What did you just buy yourself?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2023

This :)
Attachments
1FBF9182-511A-4B51-918A-9854DAF64EAD.jpeg
1FBF9182-511A-4B51-918A-9854DAF64EAD.jpeg (110.78 KiB) Viewed 9498 times
C5D808F5-4F66-416C-93B3-4F17EBAC432E.jpeg
C5D808F5-4F66-416C-93B3-4F17EBAC432E.jpeg (74.16 KiB) Viewed 9498 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

13 Apr 2023

MrFigg wrote:
13 Apr 2023
That's a beauty. I just recently realized that I missed the purple one from Kuassa. I have almost all their amp sims, but not this one. I thought I didn't need another amp sim, but I found that it is the Vox sound I'm actually after :thumbup:

Oh well, there's always the next sale :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
13 Apr 2023
MrFigg wrote:
13 Apr 2023
That's a beauty. I just recently realized that I missed the purple one from Kuassa. I have almost all their amp sims, but not this one. I thought I didn't need another amp sim, but I found that it is the Vox sound I'm actually after :thumbup:

I've really been back and forth on it..AC15 or AC30. Also whether to get one with Blue Alnico Speakers or not. Went with the Greenbacks as to me they sounded warmer and softer.
If you're going to get the Lancaster I'd suggest getting the VST and then buy AC30 Impulse Responses from Audio Assault. I realised that those Kuassa amps sound much better when you load in good IRs. Same with the Orange one.
https://audioassault.mx/collections/irs ... 30-ir-pack
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

13 Apr 2023

MrFigg wrote:
13 Apr 2023
If you're going to get the Lancaster I'd suggest getting the VST and then buy AC30 Impulse Responses from Audio Assault. I realised that those Kuassa amps sound much better when you load in good IRs. Same with the Orange one.
Thanks for the tips, appreciate it.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

plaamook

16 Apr 2023

Air
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

miyaru

16 Apr 2023

MrFigg wrote:
13 Apr 2023
Wow, that is really NICE Mr Figg!!!!!!! :D
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2023

miyaru wrote:
16 Apr 2023
MrFigg wrote:
13 Apr 2023
Weighs 36kg!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miyaru

16 Apr 2023

MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2023
miyaru wrote:
16 Apr 2023

Weighs 36kg!!!
Yes, a true tube amp!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,

selig
RE Developer

16 Apr 2023

MrFigg wrote:
13 Apr 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
13 Apr 2023

I've really been back and forth on it..AC15 or AC30. Also whether to get one with Blue Alnico Speakers or not. Went with the Greenbacks as to me they sounded warmer and softer.
I love my AC15 with the 12" 'green' Celestion, perfect for a studio vibe and gets PLENTY loud. AC30 is often overkill in the studio IMO, speaking more from an engineer's perspective here.
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2023

selig wrote:
16 Apr 2023
MrFigg wrote:
13 Apr 2023

I love my AC15 with the 12" 'green' Celestion, perfect for a studio vibe and gets PLENTY loud. AC30 is often overkill in the studio IMO, speaking more from an engineer's perspective here.
How do you mean overkill? Too loud?
I got the AC30 as it has a reverb tone control which the 15 doesn’t and also is equipped for an fx loop.
I am a bit worried about how loud it’ll be for home use though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

16 Apr 2023

MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2023
selig wrote:
16 Apr 2023

I got the AC30 as it has a reverb tone control which the 15 doesn’t and also is equipped for an fx loop.
I sold mine. To get a decent tone I had to play it, um, fucking loud. It sounded great but was not very compatible with neighbours, even though we are in a detached house. But you'll love the tone. :thumbup:

I've got two Marshalls and a Fender with more power but they deliver their character at much lower volumes. Of course, the irony is that most of my playing is through software simulations these days, or through a very, very cheap and crappy headphone adapter if I'm just idling insignificantly.

The Vox is a great looking amp though. I should have kept mine as a decorative piece... :D

miyaru

21 Apr 2023

In the summertime with the current temperatures, my motorboots are a bit warm often. Therefore I ordered a pair of vented motorshoes, which will be much cooler yet on safety there is nothing wrong too........

And they look good with my motorbike!!!!

Greetings from Miyaru.

selig
RE Developer

21 Apr 2023

DaveyG wrote:
16 Apr 2023
MrFigg wrote:
16 Apr 2023

I sold mine. To get a decent tone I had to play it, um, fucking loud. It sounded great but was not very compatible with neighbours, even though we are in a detached house. But you'll love the tone. :thumbup:

I've got two Marshalls and a Fender with more power but they deliver their character at much lower volumes. Of course, the irony is that most of my playing is through software simulations these days, or through a very, very cheap and crappy headphone adapter if I'm just idling insignificantly.

The Vox is a great looking amp though. I should have kept mine as a decorative piece... :D
You talking about the AC30? Because you can get amazing tones on the AC15 at very reasonable levels IMO. Over the years I’ve noticed only a few bands that bring in full stacks to the studio (Looking at you, Megadeth). Many bands bring in smaller amps for recording from small Fenders (Blues Jr) to the Swart Atomic Space Tone (one COOL amp). Some will still bring in a 4x12 cabinet from time to time, but even then they may decide to only use it for tracking, and move to a modeling amp or simply use a plugin for overdubs (especially for cleaner FX based tones). I’ve noticed once you have the main guitars recorded with real amps, plugins don’t sound all that bad for smaller parts/overdubs.
Selig Audio, LLC

miyaru

21 Apr 2023

For my homestudio, I use two small guitaramps: a '73 Silverface Fender Champ 4 watt amp and a Marshall DSL 1 CR 1 watt amp, switched back to 0,1 watt - both loud enough to record with a decent microphone.

And don't get it wrong, even the 1 watt Marshall is still loud in a normal house.

For my bass I still use my Eden WT 300 and Mesa Engineering Powerhouse 2 x 10" cab, recorded with LDC Microphone. In fact I record the guitaramps too with a LDC Microphone.......
Greetings from Miyaru.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2023

My AC30 arrived yesterday. I had to send it back today. When the tremolo was engaged there was a noise like a wup wup wup electronic pulse. Sort of like the hum you’d get from a transformer. When the trem was turned off there was a buzz with a sort of rustly sound. I thought it might be because of the P90s on my guitar but even with nothing connected to the amp and all volumes down the wup wup pulse noise was still there. I don’t think that can be right so now I’m waiting on a replacement. I didn’t think the amp was too loud. Very clean and bright.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

21 Apr 2023

selig wrote:
21 Apr 2023

You talking about the AC30?
Yeah, AC30. Always wanted one. Then I got one. Careful what you wish for, I guess. The AC15 would have been a more sensible choice but the AC30 was what I coveted!

miyaru

06 May 2023

MrFigg wrote:
21 Apr 2023
My AC30 arrived yesterday. I had to send it back today. When the tremolo was engaged there was a noise like a wup wup wup electronic pulse. Sort of like the hum you’d get from a transformer. When the trem was turned off there was a buzz with a sort of rustly sound. I thought it might be because of the P90s on my guitar but even with nothing connected to the amp and all volumes down the wup wup pulse noise was still there. I don’t think that can be right so now I’m waiting on a replacement. I didn’t think the amp was too loud. Very clean and bright.
Mr Figg do you have a new one already? And if yes is it OK now?
Greetings from Miyaru.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 May 2023

miyaru wrote:
06 May 2023
MrFigg wrote:
21 Apr 2023
Yeah :). The new one came on Friday. And yes, much better. I didn’t mention it at the time but the valves on the first were running red hot. Let me nearly so hot that I could t have my hand near the back of the amp. Anyway, the pulsing noise has disappeared, well…there’s a little pulse when the tremolo is engaged but I think that has more to do with the guitar acting as an antennae and the amp accentuating the sound. I had a slight worry at the start as there was a sort of intermittent static click when nothing was plugged in. I opened it up and pushed home the valves and felt all the cables and the noise was still there so I took a couple and shoved it into all the inputs 8 or 9 times and now everything is perfect :). Noise disappeared. All good.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miyaru

08 May 2023

MrFigg wrote:
07 May 2023
miyaru wrote:
06 May 2023

Yeah :). The new one came on Friday. And yes, much better. I didn’t mention it at the time but the valves on the first were running red hot. Let me nearly so hot that I could t have my hand near the back of the amp. Anyway, the pulsing noise has disappeared, well…there’s a little pulse when the tremolo is engaged but I think that has more to do with the guitar acting as an antennae and the amp accentuating the sound. I had a slight worry at the start as there was a sort of intermittent static click when nothing was plugged in. I opened it up and pushed home the valves and felt all the cables and the noise was still there so I took a couple and shoved it into all the inputs 8 or 9 times and now everything is perfect :). Noise disappeared. All good.
Good to hear it turned out fine, and yes if it is an optical tremelo, a slight motorboating sound can be heard, but it should not be to loud.
Greetings from Miyaru.

Rising Night Wave

22 May 2023

just bought one month of reason+ subscription :P have no money for more hehe.
but would have a question about one thing, if any one can help:

i am interested into buying thih vocal pack: https://www.producerloops.com/Download- ... ocals.html

but am not sure what to choose: or REX version of ZIP file or Reason ReFill version of ZIP file.
it is about female vocals. so in general this is a WAV pack. but since i have an option to choose between REX and ReFill... i am not sure what would ReFill be in this case.
i know waht are REX files. and as said... i am not sure what would then be a ReFill ZIP package.

can anyone help? please. thanks.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

jam-s

22 May 2023

The REX version is more versatile as it can also be used in other software.

Rising Night Wave

22 May 2023

but do you know how does it look ReFill version? i assume there is one refill file containing REX files? is it so?
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Rising Night Wave

22 May 2023

okey. so i bought this two packages:
- Melancholic House & Vocals by Producer Loops ... https://www.producerloops.com/Download- ... ocals.html ... i choosed ReFill (it contains both WAV and REX files all sorted in folders; cool)
- and Vocal Premium Collection 2020 by Function Loops ... https://www.producerloops.com/Download- ... -2020.html

:P

Superology

25 May 2023

"Rick Rubin - The Creative Act: A Way of Being" and a lot of other books to make music better.

crimsonwarlock

26 May 2023

I just added two REs from my wishlist that were long overdue: Zero Hybrid synthesizer and Echobode (I've been sleeping far too long on that one) :puf_bigsmile:
-------

• Information