[solved] Posting soundcloud links

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
robussc

27 Mar 2023

I did this once in the past, but I seem to have forgotten the trick.

What link/info is put within the soundcloud_track markers? I tried a sound cloud link and sound cloud complained about it not being a valid embed. I tried the iframe approach and that just left a blank space.

What is the magic I'm forgetting?

Thanks!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2023

robussc wrote:
27 Mar 2023

What link/info is put within the soundcloud_track markers? I tried a sound cloud link and sound cloud complained about it not being a valid embed. I tried the iframe approach and that just left a blank space.

Thanks!
Do you mean in a signature (like mine below)?

robussc

27 Mar 2023

Popey wrote:
27 Mar 2023
robussc wrote:
27 Mar 2023

Thanks!
Do you mean in a signature (like mine below)?
I mean when posting to the music subforum, but probably either :)
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2023

No worries. For sharing soundcloud you can just copy the link (click share icon looks like three circles connected by lines)

To add a souncloud link to your signature go to my profile/edit signature and then paste your soundcloud link in between the two [soundcloud track] icons.

robussc

27 Mar 2023

Testing

Well bloody hell. I guess I was over thinking it with the soundcloud_track tag! :D

joeyluck

27 Mar 2023

I can move the posts here to the music forum if you wish to continue the conversation about the song there. What do you want the title of the thread to be?

robussc

27 Mar 2023

joeyluck wrote:
27 Mar 2023
I can move the posts here to the music forum if you wish to continue the conversation about the song there. What do you want the title of the thread to be?
I posted there too - but this one has more traction, so perhaps they could be merged?

Thanks!

joeyluck

27 Mar 2023

robussc wrote:
27 Mar 2023
joeyluck wrote:
27 Mar 2023
I posted there too - but this one has more traction, so perhaps they could be merged?

Thanks!
Done! :thumbup:

• Information