Valley Plateau plate reverb port - Beta Testers

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rorystorm

09 Apr 2023

Murf wrote:
09 Apr 2023
rorystorm wrote:
09 Apr 2023
had an initial play and I have thoughts, which I'll put in the beta forum when it's ready.

But this is just to say that (a) it sounds freakn great and (b) awesome to finally have a reverb RE with freeze.

nice work!!
Thanks!
Unfortunately the 'toggle" function for Hold can't be implemented due to the way the Reason SDK handles GUI elements, but so far that is the only feature of the original Plateau that has not been implemented.
Murf.
doh, just PM'd you with some notes before I saw this, so ignore that bit. also, forgot to ask but what's the difference between the cv attenuators on the front and back panels? I think that's okay to ask in public?

Murf
RE Developer

09 Apr 2023

rorystorm wrote:
09 Apr 2023
.... also, forgot to ask but what's the difference between the cv attenuators on the front and back panels? I think that's okay to ask in public?
Oh these are not fully implemented, once finished there will be 1:1 matches between the front panel CV and back panel, for ease of use.

rorystorm

09 Apr 2023

Murf wrote:
09 Apr 2023
rorystorm wrote:
09 Apr 2023
.... also, forgot to ask but what's the difference between the cv attenuators on the front and back panels? I think that's okay to ask in public?
Oh these are not fully implemented, once finished there will be 1:1 matches between the front panel CV and back panel, for ease of use.
Nice

dmitrijsorokin

10 Apr 2023

Personal messages are not available to me, I sent a login to the mail a day ago (I do not want to write in a public space).
But there is no beta in the account yet.

Thanks.

Mattvank

13 Apr 2023

Could you imagine to port some more?
There is Mindmaster Shapemaster which allows an Envelope of 30 minutes. Enough to put a whole Track into Combinator.

Murf
RE Developer

13 Apr 2023

Mattvank wrote:
13 Apr 2023
There is Mindmaster Shapemaster which allows an Envelope of 30 minutes. Enough to put a whole Track into Combinator.
Author: S.Baker and M.Boulé

They won't let me port any of their stuff, I asked them :(
Murf.

Loque

13 Apr 2023

Murf wrote:
13 Apr 2023
Mattvank wrote:
13 Apr 2023
Author: S.Baker and M.Boulé

They won't let me port any of their stuff, I asked them :(
Murf.
That is weird, since their used licenses would allow it AFAIK. But in the end it's always better to have explicit permission...
Reason12, Win10

Murf
RE Developer

13 Apr 2023

Loque wrote:
13 Apr 2023

That is weird, since their used licenses would allow it AFAIK. But in the end it's always better to have explicit permission...
I agree Loque, there are many cool VCV modules that are under GPL3 which I could technically port (and sell) without their permission, but
1) I think that is not the respectful thing to do without permission (and some profit sharing if they wish) and
2) All of the modules written by M.Boulé et all are under limited licenses anyway.

Mattvank

14 Apr 2023

That all would not be a problem so far if Reason would allowed MIDI In Signals from VST´s. I planned to buy VCV RACK to use it with Live lite and reason but that would not be a cheap investment. Live and VCVRack full is lot of money.

jam-s

14 Apr 2023

Murf wrote:
13 Apr 2023
Loque wrote:
13 Apr 2023

I agree Loque, there are many cool VCV modules that are under GPL3 which I could technically port (and sell) without their permission, but
1) I think that is not the respectful thing to do without permission (and some profit sharing if they wish) and
2) All of the modules written by M.Boulé et all are under limited licenses anyway.
By putting the code under GPL the developers gave permission to use the code. (That's exactly what a license is for.) So asking them might be a nice thing to do in this case, but if they are stubborn on this they seem to have not grasped the concept of the GPL.

Murf
RE Developer

14 Apr 2023

jam-s wrote:
14 Apr 2023

By putting the code under GPL the developers gave permission to use the code. (That's exactly what a license is for.) So asking them might be a nice thing to do in this case, but if they are stubborn on this they seem to have not grasped the concept of the GPL.
Mindmeld Shapemaster is not listed as GPL, they point to the VCV Rack pro EULA https://vcvrack.com/eula

Dionisio

15 Apr 2023

Well, now i can stop dreaming about to see Geodesics collection in Reason.

Murf
RE Developer

15 Apr 2023

Dionisio wrote:
15 Apr 2023
Maybe they would reconsider if a heap of people asked them?!

Dionisio

15 Apr 2023

Murf wrote:
15 Apr 2023
Dionisio wrote:
15 Apr 2023
Maybe they would reconsider if a heap of people asked them?!
Yes, is a possibility :thumbs_up:

• Information