Reason 12.6 Released (Apple Silicon, Offline Mode)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

02 May 2023

ryanharlin wrote:
02 May 2023
joeyluck wrote:
02 May 2023

Joey wins the easter egg prize!
All my old Super Neat Beat Cheat Sheets and Mix Fix Tricks were full of little references like this and most times people never noticed. In fact, just for you Joey I'll try to remember to put a little easter egg reference in the Objekt video I'm working on today too! Something to keep your eye out for next week. :D
:thumbup:

Spryx

02 May 2023

I find it funny the newest blog post claims "Going to “My Products” to synchronize licenses and having to be online to use a Rack Extension trial is now a thing of the past" when that is exactly what I've had to do to install the M1 versions about 12 times now because it downloads a few then stops as if its done :x. Not that I'm trialing them.

Despite this, for whatever reason, the intel version of this RE keeps installing no matter what I do..
Xnip2023-05-02_18-32-49.jpg
Xnip2023-05-02_18-32-49.jpg (102.56 KiB) Viewed 10539 times
latest:

robussc

02 May 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
02 May 2023
Here's what's happening to me:

1. Launch Reason, dialog appears telling me that some REs need to be updated
2. Go to RS website, find my account, hit Sync All, Authorizer launches
3. After a while, a get a cascading series of dialogs telling me that all REs are now updated
4. Close Authorizer, quit & re-launch Reason. Dialog appears telling me that some REs need to be updated

etc etc etc. I've repeated the cycle five or six times now (for variety, sometimes I try quitting Reason at the end of step 1). Anyone else getting this?
Yep, it took a couple of goes. I think explicitly clicking Download on the My Products page for an RE made the magic happen.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

StephenHutchinson

02 May 2023

Well I took a chance on installing the silicon version on my Mac mini m1... only to find after a few short moments that:

a) It's not all that snappy at opening... takes about 15 seconds vs the 25 seconds it used to take... I'm afraid I don't have a super fast M2 Macbook that Ryan Harlin. has...

b) I'm wholly dismayed that some of my favourite VST, VST3 plugins have been "turfed"... trying to reinstall them has no effect. Now the songs I've created in Reason with these VSTs are broken. I haven't gone through my entire list yet as I'm extremely disappointed at this point... I don't think I can even roll back to reason 12.5 now that all the REs have been "siliconized."

I looked in the "Manage Plugins" window and they're just not there anymore. WTF? On my Windows PC, even with the update to 12.6, nothing has been turfed. And yes, I turned on and off each of the RE, VST2, VST3, Duplicates buttons when searching, as well as going do the list manually to see if they would show up.

c) On a good note, it looks like RRP in Bitwig, Ableton, etc and it is faster to load so... sad as it may be... I think it's time to no longer use the Reason DAW at all and just use RRP. It really sucks because it would be nice to not have to open up a bunch of RRPs just to get a project done.

Anyone else having these issues?
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

JdA57

02 May 2023

I don’t like the new copyprotection. Because if I’ve a perpetual License. I can use a long term activation only for one year (again and again).
But in this case, what happens if the company „Reasonstudios“ is going down? After that I cannot use Reason anymore if my longterm activation ends? And I‘m really not shure how long Props will be on the market.

I think, this is not a big deal. Activation is in this case a little bit like subscription. The only different is: I‘ve not to pay monthly or yearly for the actual version.

So I‘ll wait and work next time with version 12.5.3.

joeyluck

02 May 2023

StephenHutchinson wrote:
02 May 2023
Well I took a chance on installing the silicon version on my Mac mini m1... only to find after a few short moments that:

a) It's not all that snappy at opening... takes about 15 seconds vs the 25 seconds it used to take... I'm afraid I don't have a super fast M2 Macbook that Ryan Harlin. has...

b) I'm wholly dismayed that some of my favourite VST, VST3 plugins have been "turfed"... trying to reinstall them has no effect. Now the songs I've created in Reason with these VSTs are broken. I haven't gone through my entire list yet as I'm extremely disappointed at this point... I don't think I can even roll back to reason 12.5 now that all the REs have been "siliconized."

I looked in the "Manage Plugins" window and they're just not there anymore. WTF? On my Windows PC, even with the update to 12.6, nothing has been turfed. And yes, I turned on and off each of the RE, VST2, VST3, Duplicates buttons when searching, as well as going do the list manually to see if they would show up.

c) On a good note, it looks like RRP in Bitwig, Ableton, etc and it is faster to load so... sad as it may be... I think it's time to no longer use the Reason DAW at all and just use RRP. It really sucks because it would be nice to not have to open up a bunch of RRPs just to get a project done.

If you're running Reason natively on Apple Silicon, the plugins you use need to be compatible with Apple Silicon. Otherwise if you need those specific plugins, you need to run Reason in Rosetta mode.

Overtherainbow

02 May 2023

Did I get this right - if I download this patch as a license owner, my "offline mode" will no longer be perpetual? It will now be capped at 1 year? Is that correct?

Last Alternative

02 May 2023

When I downloaded 12.6 just now and restarted my computer, Reason 12.6 is giving me that same window to authorize REs as someone else got and so I sync and wait for the downloads but there's nothing showing the download status or that it finishes unless I try to close the authorizer and it says downloads in progress. After a while I guess it finished because it let me closer authorizer but when I opened Reason I got the same message to sync REs. Why didn't RS make this easy??

At this point I'm thinking I'll have to delete all my REs and download them all over again. Any pointers?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 7.36.49 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 7.36.49 PM.png (151.28 KiB) Viewed 10486 times
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 7.27.21 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 7.27.21 PM.png (155.87 KiB) Viewed 10486 times
Last edited by Last Alternative on 02 May 2023, edited 2 times in total.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

StephenHutchinson

02 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
02 May 2023
StephenHutchinson wrote:
02 May 2023

If you're running Reason natively on Apple Silicon, the plugins you use need to be compatible with Apple Silicon. Otherwise if you need those specific plugins, you need to run Reason in Rosetta mode.
Thanks Joey for the information, much obliged.

Seems kind of strange that I can use Bitwig (which is natively silicon) with all the "non silicon" plugins that are now missing in Reason. I think they do things differently in Bitwig to insure compatibility.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

QVprod

02 May 2023

Overtherainbow wrote:
02 May 2023
Did I get this right - if I download this patch as a license owner, my "offline mode" will no longer be perpetual? It will now be capped at 1 year? Is that correct?
Perpetual licenses are still perpetual

Overtherainbow

02 May 2023

QVprod wrote:
02 May 2023
Amen, but will the ability to stay offline indefinitely stay so?

ColdSkoolBeatz

02 May 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
02 May 2023

3. After a while, a get a cascading series of dialogs telling me that all REs are now updated
4. Close Authorizer, quit & re-launch Reason. Dialog appears telling me that some REs need to be updated

etc etc etc. I've repeated the cycle five or six times now (for variety, sometimes I try quitting Reason at the end of step 1). Anyone else getting this?
Same issue to a tee.

QVprod

02 May 2023

Overtherainbow wrote:
02 May 2023
QVprod wrote:
02 May 2023
Amen, but will the ability to stay offline indefinitely stay so?
The old computer authorization through codemeter is gone from what I understand. But unless you literally never connect your computer to the internet (not even for updates) you probably won’t notice.

turn2on
RE Developer

03 May 2023

As I find, REs that have in Reason & Companion error about need of Apple Silicon build, in Authoriser have status INTEL, when all other non-problematic REs have "Intel/AppleSilicon".
So Intel only build cant possible to run under M1/M2.
This REs really not have actual AppleSilicon build for some reason, and skipped to run in 12.6 without Rosetta support.

iTrensharo

03 May 2023

Good they got this out. Don't think I will reinstall it, though. Uses too much storage and you cannot move these heavy rack extensions to external storage...

Which basically forced me to replace most of the stuff I'd use via the RRP with discrete VSTs that have sane installation strategies.

crimsonwarlock

03 May 2023

QVprod wrote:
02 May 2023
Remote support added for
  • Arturia
    • Keylab mkII
    • Keylab Essentials
    • Microfreak
  • [*]Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol A49/A61/M32
  • Novation Impulse series
  • Updated Remote mapping for a large number of controllers
Hopefully this doesn’t mean they added support for the Komplete A controllers and sloped the S series…

I have both, but the S is the one in my setup
I'm also still waiting for support for my S61 keyboard.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Last Alternative

03 May 2023

I had to delete all my REs and sync again and it seems to have “updated the code” with all besides I still got that message saying the one that failed is it.lenotelive.ReceiveNotes.1.1.2, whatever that is. Doesn’t sound like an RE. Bug maybe?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

SebAudio

03 May 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
02 May 2023
SebAudio wrote:
02 May 2023

What a great add ! Microfreak and Europa share a lot of features, near 1:1 when using only one oscillator
What does this mean for those with a mf?
You can use the Microfreak as a midi controller with the added bonus (versus a « generic » controller) that knobs are labeled, grouped by function… so it feels more « hardware like »

ColdSkoolBeatz

03 May 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
03 May 2023
I had to delete all my REs and sync again and it seems to have “updated the code” with all besides I still got that message saying the one that failed is it.lenotelive.ReceiveNotes.1.1.2, whatever that is. Doesn’t sound like an RE. Bug maybe?
This seemed to work out for me too.

Thanks!

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

03 May 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
03 May 2023
That's a free RE, but you're not using the latest version. The latest version is 1.3.0 and has a Silicon version :)
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ive-notes/

Lucee

03 May 2023

Arpeg wrote:
02 May 2023
"Updated Remote mapping for a large number of controllers" May I ask, Is there an updated list for these controllers or does the supported midi control list still remain 5 years old as this is all I can find at the moment. Thanks
Hi! this is honestly a really good idea, thank you for asking! although the best option as of now may be to dig through the files which should be in your reason install folder under «../Remote/DefaultMaps/». Hope this helps! :puf_smile:

misterdaz

03 May 2023

Arpeg wrote:
02 May 2023
Glad for the M1folks and Reason Studios in General.. Thank you very much for offline mode.

"Updated Remote mapping for a large number of controllers" May I ask, Is there an updated list for these controllers or does the supported midi control list still remain 5 years old as this is all I can find at the moment. Thanks
Hi, thanks for the update, especially adding support for the NI M32 keyboard, I was about to teach myself Lua to do it myself! ;) To reiterate Arpeg's comment, where can we find the new remotemaps for the added keyboards, I've not been able to find them so far? Or are remotemap files now deprecated?

Many thanks.

Neo

03 May 2023

Might wait a while before I start a new Thread.. M1/M2 vs Intel RS Performance. (looking to upgrade)
Would love to know what specs/computers they are running at Reason HQ.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Heater

03 May 2023

Neo wrote:
03 May 2023
Might wait a while before I start a new Thread.. M1/M2 vs Intel RS Performance. (looking to upgrade)
Would love to know what specs/computers they are running at Reason HQ.
Yeah. Would like to see that too.

FGL

03 May 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
02 May 2023

Same here. Solution was to download all not working updates one by one from shop. I recent change to Mac Mini M2 could be that causes it.

• Information