What did you just buy yourself?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
selig
RE Developer

26 Feb 2023

motuscott wrote:
22 Jan 2023
stillifegaijin wrote:
18 Jan 2023
A Classic - But actually I traded for it. So, does that count?
Mackie, built like a tank.
Recorded more than one album on 'em
Came here to say exactly the same. That mixer was the first ‘real’ mixer I purchased, did my Hearts of Space album on it in 1992!
Selig Audio, LLC

rorystorm

15 Mar 2023

Cherry audios fauxberheim 8 voice synth. Its pretty awesome although I've everything of theirs its got a really thin digital sound. Big fan of their elka x which is fantastic

miyaru

17 Mar 2023

Just bought my self a DIY kit. I'm going to build a compressor fx pedal for my bass guitars.

https://www.musikding.de/Engineers-Thumb-Compressor-kit

Right now I'm waiting for it to be delivered. In the meantime I'm building a DIY kit from a '74 ramshead triangle Big Muff, which was laying in my cupboard for nine years.......

I have build it's circuitry and spray-painted the housing. I'm looking for rub decals for the lettering.

It is both fun and educational to build fx pedals yourself, and it saves money.

If the Muff is ready I will post some pics.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

Steedus
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

A house ... so long superfluous audio plugin purchases :cry:

miyaru

22 Mar 2023

Congrats with your new house!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

miyaru wrote:
17 Mar 2023
Just bought my self a DIY kit. I'm going to build a compressor fx pedal for my bass guitars.

Right now I'm waiting for it to be delivered. In the meantime I'm building a DIY kit from a '74 ramshead triangle Big Muff, which was laying in my cupboard for nine years.......

I have build it's circuitry and spray-painted the housing. I'm looking for rub decals for the lettering.

I got a ‘73 Rams Head. But wait until you see the pedal that’s coming in the post. One off. I’ll post and tell you more when it arrives. Amazing.
In the meantime here’s a teaser.
Attachments
4E82D179-9F72-467A-88E3-879FC5C9CC6E.jpeg
4E82D179-9F72-467A-88E3-879FC5C9CC6E.jpeg (107.03 KiB) Viewed 4700 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

22 Mar 2023

Steedus wrote:
22 Mar 2023
A house studio with some other rooms attached...
Fixed that for ya.

Steedus
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2023

DaveyG wrote:
22 Mar 2023
Steedus wrote:
22 Mar 2023
A house studio with some other rooms attached...
Fixed that for ya.
Ahaha true. ;)

miyaru

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023
miyaru wrote:
17 Mar 2023

I got a ‘73 Rams Head. But wait until you see the pedal that’s coming in the post. One off. I’ll post and tell you more when it arrives. Amazing.
There is a ramshead from ‘73 for sale here in a shop in The Netherlands for € 1050,00 right now….. be sure you take care of yours as it has a high value!

Your pedal that is coming looks awful interesting, are you building it yourself? Or is it made to order special for you?

Tomorrow new strings for my Rickenbacker 4003 FG will arrive, and I am going to polish my frets and clean it properly.
It is very satisfying when the bassguitar is in outstanding order. I like to do it!

I wait to see, and maybe hear a soundsample from your upcoming fx pedal!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

miyaru wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2023

There is a ramshead from ‘73 for sale here in a shop in The Netherlands for € 1050,00 right now….. be sure you take care of yours as it has a high value!

Your pedal that is coming looks awful interesting, are you building it yourself? Or is it made to order special for you?

Tomorrow new strings for my Rickenbacker 4003 FG will arrive, and I am going to polish my frets and clean it properly.
It is very satisfying when the bassguitar is in outstanding order. I like to do it!

Nah...it's a rebuild based on the the exact '73 circuit diagram. Transistors are vintage soviet era...real satellite stuff. There's a bunch of mods on it including a gain switch, eq cut and mid boost.
I basically came up with the new pedal idea together with Joe from JDM Pedals in Germany. I wanted a Fuzzface circuit and he had some cool rare germanium transistors. By adding a switchable third transistor he could then effectively turn it into a ToneBender mk.1.5. Mix knob morphs between them. On the other side is an octavia with a direction switch which puts it before or after the fuzz. The microgram switch adds in a ToneBender mk.II circuit which just blows the whole thing into psychedelic mayhem. The design is getting printed on the casing in the UK...powder finish. It's going to be purple...inspired by the Purple Om blotters from back in the day. Oh yeah...and the LEDs are purple UV :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miyaru

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
miyaru wrote:
23 Mar 2023

Nah...it's a rebuild based on the the exact '73 circuit diagram. Transistors are vintage soviet era...real satellite stuff. There's a bunch of mods on it including a gain switch, eq cut and mid boost.
I basically came up with the new pedal idea together with Joe from JDM Pedals in Germany. I wanted a Fuzzface circuit and he had some cool rare germanium transistors. By adding a switchable third transistor he could then effectively turn it into a ToneBender mk.1.5. Mix knob morphs between them. On the other side is an octavia with a direction switch which puts it before or after the fuzz. The microgram switch adds in a ToneBender mk.II circuit which just blows the whole thing into psychedelic mayhem. The design is getting printed on the casing in the UK...powder finish. It's going to be purple...inspired by the Purple Om blotters from back in the day. Oh yeah...and the LEDs are purple UV :).
Sounds cool and end of the sixties, the start of the seventies- the golden era of music!!!!

The Muff I'm building is basicly my second fuzz, had a Shin-Ei fuzz Wah in 1983, but sold it quickly after I bought it for 15 euro's in current curentcy.... Stupid me!

I had to sell it alongside my almost new Peavey Bandit 65 to buy a bassguitar, as I was voted to play the bass in the band I was in. We had three guitarists and one of us had to play the bass. I never regret that as I love to play bass, My musical heroes at that time where Geddy Lee (Rush), Chris Squire (Yes) and Steve Harris (Iron Maiden). Because of this worshipping these guys led to buying a Rickenbacker 4003 in Fireglow and a Fender Steve Harris P bass - both in 2003. I was very active in bands these days, nowadays I play mostly alone at home, recording things and songs. I play guitar, bassguitar and keys for this purpose, and program my rythems.

I will post a picture of my pedalboard one of these days!
Greetings from Miyaru.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

miyaru wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023

Sounds cool and end of the sixties, the start of the seventies- the golden era of music!!!!

The Muff I'm building is basicly my second fuzz, had a Shin-Ei fuzz Wah in 1983, but sold it quickly after I bought it for 15 euro's in current curentcy.... Stupid me!

I had to sell it alongside my almost new Peavey Bandit 65 to buy a bassguitar, as I was voted to play the bass in the band I was in. We had three guitarists and one of us had to play the bass. I never regret that as I love to play bass, My musical heroes at that time where Geddy Lee (Rush), Chris Squire (Yes) and Steve Harris (Iron Maiden). Because of this worshipping these guys led to buying a Rickenbacker 4003 in Fireglow and a Fender Steve Harris P bass - both in 2003. I was very active in bands these days, nowadays I play mostly alone at home, recording things and songs. I play guitar, bassguitar and keys for this purpose, and program my rythems.

I will post a picture of my pedalboard one of these days!
I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
Get a room you two :shock:

:puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023

You know that we both have pink instruments upon which we twang right?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

23 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
Yep, and this discussion is turning NSFW fast :puf_bigsmile:

Luckily, I'm not starting here about my new “organ” :lol:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
Yep, and this discussion is turning NSFW fast :puf_bigsmile:

Luckily, I'm not starting here about my new “organ” :lol:
Always been very fond of a solid pianist.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

RobC

23 Mar 2023

As of late:

Focusrite Scarlett solo for the mic pre and ADC.
A microphone stand.
An LG 50" 4k TV mainly for Reason.

miyaru

24 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Mar 2023
:thumbup:

Greetings from Miyaru.

miyaru

25 Mar 2023

Well, I show my Rickenbacker first, as I photographed it today after a thorough cleaning of the frets, fretboard and lacquer. Also exchanged the strings from taperwound La Bella’s to roundwound D’addario’s.

Greetings from Miyaru.

miyaru

25 Mar 2023

On my guitar pedalboard live the following pedals:

Korg Pitch-black tuner, Jim Dunlop Wah Wah, Okko Diablo+ overdrive, a DIY made by me MXR Distortion+ clone, MXR Uni-Vibe, EHX Doctor Q, Digitech Ventura Vibe ( used in it’s Rotary Speaker setting), EHX Small Stone Nano, Zoom MS 70 CDR and a TC Electronics Hall Of Fame MK2.

All pedals are switched by a Harley Benton Switcher/Looper. This is basically a rebranded Joyo. The only two always engaged are the Wah and the Hall Of Fame reverb. The Fames ABY switch is there to switch between my ‘73 Silverface Fender Champ and my Marshall DSL1 CR.

Well Mr Figg, show me yours….
Greetings from Miyaru.

miyaru

25 Mar 2023

Oh and in the FX loop of my Marshall resides a EHX Holy Grail, as the build reverb was not my liking……
Greetings from Miyaru.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2023

miyaru wrote:
25 Mar 2023

On my guitar pedalboard live the following pedals:

Korg Pitch-black tuner, Jim Dunlop Wah Wah, Okko Diablo+ overdrive, a DIY made by me MXR Distortion+ clone, MXR Uni-Vibe, EHX Doctor Q, Digitech Ventura Vibe ( used in it’s Rotary Speaker setting), EHX Small Stone Nano, Zoom MS 70 CDR and a TC Electronics Hall Of Fame MK2.

All pedals are switched by a Harley Benton Switcher/Looper. This is basically a rebranded Joyo. The only two always engaged are the Wah and the Hall Of Fame reverb. The Fames ABY switch is there to switch between my ‘73 Silverface Fender Champ and my Marshall DSL1 CR.

Well Mr Figg, show me yours….
Ok :). Here you go…

Sansamp GT2 (which I don't actually have connected), Pitch Black (best), Fuzz I made myself, Old Jemm double sound wah/fuzz (on it's side for demonstration purposes), DT Whammy, Modded Ram's Head, JDM Vindicator, Superfuzz, Keeley Compressor, RAT, CAE/Dunlop Wah, TC Spark Boost, Stone Deaf Noise Reaper (all the dirt in a loop through the noise gate.), TC 3rd Dimension Chorus, MXR Phase 95, MXR Analog Chorus, TC: Phaser, Tremolo, Flashback2, Infinite Sustainer, Flamma Reverb, Boss RC-500 Looper. Into a Fender HotRod Deluxe :)
Attachments
2AA3BBA8-1B08-498C-A484-6CC613490FDE.jpeg
2AA3BBA8-1B08-498C-A484-6CC613490FDE.jpeg (203.7 KiB) Viewed 4550 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miyaru

25 Mar 2023

Impressive, a more than nice collection my friend!

Thanx for sharing, it is always nice to talk about pedals……
Greetings from Miyaru.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2023

miyaru wrote:
25 Mar 2023
Impressive, a more than nice collection my friend!

Thanx for sharing, it is always nice to talk about pedals……
Went a bit crazy after my folks died. Inherited some cash and thought fuck it. Might as well have a good time before I die myself. So I bought my JM Ultra and a bunch of pedals. I've had that SansAmp since the early 90s and the Jen since 1987.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miyaru

25 Mar 2023

Yes, know what you mean by that. When the company where I worked for for a long time sacked me because they had to many men working for them, I got some money for it. Bought an Eden Bass amp, a Mesa Engineering bass cab, the Rickenbacker 4003 shown above and a Fender “Steve Harris - Iron Maiden” P bass.

Has nothing to do with crazy, you are right, we don’t live forever.

And yes, I’m an orphan too…..
Greetings from Miyaru.

• Information