Reason 12.6 Released (Apple Silicon, Offline Mode)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deeplink
Competition Winner

02 May 2023

Features
  • Seamless Offline mode
    • The computer you started Reason on is automatically authenticated to run Reason together with all your devices without an internet connection
    • Removed Codemeter dependencies
  • Apple silicon support (M1/M2)
    • Reason standalone and plug-in runs natively on Apple Silicon computers
    • All RackExtensions runs natively on Apple Silicon computers
Remote support added for
  • Arturia
    • Keylab mkII
    • Keylab Essentials
    • Microfreak
  • Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol A49/A61/M32
  • Novation Impulse series
  • Updated Remote mapping for a large number of controllers
Bug Fixes
  • Implemented an automatic repair of songs that may have broken when saved in Reason 12.5.2
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when context-clicking on certain VST3s on macOS and Windows
  • Fixed an issue with Pitchbend and Mod Wheel. Automation didn’t appear as an option in the Automation dropdown for the VST Proxy device
Blog Post: https://reasonstudios.com/blog/reason-1 ... verywhere/

Release notes: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

PhillipOrdonez

02 May 2023

Nice.

deigm

02 May 2023

Is there a more detailed write up on how the new authentication works somewhere? Can I still open reason on my PC and my laptop or will it only auth once?

buddard
RE Developer

02 May 2023

deigm wrote:
02 May 2023
Is there a more detailed write up on how the new authentication works somewhere? Can I still open reason on my PC and my laptop or will it only auth once?
You can log into Reason on several computers and will support up to 40 days of offline support on each one of them.

If you're a perpetual Reason user or annual Reason+ subscriber, you can also request a long term authorization (up to 1 year!) on up to three computers at a time. You do that in Preferences-->Account in Reason.

Oh, and here's the writeup:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 8581394322

Mataya

02 May 2023

I love it when they change the main page picture to something I can use as a wallpaper. Tx for the update.

M

ortxedys

02 May 2023

I’m still using several vst’s which I know won’t be updated. But it’s nice to know it’s there. Surprisingly I’m not having any issues with Rosetta except Mimik needing specific buffer settings. I can’t bring it down to 64. Even on native mode. But i am on the MacBook Air m1 so that could have something to do with it.

robussc

02 May 2023

Installed on my M1 MBP, very nice. the few REs I have also updated after a bit of poking at My Products and Authorizer.

Especially nice as we'll be on a trip soon and I'll just have my MBP with me, so native support and offline authorization have come just in time!

Thanks!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Arpeg
Competition Winner

02 May 2023

Glad for the M1folks and Reason Studios in General.. Thank you very much for offline mode.

"Updated Remote mapping for a large number of controllers" May I ask, Is there an updated list for these controllers or does the supported midi control list still remain 5 years old as this is all I can find at the moment. Thanks

miscend

02 May 2023

Is the new version rock solid?

Loque

02 May 2023

Hopefully less Login-Dialogs now. Probably for beta versions it is still required...

Does that also mean, they have removed Codemeter?
Reason12, Win10

wereMole88

02 May 2023

:D :clap: great, have been looking forward to the offline authorization.

buddard
RE Developer

02 May 2023

ortxedys wrote:
02 May 2023
I’m still using several vst’s which I know won’t be updated. But it’s nice to know it’s there. Surprisingly I’m not having any issues with Rosetta except Mimik needing specific buffer settings. I can’t bring it down to 64. Even on native mode. But i am on the MacBook Air m1 so that could have something to do with it.
Which version of macOS are you running, and what is your highest number of available Max Audio Threads in Reason Preferences-->Audio?

buddard
RE Developer

02 May 2023

Loque wrote:
02 May 2023
Hopefully less Login-Dialogs now. Probably for beta versions it is still required...

Does that also mean, they have removed Codemeter?
Yes, Codemeter is gone, and beta versions (of both Reason and REs) should now start up without requiring you to log in every time.

crimsonwarlock

02 May 2023

buddard wrote:
02 May 2023
If you're a perpetual Reason user or annual Reason+ subscriber, you can also request a long term authorization (up to 1 year!) on up to three computers at a time. You do that in Preferences-->Account in Reason.
Does this mean we can now (legally) run a copy on two machines at the same time? I've been waiting for that, to see if I can slave FX to a second machine.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Propellerhands

02 May 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
02 May 2023
buddard wrote:
02 May 2023
Does this mean we can now (legally) run a copy on two machines at the same time? I've been waiting for that, to see if I can slave FX to a second machine.
Couldn't you do that before? Like one copy with authorized computer and another copy with logging in through internet? Because I did that before. Or do you mean both offline?
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

crimsonwarlock

02 May 2023

Propellerhands wrote:
02 May 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
02 May 2023
Couldn't you do that before? Like one copy with authorized computer and another copy with logging in through internet? Because I did that before. Or do you mean both offline?
There were ways to do it, but it wasn't officially allowed. Hence, the (legally) in my question :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

deigm

02 May 2023

buddard wrote:
02 May 2023
deigm wrote:
02 May 2023
You can log into Reason on several computers and will support up to 40 days of offline support on each one of them.

Oh, and here's the writeup:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 8581394322
Sounds fair and logical. Good stuff! Thanks for the info.

deigm

02 May 2023

So that's everything on the roadmap pretty much done, right? What's next I wonder.

turn2on
RE Developer

02 May 2023

Have few Beta products, that also already released.
So, at current moment, if I remove beta in Companion, and reinstall this product, I also have installed beta, not released version.
So all I can - just waiting end of 30-days beta end?
Previously, if I have beta and newer release version, removing of beta and new installation - installing release version.
But not this time.

Also have error like this:

One or more Rack Extensions need to be updated with code for Apple silicon processors. Open the Companion and download, then restart Reason. You can also Continue without downloading but some Rack Extensions will not be available. (Failing Rack Extension in ru.turn2on.DoubleComb.1.1.0b5.)
But this RE already released time ago after this beta, that end on 5th May.
This RE not run in list of REs, like this beta in non-AS build. As I understand problem in beta stage of RE that not finished in 30-day period?

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

02 May 2023

2020 M1 Mac Pro here. Running a complex track on a 64 sample buffer and exactly one DSP bar used. I can't believe it. Thank you, RS!

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

02 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
02 May 2023

@0:46 Regina Phalange :lol:
Joey wins the easter egg prize!

• Information