[Synthwave] Echoes End

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Quarmat
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2023

Hello! This is my latest. I was toying with Ekss' Sinesynth, trying to design a cool sound and I came up with a strange electric guitar-ish lead. It was interesting and in no time i had 3 or four riffs looping. I then tried to write a song that could convey a sense of nostalgia for a bygone, bright era of battles between heroic mecha pilots under blue skies, bright sunshine and white clouds. I struggled, as always, with the vocoded voice, and prolly overproduced it. But I am here to collect your feedback, criticism and advice, esteemed musicians and friends of Reasontalk.

Thank you for taking the time to listen!

guitfnky

02 Mar 2023

okay, I love this. really freaking good. it nails what you’re going for, I think. I struggle to hear what the vocals are saying, but I don’t care—I can hear the melody and that’s more than enough.

👍🏼👍🏼
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

deeplink
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2023

Maybe it's just the thumbnail, but I immediately think of Appleseed for some reason. Very cool mate
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Quarmat
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

guitfnky wrote:
02 Mar 2023
okay, I love this. really freaking good. it nails what you’re going for, I think.
guitfnky wrote: I struggle to hear what the vocals are saying, but I don’t care—I can hear the melody and that’s more than enough.

👍🏼👍🏼
Thank you so much, Guitfunky! I am glad I was somehow able to convey the feeling I wanted to.

Here's the text if you're interested:

There was a time when fairings sang...

VERSE -----------------------------

When the white clouds shone
Under distant suns
Flashes of paint on shiny metal

And the cannons were new
And the riders were young
And the battle would last forever

CHORUS------------------------------

Come back to me, brass line of time
To when space was free
and gunships glided through the stars

Oh please, come back to me,
you glorious steamer of light
To when the future was new
And of those who looked to the stars
the stars!

BREAKDOWN---------------------------

and all those fights
all those smiles behind the canopy
are scattered in memory
like laser tears that won't come back

deeplink wrote:
02 Mar 2023
Maybe it's just the thumbnail, but I immediately think of Appleseed for some reason. Very cool mate
Yeah, those robotic bunny ears are instant-Briareos :D Thank you for listening!

Synthopathe

03 Mar 2023

Sounds great. You got what you were aiming for, love that sound. Good dynamic mix, for the synths especially, feels wide and bright. I really enjoyed it.

robussc

03 Mar 2023

Great track, though I did end up wanting a break from the pad sound after a bit. Best it’s saved for the chorus perhaps?
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Micha1973

04 Mar 2023

Nice vibes - i like it*
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2023

Excellent track! Great sounds and I like the vocoded voice very much!
Did you sing yourself?

Quarmat
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2023

Synthopathe wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Sounds great. You got what you were aiming for, love that sound. Good dynamic mix, for the synths especially, feels wide and bright. I really enjoyed it.
Thank you so much for listening and the kind words!
robussc wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Great track, though I did end up wanting a break from the pad sound after a bit. Best it’s saved for the chorus perhaps?
Thank you, robussc. I agree with you, when I love a sound i tend to use it throughout all the lenght of the song, ultimately killing its potential. I've updated the mix replacing the main synth with other, layered sounds in the verse and in the bridge.
Micha1973 wrote:
04 Mar 2023
Nice vibes - i like it*
Thank you for listening!
rare_shadow wrote:
04 Mar 2023
Excellent track! Great sounds and I like the vocoded voice very much!
Did you sing yourself?
Thank your rare_shadow! Yes it's me singing: heavy use of pitch correction, upward formant shift and lots of effects.

Micha1973

06 Apr 2023

Superb* if a can make a own remix?

Micha
Music Is My Life
&

mimidancer

06 Apr 2023

Nice vibe. It feels like summer.

raymondh

06 Apr 2023

Very cool!

Lots of energy, fantastic arrangement.

Great vocoded vocals - very Daft Punk! What did you use for the vocoding?

robussc

07 Apr 2023

A great improvement from an already great track. Nice!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Popey
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2023

wow this is funky.

Really great production and i love the vocoded vocals. Only slight comment (which is totally nitpicking) would be that the vocals could be a bit more defined as i struggled to make out the lyrics in places without reading along. Perhaps you may be able to use a little dynamic eq or subtle sidechain to give these a bit more room?

that said this really is quality and i enjoyed it a lot.

Necrovert

10 Apr 2023

It really nails the retro gaming vibe for me, and I think the vocoder parts work well, even if it’s a little hard to make out in places. I couldn’t understand half the vocals in early electronic music anyway. 8)

summon.exe

13 Apr 2023

this sounds really good - nice work

Lumby

14 Apr 2023

Where'd I put my PS2?! Seriously, fun tune!

Quarmat
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2023

Micha1973 wrote:
06 Apr 2023
Thank you very much! If you want to do a remix I would feel honoured. DM if interested, I'll send a wetransfer to you with the stems.
mimidancer wrote:
06 Apr 2023
Nice vibe. It feels like summer.
Thank you Mimi, yeah the malinconic/nostalgic side of summer, i guess, when summer's almost gone and you know there will never be another summer exactly like this
raymondh wrote:
06 Apr 2023
Very cool!
Lots of energy, fantastic arrangement.
Great vocoded vocals - very Daft Punk! What did you use for the vocoding?
Thank you for the kind words Raymond. I used BVX for the vocoding, custom patch, and a specific way of singing, like whispering, in order to leave space to the synth to colour the vowels.
robussc wrote:
07 Apr 2023
A great improvement from an already great track. Nice!
Thank you for your advice, it helped me a lot!
Popey wrote:
08 Apr 2023
wow this is funky.
Really great production and i love the vocoded vocals. Only slight comment (which is totally nitpicking) would be that the vocals could be a bit more defined as i struggled to make out the lyrics in places without reading along. Perhaps you may be able to use a little dynamic eq or subtle sidechain to give these a bit more room?
that said this really is quality and i enjoyed it a lot.
There's already a Trackspacer ducking the synths with the vox bus, but i did not wanted to push it too far, I felt like this was the right balance. Thank you for listening and your kind words, Popey!
Necrovert wrote:
10 Apr 2023
It really nails the retro gaming vibe for me, and I think the vocoder parts work well, even if it’s a little hard to make out in places. I couldn’t understand half the vocals in early electronic music anyway. 8)
Thank you! Yeah, I a m a bit shy about with my vocals and lyrics so I tend to keep 'em a bit "into" the synths :)
summon.exe wrote:
13 Apr 2023
this sounds really good - nice work
Thank you so much!
Lumby wrote:
14 Apr 2023
Where'd I put my PS2?! Seriously, fun tune!
Those were the days! Thank you for listening!

Micha1973

22 Apr 2023

Quarmat wrote:
21 Apr 2023
Micha1973 wrote:
06 Apr 2023
Thank you very much! If you want to do a remix I would feel honoured. DM if interested, I'll send a wetransfer to you with the stems.

Ok* So i wait* Thanx Micha from Germany
Music Is My Life
&

jappe

05 Jun 2023

What a wonderful piece. Like a broadband data-stream right into the musical center of my brain; Daft Punkish indeed.

• Information