Nektar P1 or P4

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
phobic

16 Mar 2023

I already own a Nektar Panorama T6 but I've been looking out for a cheap P series for the extra mappings available and the slightly better work flow they offer.
I've been offered a Nektar P1 or P4, for the same money. Obviously the P4 is worth more but considering I already have what many would consider the newer and superior keybed and pads of the T series which one would you recommend?

gullum

17 Mar 2023

You already have keys and pads so it quite easy choice but then again the P6 already has all the slider the P1 has so I would go for something like Behringer x-touch or an icon controller that has motorised faders it extra controls are what you need,

phobic

17 Mar 2023

gullum wrote:
17 Mar 2023
You already have keys and pads so it quite easy choice but then again the P6 already has all the slider the P1 has so I would go for something like Behringer x-touch or an icon controller that has motorised faders it extra controls are what you need,
Thanks for the reply. It's a T6 I currently have, not the P6, so I suppose I was just wondering what else the P series would give me over the T, plus what if anything the P4 would bring over the P1 that I would use. I'll definitely look at the other controllers you suggested but a big factor for getting another Nektar was the price. Under £100 for either unit seems too good to pass up

• Information