Electronica - The Rule of A.I.

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
brianwdowliong

13 Mar 2023

🎶It’s in all the news, ChatGPT, image creation, music generation and more. This dark industrial piece envisions a dystopian mood where A.I. develops without ethics, empathy and other behaviour that would otherwise humanize. Best in headphones. Made with: #abletonlive drone library #ableton #arturia #reasonstudios and video edited in #finalcutpro Stills created using OpenAI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eTaFNlZ1qU

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2023

Very dark and atmospheric. Lots of ear candy. I like it. :thumbs_up:

Chizmata

15 Mar 2023

this is what chat GPT thinks about your song:

“The Rule of A.I.” by Brian W Dowling is a single track that was uploaded on YouTube on March 15, 2023. It is an electronic, ambient and experimental piece that uses Reason 12 Suite to create a futuristic and dystopian sound with robotic voices, glitchy noises and pulsing rhythms. The track is inspired by the ethical and social implications of artificial intelligence (AI) and its impact on human society. The music evokes a sense of curiosity and fear, as well as a feeling of wonder and caution. However, some listeners may find it too abstract or chaotic. I would rate it 4 out of 5 stars for its originality and creativity, but not for its melody or emotion.

And heres what i think: there is some good sound design and great mixing going on here. the track has disturbing atmosphere and a clear and musical progression through its elements. the only thing is personally dislike is that wobbly synth at 1:44.

RTFX

16 Mar 2023

Chizmata wrote:
15 Mar 2023

“The Rule of A.I.” by Brian W Dowling is a single track that was uploaded on YouTube on March 15, 2023. It is an electronic, ambient and experimental piece that uses Reason 12 Suite to create a futuristic and dystopian sound with robotic voices, glitchy noises and pulsing rhythms. The track is inspired by the ethical and social implications of artificial intelligence (AI) and its impact on human society. The music evokes a sense of curiosity and fear, as well as a feeling of wonder and caution. However, some listeners may find it too abstract or chaotic. I would rate it 4 out of 5 stars for its originality and creativity, but not for its melody or emotion.

And heres what i think: there is some good sound design and great mixing going on here. the track has disturbing atmosphere and a clear and musical progression through its elements. the only thing is personally dislike is that wobbly synth at 1:44.
I wonder how you formulated that question
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Chizmata

16 Mar 2023

RTFX wrote:
16 Mar 2023
Chizmata wrote:
15 Mar 2023

generally, just "write a review of "x" by "y"".
if thats not enough, you can try "write a review of the song "x" by "y" on youtube" etc.

RTFX

16 Mar 2023

Chizmata wrote:
16 Mar 2023
RTFX wrote:
16 Mar 2023

if thats not enough, you can try "write a review of the song "x" by "y" on youtube" etc.
Thank u sir!
I followed your sentence and it turned out to be a great ego booster haha
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

visheshl

16 Mar 2023

:thumbup:
Chizmata wrote:
15 Mar 2023

visheshl

16 Mar 2023

brianwdowliong wrote:
13 Mar 2023
🎶It’s in all the news, ChatGPT, image creation, music generation and more. This dark industrial piece envisions a dystopian mood where A.I. develops without ethics, empathy and other behaviour that would otherwise humanize. Best in headphones. Made with: #abletonlive drone library #ableton #arturia #reasonstudios and video edited in #finalcutpro Stills created using OpenAI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eTaFNlZ1qU
Nice piece, but a little too dark for my tastes....i like dark stuff, but fantastical dark stuff, not too realistic dark stuff....
This is a little too dark, a little to real to burst your bubble of comfort zone....

brianwdowliong

16 Mar 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 Mar 2023
Very dark and atmospheric. Lots of ear candy. I like it. :thumbs_up:
Thanks so much, appreciate the encouragement. Brian

brianwdowliong

16 Mar 2023

Chizmata wrote:
15 Mar 2023

Thanks so much, appreciate the feedback and the review. Brian

Chizmata

16 Mar 2023

RTFX wrote:
16 Mar 2023
Chizmata wrote:
16 Mar 2023

Thank u sir!
tbh im baffled how accurately this AI can describe impressions and emotions connected to a track sometimes. its pretty off at other times though.

RTFX

17 Mar 2023

Chizmata wrote:
16 Mar 2023
RTFX wrote:
16 Mar 2023

Thank u sir!
tbh im baffled how accurately this AI can describe impressions and emotions connected to a track sometimes. its pretty off at other times though.
I think it depends on which AI is in the chat and which one is having a toilet break.

Chizmata

17 Mar 2023

RTFX wrote:
17 Mar 2023
Chizmata wrote:
16 Mar 2023

I think it depends on which AI is in the chat and which one is having a toilet break.
:lol:

brianwdowliong

17 Mar 2023

I got ChatGPT to do a review today and the following is what it came up with. Clearly takes most of the information from the text in the description and the tags more than anything else. That's the challenge with AI, in that there is a pretty clever language and inference algorithm, but no real emotive understanding. And the design behind the scenes has a bent to make the algorithm "likeable." Compelling expression indeed, compelling for the computer? For whom would it be compelling or not? Still fascinating though.

The video seems to be a creative expression of the potential dangers of artificial intelligence developing without ethical constraints or a moral compass.

The music and visuals work well together to create an eerie, dystopian atmosphere that effectively communicates this theme. The use of industrial sounds and dark tones in the music adds to the ominous feeling of the video, while the use of visuals created with OpenAI reinforces the futuristic and technological aspect of the topic.

From a technical perspective, the editing of the video seems well-done, and the use of different software tools, such as Ableton, Arturia, and Final Cut Pro, shows the creator's skill and creativity. Overall, the video is a compelling expression of the potential dangers of artificial intelligence and the importance of considering the ethical implications of its development.

• Information