How Can The Next Oasis Get Signed In 2023

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Creativemind

15 Apr 2023

Hi All!

As a Britpop / Oasis lover I've been writing songs for the past 24 years. If I took my best 11, I'd have an album, I've probably got material for 4 lol! I'm not saying I'm the next Liam Gallagher rock 'n' roll star particularly but how would you get signed in 2023.

If I were to form a band and gig, people would just film your songs on their phone and then wouldn't need to buy your music. Probably go viral. This has been discussed on James Hargreaves Guitar channel on You Tube. He has even released 2 EP's and recently said he only just about broke even on what he spent recording them at Abbey Road / EMI Studio's.

Not sure what the answer is? send demo's to recording studio's. I was thinking of starting a TikTok Channel and putting snippets on there. It seems there's only money in gigs now.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

MarkTarlton

15 Apr 2023

you have to build a following of fans through either social media, or even better by playing live the old school way. labels won't be interested in your music if no one else is, meaning they have to be able to make something back if they're going to invest in you. I am speaking from experience and know how it works on both sides of the coin. it's not like the old days where labels would give you a chance and see how you do on multiple records to see if you can catch on to the record buying public, you have to be able to make them money right away, or you have no chance.... if you're able to just do it yourself, that's probably a good start, and if you get lucky and are able to sell even 500-1000 copies of an album you are doing great. By going on tour is when we sell the most merch, or if you get written up by bloggers that's also a huge draw depending on the genre of music you do. we got a nice bandcamp write up a couple weeks ago, and sold like 600 units. playlists are also great for ears. you have to go all in and make it a full time job, and not just make music, but do all the business stuff too.

jam-s

15 Apr 2023

When labels get interested in you due to a big enough follower count you might possibly do fine without one as well. So going patreon and kickstarter for new album production money. Royalties from streaming won't make you any significant income. Also CD sales or music distribution via labels will not give off much. Merch could be a possibility but live gigs when you're pretty well known can bring in some good cash if you don't fall for the usual traps.

mimidancer

15 Apr 2023

I am nobody so please know that I am fully aware I have no credibility to give gravitas to what I am about to post. BUT In my opinion, a record dead is anything but a deal. Record deals are what industry gatekeepers would lord over artists in order to profit from their work. With the internet and easy access to affordable quality recording gear, these grifters have lost their relevance. Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber both started as youtube artists. The real trick is finding a way to connect to the people that would be your fans. Likely that would involve playing lots of live gigs. But as I said, my opinion does not matter. Still, I hope you chase your dream. No matter the destination, enjoy the ride. be well.

tt_lab

15 Apr 2023

The problem with social media is that art is curated by an algorythm not by humans, algorythms that only have one goal, make their owners richer. So we get melted down to a very grey and homogenous patté that algorythms aprove. This is the way!

arnigretar

19 Apr 2023

Hey mate, I don't make Oasis tracks - just ambient techno - but what has worked for me is just starting out yourself. Put out an great EP with maybe 2 of your good works and do two covers you get OK with doing (which are like remixes in my genre) and put it out on all digital platforms (many services do that for you) and make copies of it so people can purchase it via bandcamp. If the covers don't work, then just put out 2 good songs. If those are really good tracks you should start with working your butt off by sending that EP everywhere. Get emails online and start haunting for media that loves this genre. People are working everyday to write about music and they like getting new stuff if it is good. Be honest and polite in the mails. Maybe someone will pick it up - maybe not. On the side you can focus on the social media part and do that as well - but main focus imo should be on getting it out on the streaming services and have a good bandcamp. At least it will make you a small fanbase and that's always a good start. Oasis were the biggest band in the world in the 90's at some point, so it's good not focus your thoughts on *if* or *how* because some bands get lucky. Record deals are not the only answer today. Maybe you will end up getting one - but some start better off with starting on their own. It's a lotto out there. But if the music is good - it will get followers. I have been in this for 25 years and run two labels and I'm just happy with my 7k followers and my streaming and sales. It could be bigger, but it could be smaller. If you have passion then go for it and something good will come out for sure. Good luck mate!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

challism

19 Apr 2023

Just go down to the crossroads.. and you know the rest of the story.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

avasopht
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2023

I met the band manager of The Verve with a new band.

And I also met the singer of Alone and Unafraid with her manager (and aunt iirc) back in 2013/2014 at an open mic.

The managers seem to be doing something right when it comes to developing the artists.

Maybe it's the fact they have connections and are just validating the artist.

But as someone already said, a deal is just a deal. It's a really bad loan where you usually have to use their studios and producers, pay for their filming company of choice, and hand over ownership of your work, and you might not even make much money at the end of it.

I don't know the answer, ... but it might help to ask the bands themselves. You would be surprised how willing some may be to answer a worthwhile question

Quarmat
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2023

Dunno how the Oasis can get signed in 2023, but better hurry up finding out cause AI has entered the competition:

avasopht
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2023

Quarmat wrote:
19 Apr 2023
Dunno how the Oasis can get signed in 2023, but better hurry up finding out cause AI has entered the competition:

The AI here only replaced the voice, so I don't think we need to throw in the towel just yet ;)

• Information