Final Studio Rebuild

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
moalla

24 Mar 2023

First stage is done, puh

After a hard time now, I´m going to rebuild, or build up a new studio space.
The wooden "studio" sideboard has gone, all my smaller electronical stuff living now in a 110cm x 50cm keyboardcase. The most strangers i had with my crappy MXL V69 psu and hum on my other gear, what needs completly new electronic parts.... At the moment the main work on the keyboard case is done, my new fredenstein mic preamp works really nicely and the war on cables was fewer than i thought.
Maybee it´s interessting to see how compact a electronic studio space could be, for me a dream comes trues, that everything i love for music making is now at a size, that i could handle it easely to travel with my stuff via train, especial whithin citys, to visit customers in the future in a more professional way :D

The Rhythm Wolf Bass Synth could be played by the Novation keys directly and performed with the mackie fx unit, nice for acid instant playing :crazy:

My smal room of 3m²
where is the Xcore PC :? , on the floor the small shoe box looking casething

Our mobile PA system before the lockdown, at the Goethe Plaza in Frankfurt

yeah the trailer becomes crap meanwhile, the bass housing got bulky waste, but the Unicorn Bambi is still alive in a secret garden
and the most important , all speakers and amps are working fine, if needed powered by 3000watts powerconverter from 12v car batterys....
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

crimsonwarlock

24 Mar 2023

What will the second rebuild stage be?
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Loque

24 Mar 2023

I need a unicorn in my studio...
Reason12, Win10

moalla

24 Mar 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
24 Mar 2023
What will the second rebuild stage be?
M01RE: controlls, design, flavour :ugeek:

maybee that´s it,I still have lying around a maudio session pro "dj" controller, how will be build in over the akai midimix, after some carpenter works at the plastic body. Yeah and i forgot, I still snapped two unused Behringer Mic200 valve pres, after tube swap with JJ 12au7 are these inexpensive units are planned to be used as color boxes, like the DIYRE pentode modules. The first experience with it, to tame the heights of my Nt2a´s working quiet well compared with the fireface onboard pres, maybe this starved plate 9v preamps are swallow a bit some transients driven hard, but I will upload some samples in the next time, that people can hear the differences.

But slowly my big wish is it to build unique midi controlls for my favourite :re: ´s that´s the next real improvement and let reason looks modular, but therefore it needs maybee a light guitar case,
but firstly i will stay with this keyboardcase i found at one of the last and most origin guitar shops in germany for 20bucks,
so i need a dremel this weekend to customize the maudio session dial box and a professional upgraded folding sack truck, if you see the wheels are big murks at mine
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

moalla

24 Mar 2023

X Session midi box surface, can probably be cut up so well without extra stuff

The PCB fits perfect into the rest of the room

The Behringer with the nice valve, vocal and keyboard eq settings what could be a plattform for a bigger colour pre, let´s have a look

moalla

07 Apr 2023

Still hadn´t the right cap for the golden spraycan, but it works for my 2voices BASIMILUS controller. Finally resized the maudio session control plasticbox with a big metall saw, now it fits nicely :D

Everything is fixed with diy aluminum bar peaces, brought to the right angle. I had only to drill at the right side one hole in the novation keyboard that it gets fixed for carrying it around, I think that´s acceptable at this point. The mixer is still reliefed of it´s plastic sideparts
The hole case weights around 12-13kg + mini ITX PC or Notebook, 47er condensermic, fireface and some accesoirs in a light case at the end around 16kg

If I need more the Nocturn49 + Ipad incl holder and dedicated preamp in a Keyboardbag+ 7kg

So everything is now very portable and I will be very happy the next days when I will stay with friends for session time

• Information