(Full Album - Prodigy influenced) - Revival

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2023

Ok. I've finally went back and forth enough times with these tracks that I feel that it's finally time to release this mini album. The whole project has been about me revisiting my early teenage obsession with Prodigy. Every track here has in some way drawn inspiration from Prodigys earlier discography (mainly their first three albums). Some influences are very obvious, while some are more subtle.
There won't be any more changes at this point. The project is DONE!

Both the full album and individual tracks are downloadable on Bandcamp for free in case anyone is interested in that.

Enjoy!

Mor1

26 Apr 2023

Very good work !! I can hear some functional images from the first two albums with the music for a jilted generation to slightly overcome the experience. The tracks 5 and 6 can stand on their own as a single.

All of them have melodic parts to listen without been repetitive and actually they give you the relaxing and space age music feeling..

Just continue man , it was a great album. That was my personal opinion.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2023

As I already said commenting the single tracks here on RT, this is a very interesting project. It sounds very believable, it is obviously derivative but in the good way. You interiorized Liam's sound and beatmaking, arrangement etc. and you turned it in original compositions. I think you should post it (if you haven't already) on some Prodigy specific forum/group/discord. It deserves a bigger audience than RT's.

Please receive my kudos. Well done!

mimidancer

26 Apr 2023

Nice, this record has great flow and a consistent vibe. Now, I need to find my binky and get some glow sticks. Thanks for sharing.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2023

Mor1 wrote:
26 Apr 2023
Very good work !! I can hear some functional images from the first two albums with the music for a jilted generation to slightly overcome the experience. The tracks 5 and 6 can stand on their own as a single.

All of them have melodic parts to listen without been repetitive and actually they give you the relaxing and space age music feeling..

Just continue man , it was a great album. That was my personal opinion.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. And I think I got my current Prodigy phase out of my system with these tracks. I'm ready to move on to another project now, something not Prodigy related at all.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 26 Apr 2023, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2023

Quarmat wrote:
26 Apr 2023
As I already said commenting the single tracks here on RT, this is a very interesting project. It sounds very believable, it is obviously derivative but in the good way. You interiorized Liam's sound and beatmaking, arrangement etc. and you turned it in original compositions. I think you should post it (if you haven't already) on some Prodigy specific forum/group/discord. It deserves a bigger audience than RT's.

Please receive my kudos. Well done!
Thanks. Yes it's not the most original material for sure. Like you said the point was to make new tracks that can stand on their own two legs, but still have those Prodigy influences incorporated. It's very rare that I deliberately try to imitate someone else in this way. It was especially very interesting to try to recreate certain synth sounds.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2023

mimidancer wrote:
26 Apr 2023
Nice, this record has great flow and a consistent vibe. Now, I need to find my binky and get some glow sticks. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. I think it's got a good lenght for a project like this. I don't feel like this type of "imitating/tribute" record needs to be longer.
I'm very pleased that I managed to actually do a record. Last couple of years I've mostly written seperate tracks without any cohesiveness in mind from one song to the next. Making this record really encouraged me to make more full EPs/albums with some sort of overall theme.
Next project for me will be about diving into RS upcoming synth Objekt. I have no idea what that will result in, but I know it won't be anything like this Prodigy project. I think I will focus more on creating an ambience rather than catchy melodies or beats. But we'll see. It's hard to say before anyone of us have even tried the synth. :puf_smile:

Superology

16 May 2023

We definetely need more prodigy influenced tracks. :D

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 May 2023

Superology wrote:
16 May 2023
We definetely need more prodigy influenced tracks. :D
Ironically after finishing this project I think I got most of my need for Prodigy out of my system. It'll come back, sure, but I suspect it's gonna be a while before I return to this type of music. :puf_smile:

rorystorm

23 May 2023

Really tasty!

Jagwah

23 May 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Apr 2023
Enjoy!
Wow holy crap Tritone! :o

I am really impressed.

I know others like to emulate that Prodigy feel in some way but the way you captured it here for an entire album is just unreal. I feel Prodigy all over this. Ending with Mythology was a great choice, it just reinforced the entire vibe. You totally got their old skool feel and totally got their modern feel too. Well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 May 2023

visheshl wrote:
23 May 2023
F'in amazing work man...banging in my headphones.
Glad you dig it. :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 May 2023

rorystorm wrote:
23 May 2023
Really tasty!
Thanks!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 May 2023

Jagwah wrote:
23 May 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Apr 2023
Enjoy!
Wow holy crap Tritone! :o

I am really impressed.

I know others like to emulate that Prodigy feel in some way but the way you captured it here for an entire album is just unreal. I feel Prodigy all over this. Ending with Mythology was a great choice, it just reinforced the entire vibe. You totally got their old skool feel and totally got their modern feel too. Well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks man, appreciate that.
I don't usually try to imitate other musicians when I make music. So this project was a very different experience. It was fun trying to figure out how to replicate some sounds, or at least trying to make similar sounds. Still, even though this project was heavily inspired, it was important to me that the songs themselves were original songs and not cover songs.
Yes as soon as I had finished Mythology I knew that would be the album closer. The other tracks were more in your face while Mythology took its time.

rorystorm

23 May 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 May 2023
rorystorm wrote:
23 May 2023
Really tasty!
Thanks!
Meant to say I really like the production too, low end has a really nice tone.

Superology

23 May 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 May 2023

I don't usually try to imitate other musicians when I make music. So this project was a very different experience. It was fun trying to figure out how to replicate some sounds, or at least trying to make similar sounds. Still, even though this project was heavily inspired, it was important to me that the songs themselves were original songs and not cover songs.
Yes as soon as I had finished Mythology I knew that would be the album closer. The other tracks were more in your face while Mythology took its time.
You miss too much not doing covers. Believe me or the Beatles band. While I'm doing them I'm "speaking" with young Liam Howlett. He "shows" me how the tracks were built besides sound design or sampling choices. So it's your mistake. I know there are a lot of tutorials how to progress in music production... But it's all fake, because it takes too much time to figure out that you don't need all that crap that they tell you need. Believe me or not. Better try to do just one cover of any favorite song and you will :lightbulb: .

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 May 2023

Superology wrote:
23 May 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 May 2023

You miss too much not doing covers. Believe me or the Beatles band. While I'm doing them I'm "speaking" with young Liam Howlett. He "shows" me how the tracks were built besides sound design or sampling choices. So it's your mistake. I know there are a lot of tutorials how to progress in music production... But it's all fake, because it takes too much time to figure out that you don't need all that crap that they tell you need. Believe me or not. Better try to do just one cover of any favorite song and you will :lightbulb: .
I don't think there's a right or wrong way. It's art. We're free to do whatever we want. It's all about what we want to spend our time doing. I've been a guitar player and a music teacher for years. So the concept of learning and playing other peoples material isn't new to me. It's just that over the years I've realized that I find more enjoyment in creating my own stuff. To each his own. But I agree there's a lot to gain from studying other peoples music.

I do have one cover though, of a TeflonTomb track. It's far from a replica. I used the first lyric/melody at the start and also a second lyrical bit at the end of the song. Everything else is something else entirely.

The original:

My version:

Jagwah

25 May 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 May 2023
...it was important to me that the songs themselves were original songs and not cover songs.
That they most definitely are :clap: :thumbup:

• Information