The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
elliotness

17 Mar 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
17 Mar 2023
The next teaser is out;

"instead of ADSR I'm goin CP triple D"

What do you supposed "C P Triple D" could mean when referring to envelope?

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2023

elliotness wrote:
17 Mar 2023
Faastwalker wrote:
17 Mar 2023
The next teaser is out;

"instead of ADSR I'm goin CP triple D"

What do you supposed "C P Triple D" could mean when referring to envelope?
The Character / Presence module controls how the sound will be identified by listeners. For example, while you can change the attack of a violin, it's more important that you select how the bow will strike the string, and how each note is articulated..

The Decay-definition-decay processes the sound in multiple dimensions through a series of symmetric decay/definition/decay chambers. Where a normal ADSR controls amplitude through an envelope, a DDD controller applies a decay to the very definition of the sound itself, which is then decayed through a natural decay period that can be applied to amplitude as well as any number of sound dimensions.

Quite disappointing that it took Reason Studios so long to make one of these for Reason. The algorithm has been known for centuries.

Also, only 15-days until the next announcement and my next update on how this all works.

DISCLAIMER: this post is complete BS

ltbrunt00

17 Mar 2023

Since A.I has taken over my place of work, I am going to guess a synth that uses A.I to sound like real world instruments that can morph between sounds. OK I stole some of that from my current VST addiction Soundpaint.20. Also the Reason synth will combine audio modeling with a standard synth. Since we are guessing that was my guess.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Faastwalker

18 Mar 2023

marcuswitt wrote:
17 Mar 2023
By looking at the color scheme and the arrangement of some of the buttons/knobs/encoders/wheels of that new RE in the thumbnail image of the third teaser video, I feel like being reminded in the Hartmann Neuron synthesizer, which was a unique and new take on modeling sounds based on resynthesis. I wouldn’t be surprised if RS has incorporated that kind of approach into that upcoming instrument. We’ll know quite soon.
I remember being blown away by the Hartmann Neuron when I first saw and heard it. Did it actually go into production?

A Hartmann Neuron style device as an RE would be very cool to have in Reason. Don’t think it’s what this is though.

moalla

18 Mar 2023

Pjeur Data might be complex, this https://www.elasticaudio.com/intro-to-intonal-guide/ might be deamanding...
So the set a phrase to trigger the userbase nice :clap: if it has cables and could not explode, cause it´s only virtual than it could be
more than modular, so it gives the ability to play with sounds direct per console like tinker cv
Fascinating would say Commander Spock

I also get complexes right away

good when your waking up the akira complex, but one track of this might be enough to be awake
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

marcuswitt

18 Mar 2023

So what? That’s part of marketing. 😉
That methodology of hyping things up keeps the entire entertainment industry alive, including sports, music business, movie business etc.

From my subjective perspective, from time to time there’s nothing wrong with being excited and triggered by curiosity about a new thing being announced. So, it’s all good, man… we’re humans, not robots.
joeyluck wrote:
17 Mar 2023
Y'all are doing more than these videos to hype this up, bumping this thread to tell us how much you don't care for the videos or the building of hype... These videos were made for you to do what you're doing now. You are the hype machine.

joeyluck

18 Mar 2023

marcuswitt wrote:
18 Mar 2023
That methodology of hyping things up keeps the entire entertainment industry alive, including sports, music business, movie business etc.

From my subjective perspective, from time to time there’s nothing wrong with being excited and triggered by curiosity about a new thing being announced. So, it’s all good, man… we’re humans, not robots.
joeyluck wrote:
17 Mar 2023
Y'all are doing more than these videos to hype this up, bumping this thread to tell us how much you don't care for the videos or the building of hype... These videos were made for you to do what you're doing now. You are the hype machine.

Oh I'm all about the teasers and speculation :thumbup:

I was just poking fun at the people complaining about it.

marcuswitt

18 Mar 2023

It’s understood, we’re on the same page then. 😉
joeyluck wrote:
18 Mar 2023
marcuswitt wrote:
18 Mar 2023

Oh I'm all about the teasers and speculation :thumbup:

I was just poking fun at the people complaining about it.

Billy+

18 Mar 2023

I wonder if it's a native RE of Avenger 2 ?

;)

Loque

18 Mar 2023

Billy+ wrote:
18 Mar 2023
I wonder if it's a native RE of Avenger 2 ?

;)
Yea, guess we will hear a lot of same new songs as soon as Avenger2 is out. Personally i never programmed a song in a synth, because it is way to complex and time consuming, but its good for marketing to be able to do it, i guess ;-) Still could be interesting for learning purposes...
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

24 Mar 2023

New YouTube ‘speculation’ short on new instrument;

https://youtube.com/shorts/QgXG_4KouFY?feature=share

Noise
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
24 Mar 2023

hoping for more reactions!!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

_andreypetr_

24 Mar 2023

At the last seconds of this short we have some sound demo from the synth

Floyd42

24 Mar 2023

What if,.... they made an instrument, what kinda "rebuild" any sound you`re feed in?
music will save us

BRIGGS

24 Mar 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
24 Mar 2023

Grainström FTW :lol:
r11s

_andreypetr_

24 Mar 2023

BRIGGS wrote:
24 Mar 2023
Faastwalker wrote:
24 Mar 2023

Grainström FTW :lol:
Actually it is a dream

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

24 Mar 2023

Embedding for this thread's official record :)

Heigen5

24 Mar 2023

A brass, sax physical modeling instrument?

moalla

24 Mar 2023

Heigen5 wrote:
24 Mar 2023
A brass, sax physical modeling instrument?
I feel you got it :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Faastwalker

25 Mar 2023

ryanharlin wrote:
24 Mar 2023
Embedding for this thread's official record :)

Cheers, Ryan. I couldn’t get that to work myself! :oops:

EDIT: Figured it out - Right click and chose 'Copy Video URL' :thumbs_up: I was clicking 'share' option on YouTube short.

marcuswitt

29 Mar 2023

Even if there is still some way to go before the official release of the new instrument, I'll throw out a few keywords that might lead in the right direction.

• ShrinkHull meshes (as shown in each of the three teaser videos),
• Modal sound synthesis (scientifically published in the early 1990’s)

If that’s the technology, which the new instrument is based on, then it opens up a whole new world for sound designers and musicians.

StephenHutchinson

29 Mar 2023

avasopht wrote:
13 Mar 2023
My money is on:
1. Physical modelling (multiple acoustic models).
2. Deep learning-based instrument (like Google's NSynth).
3. AI-powered synthesis (finds synthesis models to best match a recorded sound).
4. Analogue modelling.
5. Simple but valuable addition to existing stock synths (e.g. proper unison, oversampling, analogue characteristics such as wear, etc).
Woah!... I just checked out NSynth... even in the browswer, it took midi input from my Nektar Impact LX61 synth. That's insane.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

StephenHutchinson

29 Mar 2023

geronimo wrote:
14 Mar 2023
What we want is M1 compatibility !
Forgive me, but I'm a bit confused regarding why a lot of people are really wanting M1 compatibility?

I'm running a Mac Mini M1 (16GB RAM / 1TB HD) and it seems to do amazingly well under Rosetta. I'm not even sure I can make it go faster, except maybe exporting, but even still... that's pretty damn fast already.

Awhile back, with some hesitancy, I loaded up one of those crazy "brutal computer test" Reason files that are a test of how much your software/computer can handle. If I recall, I got to 2 or 3 minutes before things started to fall apart... not too shabby.

I'm just curious what M1 support will bring to Reason that it doesn't already have.

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

StephenHutchinson

29 Mar 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
18 Mar 2023
marcuswitt wrote:
17 Mar 2023
By looking at the color scheme and the arrangement of some of the buttons/knobs/encoders/wheels of that new RE in the thumbnail image of the third teaser video, I feel like being reminded in the Hartmann Neuron synthesizer, which was a unique and new take on modeling sounds based on resynthesis. I wouldn’t be surprised if RS has incorporated that kind of approach into that upcoming instrument. We’ll know quite soon.
I remember being blown away by the Hartmann Neuron when I first saw and heard it. Did it actually go into production?

A Hartmann Neuron style device as an RE would be very cool to have in Reason. Don’t think it’s what this is though.
I had a looksee on the internets... and there seems to be a Mac VST for Hartman Neuron Synth... designed by the originators of the physical synth:

http://www.neuronsynth.com/html/Home.html

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work on newer Intel Macs.

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2023

StephenHutchinson wrote:
29 Mar 2023
I'm just curious what M1 support will bring to Reason that it doesn't already have.
There's a few threads going into more detail on this.

Maybe it's to do with compatibility with plugins that are M1 only?? Can't remember. It was also performance for a long while until an update a few months ago

• Information