd allow for all licenses to run perpetually. They're not assholes.

Under this pretense, i think those complaining are overreacting. It is good that your can authorize several machines. It is awesome.
And you are the opposite?

kurtg

04 May 2023

Very happy with this AS native release. Great job guys :thumbup:

tanni

04 May 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
04 May 2023
tanni wrote:
04 May 2023

And you are the opposite?
let's put it this way...I'm a bit older and have some personally experience. That's why I've become a realist and don't see the future as naively and hopefully as I used to. ;)
PS: That's not to say I think you're naive.

HeavyViper

04 May 2023

Quite pleased to see the end of Codemeter. It's pretty clunky, and getting Authorizer to show up via the browser reliably has been getting harder. This system seems more flexible and brings things on par with other software on the market, so I'm all for it. Hopefully makes things easier on the RS side, too.

It'd be nice to see the Rack Extension management improved as well, maybe some kind of client-side download agent, e.g. Native Access. God knows there are REs I don't particularly want installed, and it'd be nice to selectively install what I want rather than hit "Sync All" and cull the offenders one by one. :S
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

electrofux

04 May 2023

QVprod wrote:
03 May 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 May 2023

I'm also still waiting for support for my S61 keyboard.
Bummer… how’d they skip the flagship and do the lesser one. I mean I guess I suppose it’s easier to do with less functions
I just took a look at the M32 codec since i was pondering to buy it. But tbh the codec looks very lean if you want to say something positive about it.

Tiny Montgomery

04 May 2023

NGL Ive been lurking all year waiting for this announcement. It's been great finally using Ableton in silicon, it's what I was shelling out for in Dec 2022 after all and I've not been disappointed. Using Ableton in Rosetta was also causing graphics glitches when using NI empire breaks and not great generally in kontakt 7 so very pleased to see all that gone.

Sympathise with those who have had problems with the RE reinstall and whatnot - I had a bit of a head scratch for a few minutes but a resync all with Reason closed sorted it for me and it doesn't actually take that long to delete what you don't want with authoriser, it was a few minutes job. That being said there is a slightly hysterical tone to some of the posts on this thread I have to say.

Quite looking forward to the new synth launch now I'm all set. Ableton update also imminent with a new synth there too, good times!

Arpeg
Competition Winner

04 May 2023

Lucee wrote:
03 May 2023
Arpeg wrote:
02 May 2023
"Updated Remote mapping for a large number of controllers" May I ask, Is there an updated list for these controllers or does the supported midi control list still remain 5 years old as this is all I can find at the moment. Thanks
Hi! this is honestly a really good idea, thank you for asking! although the best option as of now may be to dig through the files which should be in your reason install folder under «../Remote/DefaultMaps/». Hope this helps! :puf_smile:
This does help, thank you very much

PhillipOrdonez

04 May 2023

HeavyViper wrote:
04 May 2023
Quite pleased to see the end of Codemeter. It's pretty clunky, and getting Authorizer to show up via the browser reliably has been getting harder. This system seems more flexible and brings things on par with other software on the market, so I'm all for it. Hopefully makes things easier on the RS side, too.

It'd be nice to see the Rack Extension management improved as well, maybe some kind of client-side download agent, e.g. Native Access. God knows there are REs I don't particularly want installed, and it'd be nice to selectively install what I want rather than hit "Sync All" and cull the offenders one by one. :S
Rack extension management? Client side download agent? You've just described companion. Now if we perpetuals could all use companion, and not just the subscribers, that would be neat. I'm hoping even the shop be integrated into companion. Are you working on this, RS?

moneykube

04 May 2023

so no Mac intel users here at all? :shock:
---------------------------------------------------
moneykube wrote:
03 May 2023
So, does this re thing ONLY happen with the M1 chips? Or> does it happen with intel Macs as well? :?: When I upgraded to reason 12 it took many days to redownload all my racks ( one by one ) to get the high resolution versions since authorizer could not handle the job properly using sync all... I really do not want to have to do that again. It was an unnecessary waste of my time IMO
Are Intel Macs ok with this update with Racks ??? > I have some of the controllers they added support for that were in need of support for quite some time. I do not want to be endlessly downloading what I purchased in the shop again if possible. 14 pages of racks was a pain. :!:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

petecampbell

04 May 2023

buddard wrote:
02 May 2023
LittleBoy wrote:
02 May 2023
I still have the problem of plugins that open in tabs workin in full screen mode,
Have you checked the "Prefer tabs" setting in System Preferences --> General? I think that might affect the behaviour of full screen windows.
and now I've also lost the Roland Cloud plugins (they don't even show up in the plugin manager). Of course, the difference in consumption of the program and the plugins is beastly.
The problem with the Roland Cloud plugins is that the VST (and AAX) versions don't support Apple Silicon natively, only the AU versions do that (see this page for details). So to run the Roland Cloud VSTs in Reason you have to run Reason in Rosetta mode...
Jupiter 8 all of a sudden is just gone
Losing Roland Cloud plugins is absolutely unacceptable to me.
60% of my work consists of Roland cloud plugins.

QVprod

04 May 2023

moneykube wrote:
04 May 2023
moneykube wrote:
03 May 2023
So, does this re thing ONLY happen with the M1 chips? Or> does it happen with intel Macs as well? :?: When I upgraded to reason 12 it took many days to redownload all my racks ( one by one ) to get the high resolution versions since authorizer could not handle the job properly using sync all... I really do not want to have to do that again. It was an unnecessary waste of my time IMO
Are Intel Macs ok with this update with Racks ??? > I have some of the controllers they added support for that were in need of support for quite some time. I do not want to be endlessly downloading what I purchased in the shop again if possible. 14 pages of racks was a pain. :!:
Unaffected. You won’t need an Apple silicone version on a non Apple silicone machine.

QVprod

04 May 2023

electrofux wrote:
04 May 2023
QVprod wrote:
03 May 2023

Bummer… how’d they skip the flagship and do the lesser one. I mean I guess I suppose it’s easier to do with less functions
I just took a look at the M32 codec since i was pondering to buy it. But tbh the codec looks very lean if you want to say something positive about it.
I mean I wasn’t expecting the world, the DAW mappings elsewhere aren’t that special either. In S1 it’s just transport and mixer. Nektar is the only one that ever really went deep afaik

petecampbell

04 May 2023

Does anyone know why half my roland cloud plugins are gone after the upgradE? I'm running reason in rosetta mode and they still dont show up. I notice the performance gains are very marginal in the M1 native version btw.

joeyluck

04 May 2023

petecampbell wrote:
04 May 2023
Does anyone know why half my roland cloud plugins are gone after the upgradE? I'm running reason in rosetta mode and they still dont show up.
Have you accidentally hidden VST3 via the browser device filters?

josb

04 May 2023

Note that the installer still requires Rosetta.

moneykube

04 May 2023

QVprod wrote:
04 May 2023
Unaffected. You won’t need an Apple silicone version on a non Apple silicone machine.
thank you
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

nico

04 May 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 May 2023
Propellerhands wrote:
03 May 2023
But the ways I mentioned are legal.
I think you are confusing "legal" with "possible". Although this worked (with one machine offline-authorized), my understanding is that the license allowed running on one machine at a time. You could already install Reason on as many machines as you liked with online authorization, but only have one running at once. With this new scheme, they actually allow to authorize up to three machines online and then use them offline concurrently.
Reading the linked official documentation I do not think this is very clear. Can I run more then more then one machine and they are still all online?

QVprod

04 May 2023

electrofux wrote:
04 May 2023
QVprod wrote:
03 May 2023

Update, The S49 MK2 does work with the A series remote files. You get Play, Record, Stop and Loop. Some sort of random control of some of the old devices with the knobs. Basically just slightly more than using MCU mode offered for the A series.

Last Alternative

04 May 2023

I have a question: do I need to uninstall Rosetta or does 12.6 automatically stop using it?

Also, does anyone else have an issue with the play marker in the sequencer freezing while the music is playing? It stared happening on 12.5.3 and still happening. All the time. Clicking in any spot makes the marker jump to where the song is on the timeline.. weird huh
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

crimsonwarlock

04 May 2023

nico wrote:
04 May 2023
Reading the linked official documentation I do not think this is very clear.
That's why I asked the question earlier in this thread.
nico wrote:
04 May 2023
Can I run more then more then one machine and they are still all online?
No idea, but it is clear that you can run them offline at the same time when thy are authorized. I also like to know if it is possible while online, as I want to link two machines over LAN and that means they will also have an internet connection (or I have to do some firewall-fu :puf_smile: ).
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

joeyluck

04 May 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
04 May 2023
I have a question: do I need to uninstall Rosetta or does 12.6 automatically stop using it?
You would just right-click on Reason and view Get Info and then check/uncheck Open using Rosetta.

Pingafuego

04 May 2023

moneykube wrote:
04 May 2023
moneykube wrote:
03 May 2023
Hi, Mac Intel user here, installed 12.6 and there was no need to reinstall all my REs.

Propellerhands

04 May 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 May 2023
Propellerhands wrote:
03 May 2023
But the ways I mentioned are legal.
I think you are confusing "legal" with "possible". Although this worked (with one machine offline-authorized), my understanding is that the license allowed running on one machine at a time. You could already install Reason on as many machines as you liked with online authorization, but only have one running at once. With this new scheme, they actually allow to authorize up to three machines online and then use them offline concurrently.
ah gotcha. Yes, my main machine is with offline auth and secondary with online, but never tried using them both at the same time, so maybe it would not work.
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

Re8et
Competition Winner

04 May 2023

Yessss
I miss some Intel plugins on the M1 for the moment, but for the moment
it's a great steap ahead. I guess untill all RE will not get the Apple comment the
go to product page will keep getting in the way.

I immediately launched a couple of Poly Heavy Synths like Viking 2and no stutters of any kind.

• Information